RB Quandre Diggs

This kid says one thing does the other he states he is ready to shut things down.wants to commit and focus on his high school team.

Names his top four Texas, Florida, Alabama and Missouri I am not big on traveling,but will try to visit Georgia and LSU, Will attend Texas on 27 seen Missouri play Navy and Texas twice. Cancelled trip to OU Diggs says, academics rank one and I have other factors in the mix.The only place he has visited is Texas why would you shut thing down?

:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno

This kid says one thing does the other he states he is ready to shut things down.wants to commit and focus on his high school team.

Names his top four Texas, Florida, Alabama and Missouri I am not big on traveling,but will try to visit Georgia and LSU, Will attend Texas on 27 seen Missouri play Navy and Texas twice. Cancelled trip to OU Diggs says, academics rank one and I have other factors in the mix.The only place he has visited is Texas why would you shut thing down?

:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno

Watching Mizzou play Navy should have been enough to cross them off of his list. :lol:

UT won't offer him. They always sign to top rivals guys. Malcom will be their #1 guy because he's got the big size and they have had a lot of success with the big backs in their system (Reggi Williams, Cedric Benson, etc.)

I think Mack Brown & Co. have no problem evaluating talent on their own. Assuming they just go down Rivals' list of Texas players 1-50 and make their offers lacks a basic understanding of both recruiting and how the rankings work. The best explanation I've seen has been from S. Mandel: "While Rivals' star-system isn't a definitive assessment of a recruit's talent, it's a pretty good indicator of how sought-after a certain prospect is."

Because teams like Texas can almost have their pick of recruits - if Texas offers, the recruit imediately gets bumped up a notch in that "sought-after" measurement. Brown, Meyer, Kiffin & Saban will have a hard time not signing all 4+ star recruits for the simple fact that if the best teams in the country want you, you must be a solid prospect. It's logical, and to fault Rivals' for adding or weighting this component of their ranking would be an injustice to the recruits. If you're good, you're sought after...if you're not very good - you aren't. To say kids go unnoticed in today's world of you tube highlights, and streaming information is a stretch.

It doesn't always work against us either. The same things happen when our coaches discover tallent. At the same time we uncover the "diamond in the rough" we generally alert Rivals to the prospect as well. Before you know it that diamond (Enunwa) becomes a "possible difference maker" and what was once a two-star risk, is a solid three-star early contributer.

• Fire 1

UT won't offer him. They always sign to top rivals guys. Malcom will be their #1 guy because he's got the big size and they have had a lot of success with the big backs in their system (Reggi Williams, Cedric Benson, etc.)

Texas will offer him.

He is a high priority to them as a DB not a running back.

• 3 weeks later...

E,

I think your right. Everything that I heard and had read was they are taking him at DB/CB. Diggs is best friends a 2010 MU recruit and was supposed to visit during the spring game. The MU people had talked to him a lot and everything that was being said was TX wanted him as a CB. If they offered thats what it would be and if they offered he would be a TX lock. Heard he got a verbal offer 2 days ago and commited this morning.

No offense girlknowsfootball . . . but you miss a lot on your recruiting predictions. I think the koolaid might get to you. That's ok . . . I am probably more pessimistic than I should be.