Standhardinger

Okay maybe this is just me but the kid hasnt lived up to the hype of what has been said. Last night I thought he looked mediocre at best. He looks like he has no clue what is going on out there, not only when it comes to knowledge of plays and understanding(which we can credit somewhat to being a freshman) but also fundamentally. When he gets the ball it doesnt seem like you know what is going to happen, turnover..etc. Kinda like how I felt when Zac Lee took off running this year.. Maybe its just me,but hes looked awful..

i have no problem with him not knowing the system and all, very understandable. But even fundamentally he looks off. He picks up is dribble and looks like hes about to drag a foot everytime, telegraphs his passes, those kindof things that shouldnt be a problem for a D1 basketball player. I guess I will just have to give him time to see what he molds into.

he's played two games. against a&m (a pretty decent team) he looked extremely good for being thrown into big 12 action for his first collegiate game. against ku he did not look good, but many players have bad games against a team like that, especially when it's only their second game of the season and ku has played 15 games. either way, it's hard to say a guy is or isn't living up to his hype when he has played only 2 games out of what is hopefully a 100+ game career

correction: i guess he's three games in now (been trying to forget about the iowa state debacle, guess it almost worked). he didn't look very good in that game either, but again it was game three out of 100 some games he will hopefully be playing in a nebraska uniform. give him time, the kid has said multiple times he hates to lose, and after watching him you can tell he isn't just a hot head blowin smoke, he means it and will work harder to get better and bring home some w's

Okay maybe this is just me but the kid hasnt lived up to the hype of what has been said. Last night I thought he looked mediocre at best. He looks like he has no clue what is going on out there, not only when it comes to knowledge of plays and understanding(which we can credit somewhat to being a freshman) but also fundamentally. When he gets the ball it doesnt seem like you know what is going to happen, turnover..etc. Kinda like how I felt when Zac Lee took off running this year.. Maybe its just me,but hes looked awful..

The Zac Lee analogy is probably pretty apropos. Zac's trouble was partially the O-line and I think the way the Huskers are ballin' overall is pretty bad. So many new guys and well, they just don't look too good. Playing with a team that is a mess will make you look bad too sometimes, especially if you are trying too hard, which he seems to be. Gotta live up to the hype, so many expectations, etc. There may be a reason some of the guys on his team were getting paid and he wasn't. :corndance Just caught the last 15 mins or so of the Mizzou game and didn't see him at all.