2011 BCS - Nebraska vs Iowa

cmb23

So it is the offseason and I'm pouting. And it was crappy and snowing all day so looking on the internet and listening to the radio there is a lot of talk back and forth amongst Nebraska and Iowa fanbases. I've lived most of my life in Iowa...except the years that I went to school at NU...and some subsequent years after that before moving back to Iowa.

I am a Husker through and through....however I do appreciate and cheer for Iowa whenever they are playing since they are my 'home team'. I have never had the hatred or spite for them that some have.

Anyway after two very impressive bowl games for each team and fan base all we have to look forward to is the start of the 2010 season. Both will be ranked top 20 to end this season (my guess is NU 14 and Iowa 5). And some VERY early preseason rankings have both in the top 10 (or just outside). If both teams could win out the ACTUAL game would happen and the smack talk would be put to rest!!!

So...I made up a facebook group and am trying to spread the word. Come and join if you want and let others know.

2011 National Championship - Nebraska vs Iowa

Thanks!!!

So it is the offseason and I'm pouting. And it was crappy and snowing all day so looking on the internet and listening to the radio there is a lot of talk back and forth amongst Nebraska and Iowa fanbases. I've lived most of my life in Iowa...except the years that I went to school at NU...and some subsequent years after that before moving back to Iowa.

I am a Husker through and through....however I do appreciate and cheer for Iowa whenever they are playing since they are my 'home team'. I have never had the hatred or spite for them that some have.

Anyway after two very impressive bowl games for each team and fan base all we have to look forward to is the start of the 2010 season. Both will be ranked top 20 to end this season (my guess is NU 14 and Iowa 5). And some VERY early preseason rankings have both in the top 10 (or just outside). If both teams could win out the ACTUAL game would happen and the smack talk would be put to rest!!!

So...I made up a facebook group and am trying to spread the word. Come and join if you want and let others know.

2011 National Championship - Nebraska vs Iowa

Thanks!!!

i'm sorry, but what is facebook? is it similar to myface.com?

But... THE games were already played in 1999 and 2000, I believe we won quite easily.

Yeah...you know I hear a lot of Iowa fans talking about 'Living in the past'...this statement doesn't do much to prove them wrong. I don't care what happened 10 years ago. I know where the programs are right now and where they are anticipated to be next year. USC kicked our asses a few years ago...do you not want to see a matchup against them again?!?!

Is there a more natural rivalry in college football, that doesn't even exist? It's sad really. Nebraska vs. Iowa should happen at least 5-6 times a decade. I don't care whose fault it is or who was scared to play who. Just get it done. I am so tired of our (and just about every other major program's) non-conference crap.

Is there a more natural rivalry in college football, that doesn't even exist? It's sad really. Nebraska vs. Iowa should happen at least 5-6 times a decade. I don't care whose fault it is or who was scared to play who. Just get it done. I am so tired of our (and just about every other major program's) non-conference crap.

smiley-signs009.gif

But... THE games were already played in 1999 and 2000, I believe we won quite easily.

Yeah...you know I hear a lot of Iowa fans talking about 'Living in the past'...this statement doesn't do much to prove them wrong. I don't care what happened 10 years ago. I know where the programs are right now and where they are anticipated to be next year. USC kicked our asses a few years ago...do you not want to see a matchup against them again?!?!

Kind of funny coming from a fan base that lived off the one time Iowa beat Nebraska for a couple of decades<_<

Image I made for the page just screwing around for a few minutes this afternoon...

20574_241176291743_501491743_3833033_5883741_n.jpg

dude does anyone else see whats messed up about this picture?

Nike gloves, lol... you should have found one with Adidas gloves in it. lol goos sh*t though brother.

That's an Iowa guy trying to take it out of Nebraska's hands.... (trying to cover my rear). Believe it or not I couldn't find a very good picture of the trophy (at least that I wanted to spend an overly obsessive amount of time to find).

Image I made for the page just screwing around for a few minutes this afternoon...

20574_241176291743_501491743_3833033_5883741_n.jpg

dude does anyone else see whats messed up about this picture?

Nike gloves, lol... you should have found one with Adidas gloves in it. lol goos sh*t though brother.

I would've thought you were talking about the Old N symbol with the cursive Huskers. But I see you're even more about the details than myself!