QB Cody Fajardo

schuhbdoo

Update:

Rivals just posted that Cody is no longer taking a visit to NU this weekend. They didn't speculate why, just reported that he isn't coming anymore. Also said that he was never offered a scholly

We pretty much knew he didn't have an offer yet, but the fact that he's not coming now makes me think either someone else is (Godfrey?) or Carnes is N.

Godfrey doesn't have an offer AFAIK, and isn't even on the radar anymore to my knowledge.

Crabtree has a teaser that Fajardo is not coming this weekend but probably going to Arizona instead. Does Stoops stalk these boards???

Arizona lost their only QB recruit to TCU this week, not a shock that they'd go after Fajardo.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Matt-Brown-83132

(per rivals Yahoo Sports)According to Fajardo, rated No. 35 at his position by Rivals.com, the Cornhuskers are close to landing a commitment from another quarterback which means there won't be room for him.

"I don't think that's going to go through anymore," Fajardo said of his Nebraska trip. "They're close to signing that other kid. I told (the Nebraska coaches) I have other options and I don't want to be waiting and hoping."

Edited by Ohio Pete
Clarified free source

(per rivals)According to Fajardo, rated No. 35 at his position by Rivals.com, the Cornhuskers are close to landing a commitment from another quarterback which means there won't be room for him.

"I don't think that's going to go through anymore," Fajardo said of his Nebraska trip. "They're close to signing that other kid. I told (the Nebraska coaches) I have other options and I don't want to be waiting and hoping."

Does this mean that he and the coaches think Cranes (j/k) is essentially N??

Or is Fajardo just seeing that he's the second option and he's getting out while he still has some time to check other places out (and he's assuming Carnes is N just because we've been recruiting Carnes the hardest?)

Here's the source link for the quote supplied by HuskerT. It's hard to tell exactly, but it just seems like Carnes is a clear priority. Read differently, though, it sounds like coaches have also made him aware that there was a high likelihood of Brion committing. Good news, I think, but nothing definite. Maybe Farjado ends up at Nevada...

...good luck to the kid. Those witty MU fans would have done a number on his last name anyway. Fajardo - that's ripe for the picking.

Per the Husker board on HI.

Not verified yet.

Strange Cody Fajardo News Reply

First he cancels the visit here (based on the rumours that is not strange). Supposedly it is to goto Tucson to visit U of A, which just had a QB defection (that is no strange). Before he goes to Tucson, he commits to the Nevada Wolfpack.

Posted on 1/29 7:30 PM | IP: Logged

...good luck to the kid. Those witty MU fans would have done a number on his last name anyway. Fajardo - that's ripe for the picking.

Not verified yet.

First he cancels the visit here (based on the rumours that is not strange). Supposedly it is to goto Tucson to visit U of A, which just had a QB defection (that is no strange). Before he goes to Tucson, he commits to the Nevada Wolfpack.

Fajardo would fit well at Nevada. Their Pistol offense would be right up his alley.

Not verified yet.

Confirmed he did commit to Nevada today.

Fajardo would fit well at Nevada. Their Pistol offense would be right up his alley.

Not verified yet.

I would be calling CODY now if he hasn't signed on the line.

Not verified yet.

Or maybe the staff has resigned themselves to not taking a QB this year and hope that Marsh is as good as advertised.

I don't believe in looking desperate.

That's what some of you are asking the coaching staff to be is desperate to find a QB this year. We don't need a QB this year, we have Jamal Turner committed next year and Marsh as a greyshirt, were going to be fine.

Not verified yet.

I don't think the coaches can initiate contact until after signing day. If I'm remembering correctly Cody can contact the coaches, but the coaches cannot contact Cody.

Not verified yet.

I don't think the coaches can initiate contact until after signing day. If I'm remembering correctly Cody can contact the coaches, but the coaches cannot contact Cody.

:yeah

We're in a dead period.

Yeah, we lost Fajardo... when the coaches called him and told him not to come visit, he gave up on us. He's probably a little ticked we led him on this whole time, plus he knows he can start and play a lot at Nevada as one of their top recruits, where here he'd have to fight for respect.

Coaches can't contact him, he's not gonna contact us. He's Nevada's.