Ran into an avid Arizona Fan tonight....

:) I am glad that we aren't sitting around this year whining and moaning the whole off season, calling for the heads of coaches to be whacked off in the public square, but...

I ran into an AZ fan tonight up here in Washington, he was a very good sport about the whole blowout thing, and commended our defense for a great game. The thing that I was impressed most about this guy was that he wasn't calling for someone to be fired at AZ. :cheers He had a very positive outlook on the future of AZ football, and I got the feeling that he understood that it is a growing experience, and that good things are worth the wait if you give them the time needed to develop.

We have been in the same position that they are getting dominated like that, and unfortunately the first thing that happens is there are people calling for the heads of coaches, complaining about who is starting at QB, etc. Hell, we couldn't even get through this season without people promoting the benching of Lee, or calling for Watson and Cotton's heads. And this season was, for 95% of all the other teams in the NCAA, an excellent season for the Huskers. (Even though, we as fans, who watched our offense knew it wasn't up to our standards, and knew that the defense truly saved the season - but the team wins as a team, and loses as a team.)

We need to get back to the point, as fans, where we stand behind our team, and the coaches, at least until they give us good reason over the course of several seasons not to be in their corner. We used to be like that, before Callahan's reign...and it sure would be nice to be there again.

Whether we like it or not, other fans from other teams watch how we react when things aren't going real good. In the past people have always commented on what good sportsmanship we had, and how we supported our team in good times and bad. Can they still say that? Can we still make the claim that no matter what, we are true Husker fans?

:) I am glad that we aren't sitting around this year whining and moaning the whole off season, calling for the heads of coaches to be whacked off in the public square, but...

I ran into an AZ fan tonight up here in Washington, he was a very good sport about the whole blowout thing, and commended our defense for a great game. The thing that I was impressed most about this guy was that he wasn't calling for someone to be fired at AZ. :cheers He had a very positive outlook on the future of AZ football, and I got the feeling that he understood that it is a growing experience, and that good things are worth the wait if you give them the time needed to develop.

We have been in the same position that they are getting dominated like that, and unfortunately the first thing that happens is there are people calling for the heads of coaches, complaining about who is starting at QB, etc. Hell, we couldn't even get through this season without people promoting the benching of Lee, or calling for Watson and Cotton's heads. And this season was, for 95% of all the other teams in the NCAA, an excellent season for the Huskers. (Even though, we as fans, who watched our offense knew it wasn't up to our standards, and knew that the defense truly saved the season - but the team wins as a team, and loses as a team.)

We need to get back to the point, as fans, where we stand behind our team, and the coaches, at least until they give us good reason over the course of several seasons not to be in their corner. We used to be like that, before Callahan's reign...and it sure would be nice to be there again.

Whether we like it or not, other fans from other teams watch how we react when things aren't going real good. In the past people have always commented on what good sportsmanship we had, and how we supported our team in good times and bad. Can they still say that? Can we still make the claim that no matter what, we are true Husker fans?

Good points.

IBWT In Bo We Trust!!!

We are in good hands with Bo Pelini.

Schuhbdoo

Good points and I agree with you, but there are far higher expectations at Nebraska than at Arizona. AZ football fans aren't used to winning so it's much easier to have that type of attitude, especially when the football program takes a backseat to their basketball program.

All the fans here in Tucson seem have the same take on the game. Arizona wasn't ready to play because they were partying to much, and Stoops didn't do his job preparing them. I tried to suggest that maybe they just played the best defense in the country, at this point of the season, but they didn't want to here that. They still think they would have beat the Huskers if only they had come to play. Not going to change their minds down here.

GBR!!!

Well, I think most people in Nebraska thought it was going to be a lot closer than it was, and if you look at our offensive production this year, we very well could have gotten beat...

One burden we bear at Nebraska is all those National Championships, once you get the taste of it, you want more, and you expect them. That is something that most other teams never get, and very few get a chance at the number that we have won, and can even contemplate knowing what it feels like.

Well, I think most people in Nebraska thought it was going to be a lot closer than it was, and if you look at our offensive production this year, we very well could have gotten beat...

One burden we bear at Nebraska is all those National Championships, once you get the taste of it, you want more, and you expect them. That is something that most other teams never get, and very few get a chance at the number that we have won, and can even contemplate knowing what it feels like.

Its true, like a drug, get a taste of it and want more. :bonez

...We used to be like that, before Callahan's reign...

Not to be a naysayer...but...

I remember in the mid to late 80's when poeple where calling for TO's head because he couldn't win the bowl games.

I guess my point here is that there will always be those who feel they are serving a purpose by calling for firings. Not saying I agree...just sayin'...

I guess, Growing up through the Osborne years, I came to appreciate the consistancy, especially of our Offense.

Windy wet conditions didn't really effect us, and we had O-Lines that produced ~7yd/carry runners on a pretty consistent basis.

You gotta admit..Winning the MNCs was that much more sweeter being a smashmouth team rather than a flavor of the season finnesse team...Or were we a hybrid of the two extremes?

Used to love when we did pass, though...

give us good reason over the course of several seasons We need to get back to the point, as fans, where we stand behind our team, and the coaches, at least until they asons not to be in their corner. We used to be like that, before Callahan's reign...and it sure would be nice to be there again.

I guess that means you wanted Cosgrove back since he only had one bad defensive year and the year before they won the north. <_<

Were fans supposed to be giddy all year watching the offense do nothing game after game.

Can't wait for next year to post all positive stuff no matter what happens in a game, just so other teams fans can think what a great fanbase they have here.

I'll leave on a positive note. It was great that this offense almost beat texas by settling for fg when they were on the ten yard line.

Let's start another true fan post. :sarcasm

I remember in the mid to late 80's when poeple where calling for TO's head because he couldn't win the bowl games.

I guess my point here is that there will always be those who feel they are serving a purpose by calling for firings. Not saying I agree...just sayin'...

It was not so much TO, but they were usually calling for McBride's head, especially against the Florida teams.

It was not so much TO, but they were usually calling for McBride's head, especially against the Florida teams.

No..I remember having to defend TO to my old girlfriend's Dad (A Booster) because it took 7 or 8 tries to finally beat Barry (OU).

I also seem to remember reading where he was close to getting fired just before he squeaked out a win against Houston? in a Bowl game.

His play calling was sooooooo predictable durring his first decade as HC.

Eventually...It didn't matter.

No..I remember having to defend TO to my old girlfriend's Dad (A Booster) because it took 7 or 8 tries to finally beat Barry (OU).

I also seem to remember reading where he was close to getting fired just before he squeaked out a win against Houston? in a Bowl game.

His play calling was sooooooo predictable durring his first decade as HC.

Eventually...It didn't matter.

I was just responding to the late 80's post, and yes, I remember TO was close to being shown the door if he didn't win the now defunct Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl against Texas Tech in 76.

TO finally got over the OU bugaboo in 78 to only lose the next two games (Mizzou, and OU rematch at the Orange Bowl) That was almost enough for TO to resign and take the HC job at Colorado.