Can the clock even be reviewed?

They deserved to get that play.

I suppose if clock really ran out, that would change things. I don't know though - the play clearly did not take say, 7 seconds. I've heard the suggestion that time ran slow on those last 7 seconds, but I'm not going to put credence to that until I see something more than what I have. It could be that the time shown on the screen when the play started wasn't synced to the official clock...but then, how do you see the official clock?

Hard call. I'm not inclined to buy into any conspiracy theories though so I lean to the assumption that the clock was right. If we had won that game after the botched kickoff and the Shipley completion + horsecollar, it would have been a real steal though...those things lost the game at the end more than any official decision.

Texas deserved it? After that boneheaded time management? One timeout left and Colt runs a play that takes so long to develop and then lofts the ball gingerly out of bounds? How stupid can you get? Get a freakin' clue. Maybe if the winning-est QB of all time didn't have his head up his ass, the Big 12, Walt, and Beebe would not have had to save their asses. The whole situation makes me sick.

And I would have to assume that the reason the play was reviewed was because the OFFICIAL time clock read 0:00 - it makes no sense to review it based on the clock that's superimposed on the broadcast - which is what they were showing on the replay. Only problem with that is that the clock is not reviewable unless there's a call being reversed or there has been an egregious error. Neither of those happened, but it was reviewed anyway.

And I agree: Nebraska earned itself a fantastic trip to beautiful San Diego and came out of there with a complete lambasting of a supposedly strong Pac-10 team. I'll take it! Was there any better way to be heading into next season? Even getting to the Fiesta Bowl and making some noise, I don't know. I'll take this. This was about as good a result as we could possibly ask for, in terms of springboarding us into next year.

Nice trip for the fans, coaches, and players. A boring Arizona team that provided as much competition as any PAC 10 team has this year - which is no competition. I mean, the team had three or four weeks to prepare and holding a bad Husker offense to 33 and putting up a goose egg was the best they could do?

It was great that we put up ten wins this year and absolutely dominated Arizona, but after the Texas game, the Holiday Bowl was highly anti-climactic.

Only problem with that is that the clock is not reviewable unless there's a call being reversed or there has been an egregious error. Neither of those happened, but it was reviewed anyway.

Time expired when it should not have and would have reversed the outcome of the game. If that's not an egregious error, what is?!

Nothing we can do about it now.

Lets move on and get payback in Lincoln in 2010.

You're saying this to a fan base who is still bitter about the 1982 Penn State game.

Not to mention that phantom block in the back in the '94 Orange Bowl (after '93 season). Or the TD that wasn't in the same game. Or this:

grab.jpg

NEWSFLASH: We tend to hold grudges as a program and fan base.

Nothing we can do about it now.

Lets move on and get payback in Lincoln in 2010.

You're saying this to a fan base who is still bitter about the 1982 Penn State game.

Not to mention that phantom block in the back in the '94 Orange Bowl (after '93 season). Or the TD that wasn't in the same game. Or this:

grab.jpg

NEWSFLASH: We tend to hold grudges as a program and fan base.

In reality I think CornHusker fans take more pride in the screw jobs Nebraska have gotten in the past then the actual wins.

How many post topics every year come up and Talk about the Nebraska NC win in 94 compared to Penn State 82, Florida State 93 losses. :snacks:

They deserved to get that play.

Except for the fact the most of us are in agreement, that the clock shown on TV was NOT the official game clock but something else (scoreboard one maybe?). Many at the game said the OFFICIAL clock on the field counted to ZERO before the ball hit the ground. So, we will never know if they really deserved that extra play or not, the whole thing is still VERY fishy.

So where exactly was the official game clock for this game? And could those many people actually see it at exactly the same time they saw the ball his the ground, or perhaps the railing (if it did hit that)? It seems to me that most people probably watched the ball hit the ground, then turned to the scoreboard clock, but maybe they know where to find the official clock. Any clock I saw on TV clearly shows 01 as the ball hits the ground, and you also see the ref start to wave his arms signalling for the clock to stop. But I don't know which clocks you see on TV.

Seriously, tell me where the official game clock was in that game. Then let's talk about whether many fans could see it, and how fishy this is.

I agree that this needs to be clarified at the college level like the NFL has done, and be handled consistenly.

Texas deserved it? After that boneheaded time management? One timeout left and Colt runs a play that takes so long to develop and then lofts the ball gingerly out of bounds? How stupid can you get? Get a freakin' clue. Maybe if the winning-est QB of all time didn't have his head up his ass, the Big 12, Walt, and Beebe would not have had to save their asses. The whole situation makes me sick.

Sure what Colt did was dumb, but if we won because of that, we'd have gotten away with one. At that point they deserved it as much as we did. We could have easily won the game pinning them to the 20 and shutting them down on defense. Instead we gave them safe field goal range with PLENTY of time on the clock (it was seriously a lot of time that for some reason they just ran down to 7, wasn't it?) It's almost like they tried to lose the game for us when up to that point, they deserved the victory if their kicker could pull through. Up to that point, we didn't deserve it unless we blocked the kick. That's where I say 'they deserved it.' In addition to there being time on the clock when the play was over.

I'm just removing the team names from the situation and trying to think of it in any other way, and I kind of can't help but feel that was the most merited outcome given all that happened.

Sure what Colt did was dumb, but if we won because of that, we'd have gotten away with one. At that point they deserved it as much as we did. We could have easily won the game pinning them to the 20 and shutting them down on defense. Instead we gave them safe field goal range with PLENTY of time on the clock (it was seriously a lot of time that for some reason they just ran down to 7, wasn't it?) It's almost like they tried to lose the game for us when up to that point, they deserved the victory if their kicker could pull through. Up to that point, we didn't deserve it unless we blocked the kick. That's where I say 'they deserved it.' In addition to there being time on the clock when the play was over.

I'm just removing the team names from the situation and trying to think of it in any other way, and I kind of can't help but feel that was the most merited outcome given all that happened.

Seriously, tell me where the official game clock was in that game.

I'm pretty sure "official" time is kept by an on-field judge.

That's what I thought. So there's no way possible all of these people at the game know what that clock said when the ball hit. But it also makes it tough to see how they could do a review based on any other clock.

so by these rules texas would've got the play...

by this rule AFTER the eagles got screwed their 1second to put another FG up. So no, texas would of lost in the name of getting the play reviewed and the rules verified.

but instead since texas was ranked higher we are taking one for the team.

so by these rules texas would've got the play...

by this rule AFTER the eagles got screwed their 1second to put another FG up. So no, texas would of lost in the name of getting the play reviewed and the rules verified.

but instead since texas was ranked higher we are taking one for the team.

NO.....it said if the team who had the ball when clock "expired" was losing, they'd get an extra play. So since Texas was losing, they'd get the play.

Also, those who've pointed out we are a grudge holding fanbase are correct; and to whomever asked why the '82 Penn St game or '93 FSU game always gets brought up, it's because those were LOSSES and it's easier to focus on and REMEMBER the negatives. Those are games we SHOULD have WON.

That's all...(Bo also said he probably will never get over the Big XII CCG loss)