2010 expectations

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 wins and a Big 12 CCG appearance. After that it's all up to the team to determine where they go from there (BCS? Cotton?), I just think we should be expected to get there.

We're not quite at the point where I think we should be EXPECTING BCS bowl berths and CCG victories, considering it's been, well. Like a decade.

I think less than 10 wins would be a disappointment, but nothing catastrophic. Again, I think we should remain grounded as fans. The reality of the extremely competitive and constantly fluid landscape of college football is that it's hard to get to the top and even harder to stay there. With BC, we had 8-4 one year, 9-4 and CCG appearance the next year, and we were all thinking "this is just going to keep going up and up." Expecting a CCG win the next year and BCS or NC because that just seemed like the logical progression. But I don't really see it that way anymore. It's more like we're playing at a very high level right now, and it's going to be a constant dogfight to stay still or advance from here.

I would say National Championship, but last year i barely got my prediction right (loses to VT and Oklahoma, with a Big 12 appearance againt Oklahoma). So i think i will take the safe route and say win the Big 12 title this year, and we will have an appearance in either the Rose or Orange bowl, finishing in the Top 10. Though that's not concrete until fall practice starts.

Personally, I would be happy with a Big XII title followed up with a BCS (at large) bowl berth. Whether that means playing outright for the NC or the Fiesta Bowl.

I'm probably in the minority with what I'm about to say, and that is when the official preseason polls come out, I'd rather be sitting between #10-15, more so for motivational purposes. I'd rather see us earn that Top 10 or 5 finish when it's all said and done next season. Gradual progression week in, week out.

I can see us doing quite well next year with some tough times agains okie state. But lots of teams are reloading next year so we might not even get the chance. I think it depends on what type of qb we have next year. If we have lee, and he improves to be a gammer then we can do ok maybe get a bcs bowl birth. But hes a senior next year and in 2011 were right in the friggin doghouse again as far as qbs go. Now if lee is gone and we have a sophmore, junior qb. We might do ok in 2010 with a big 12 champ and a bcs bowl birth. But be top notch for the 2011 and 2012 season. Honestly we still have a good D but im curous to see what happens without suh at the helm. Guy was a leader, hopefully Crick and co can keep it up.

Personally, I would be happy with a Big XII title followed up with a BCS (at large) bowl berth. Whether that means playing outright for the NC or the Fiesta Bowl.

I'm probably in the minority with what I'm about to say, and that is when the official preseason polls come out, I'd rather be sitting between #10-15, more so for motivational purposes. I'd rather see us earn that Top 10 or 5 finish when it's all said and done next season. Gradual progression week in, week out.

Just sayin, but its not really possible to win the big 12 title and get an at large bcs berth. if we win it we're auto, whether that is the MNC or the fiesta..

But i the way the schedule sets up, anything LESS than 10 wins would be a disappointment, unless we are just completely decimated by injuries, as stated above. But who knows...

I dont know what to expect for next year. But I do hope that we as a fan base learn from our mistakes of the past few years. Over the past few year the optimisims of spring practice turns in to Big 12 champsionship talk after the spring game. From there our non conference dominance begins talk of MNC. It is my hope that after we dominant Western Kentucky and Idaho, have a good game against U.W., then blowout SD State with our 3rd string; that we can start Big 12 play better than we have while BO has been here.

We have started Big 12 play 1 - 2 in both of Bo's seasons.

Half the offense was injured this year and we still scraped together 10 wins

All the D has to do is maintain (I really don't know how they can get better, considering they're arguably the best in the nation), and O to be competent at least, and I think a Big 12 championship is very possible, especially given the favorable schedule next year.

Kool-Aid says B12 Champions

Reality says BCS bowl