tommy tuberville

I am I

I think this could be a great hire because he is going to use the existing staff. If he lets the OC do his thing, and Tubberville does his thing and resurrects a defense(something they've never had)- I predict they will become a thorn in the sides of the major big 12 teams. I also think TT will never be a major player- just a thorn. Much like Oklahoma State. If you've ever been to Lubbock, you'll know why.

Personally I believe the TT coaching staff already in place has enough continuity, comfort in their system, and has built strong enough ties with HS coaches in TX, that they are the best option TT has to keep themselves moving forward rather than backwards. Which is the most likely scenario when you can an entire staff and replace them with a "name" coach who wasn't all that great at his last job.........Something us Husker fans should know a little something about. <_<

For now...I think in a couple of years we'll start to see coaching changes at TTU as Tuberville starts to hire in his own coaching staff. Keeping the current staff in place may have been an under the table deal to keep that continuity going in the immediate future. But I would not be surprised to see some new coaches coming in.

Personally I believe the TT coaching staff already in place has enough continuity, comfort in their system, and has built strong enough ties with HS coaches in TX, that they are the best option TT has to keep themselves moving forward rather than backwards. Which is the most likely scenario when you can an entire staff and replace them with a "name" coach who wasn't all that great at his last job.........Something us Husker fans should know a little something about. <_<

For now...I think in a couple of years we'll start to see coaching changes at TTU as Tuberville starts to hire in his own coaching staff. Keeping the current staff in place may have been an under the table deal to keep that continuity going in the immediate future. But I would not be surprised to see some new coaches coming in.

:yeah

IMO for recruiting purposes. Those kids want to put up big numbers in that O, so maybe they wont lose as many kids if the staff stays put while TT gets his feet wet in Lubbock.

:yeah

IMO for recruiting purposes. Those kids want to put up big numbers in that O, so maybe they wont lose as many kids if the staff stays put while TT gets his feet wet in Lubbock.

Damn you're avatar is hot! :lol:

TT is going to bring a game plan that is slow and methodical. He's a defense-minded coach that will probably take a few years to begin to be successful. He's probably more similar to Bo than any other head coach in the Big XII, when it comes to his strategies and processes. He won't get quite as fired up as Bo will on the sidelines, but none-the-less they are pretty similar.

Nebraska has the tradition that Texas Tech will never be able to claim, which would put a huge advantage for Nebraska in terms of recruiting.

Give TT 3 years, and you won't see the ball flying all over the place on offense. He may have to the first two years or so, just working with what he currently has. He'll try to keep the clock in his back pocket. Get up on him by 2 or 3 scores, and you've pretty much done your job.

Remember though, that his 2002 Auburn team went 13-0 in the SEC, which is not a small feat by any means. TT is a good coach, but I'm not too sure he'll be able to do too much with Texas Tech.

TT is going to bring a game plan that is slow and methodical. He's a defense-minded coach that will probably take a few years to begin to be successful. He's probably more similar to Bo than any other head coach in the Big XII, when it comes to his strategies and processes. He won't get quite as fired up as Bo will on the sidelines, but none-the-less they are pretty similar.

Nebraska has the tradition that Texas Tech will never be able to claim, which would put a huge advantage for Nebraska in terms of recruiting.

Give TT 3 years, and you won't see the ball flying all over the place on offense. He may have to the first two years or so, just working with what he currently has. He'll try to keep the clock in his back pocket. Get up on him by 2 or 3 scores, and you've pretty much done your job.

Remember though, that his 2002 Auburn team went 13-0 in the SEC, which is not a small feat by any means. TT is a good coach, but I'm not too sure he'll be able to do too much with Texas Tech.

The people describing Tuberville's offensive style as slow & methodical forget the reason that he is no longer the coach at Auburn. He brought in Tony Franklin, a spread offense guru, to implement an aggressive, fast-paced, no-huddle offense. The experiment failed dramatically because Tubs & Franklin tried to change too much too fast, and their aggressiveness resulted in both of them looking for work (Franklin didn't even survive to see the end of the season). Given Tubby's new OC hire, Neal Brown, I don't think he's looking to implement the kind of slow, smash-mouth running attacks he was known for in his earlier years at Auburn and Ole Miss. Coincidentally, Brown and Franklin both worked as the OC at Troy University before Tuberville hired them.

The people describing TT's offensive style as slow & methodical forget the reason that he is no longer the coach at Auburn. He brought in Tony Franklin, a spread offense guru, to implement an aggressive, fast-paced, no-huddle offense. The experiment failed dramatically because Tubs & Franklin tried to change too much too fast, and their aggressiveness resulted in both of them looking for work (Franklin didn't even survive to see the end of the season). Given Tubby's new OC hire, Neal Brown, I don't think he's looking to implement the kind of slow, smash-mouth running attacks he was known for in his earlier years at Auburn and Ole Miss. Coincidentally, Brown and Franklin both worked as the OC at Troy University before Tuberville hired them.

Very true. I wrote that before his new hire. Even Tony Franklin at Auburn beat Clemson in a bowl :dunno