WR discussion

So many of us think a major problem on offense outside of the oline is the play of our WRs. Whether it's kids who can't run routes, catch the football, block, etc, obviously we are in need of help.

We have the following WRs coming back next year:

Name Pos. Yr. Exp. Ht./Wt

2 Antonio Bell WR Fr. HS 6-0/180

42 Tyson Clark WR Fr. HS 6-4/190

6 Khiry Cooper WR Fr. RS 6-2/180

87 Taylor Dixon WR Fr. RS 5-11/170

35 Nick Failla WR Fr. HS 5-10/180

11 Curenski Gilleylen WR So. 1V 6-0/210

8 Will Henry WR Jr. 2V 6-5/220

85 KC Hyland WR Fr. RS 6-6/205

4 Ty Kildow WR Fr. HS 5-7/165

84 Brandon Kinnie WR So. JC 6-3/215

26 Tim Marlowe WR Fr. HS 5-10/160

21 Steven Osborne WR Fr. RS 6-4/185

83 Joseph Partington WR So. TR 6-2/190

24 Niles Paul WR Jr. 2V 6-1/210

Note the years above are this year not next year.

Add the incoming freshmen from the 2010 class:

Kenny Bell - 6-2/173

Quincy Enunwa - 6-2/200

Tyler Evans - 6-2/180

Obviously, Niles Paul will be number 1 on the depth chart but it gets a little fuzzy after him. Who do you think will be the major playmakers during the 2010 season? Do Gilleylen, Kinnie, Cooper, and A. Bell make major strides in the off-season? Any surprise guys make an impact? How much time do you expect the freshmen to see this upcoming season? And what are your general thoughts on these guys? How will the depth chart look to you at the start of the season?

I think are depth chart will look something like this in 2010:

1) Niles Paul

2) Brandon Kinnie

3) Antonio Bell/Qunicy Enunwa/Khiry Cooper

4) Gilleylen

Of the freshmen, I see Enunwa making the fastest impact. The way he goes over the middle and likes to be physical means he gets on the field quickly.

Another discussion to pass the time during the off-season.....

Its really not that fuzzy.

1. Niles Paul

2. Brandon Kinnie/Curenski Gilleylen

Slot. Khiry Cooper/Antonio Bell

I do believe i saw Will Henry and KC Hyland getting reps throughout the season when the second stringers came in for mop up duty. Will be interesting to see if they make a push for more playing time next year.

I think Kinnie made the most progress this year and should be our go-to guy if he continues to improve. I like his size and physicality without the ball.

After him, I think Paul is obviously the most proven, but is too inconsistent to be a true threat in the Big XII.

I like the size of our WR corp and hope to see some of the speed guys learn the O and get on the field to make plays...

Kinnie came on strong towards the end of the season, I look for him to be a solid #2 behind Paul.

I'm disappointed with Gilleylen's progress thus far. He started off hot this year, rode the pine, came back for the bowl but was slipping all over the field. Could just have been one of those years, but I'd like to see him step it up next year.

GBR

1. Niles Paul

I do believe i saw Will Henry and KC Hyland getting reps throughout the season when the second stringers came in for mop up duty. Will be interesting to see if they make a push for more playing time next year.

I don't think Gilly will ever move from slot.

1. Niles Paul

I don't think Gilly will ever move from slot.

I didn't want to Gilleylen in the slot, mostly because of his performance this year. If he improves, then yes, I would expect him to stay in the slot with Paul and Kinnie as X and Y receivers. But if he doesn't, then im sure they will find someone else to play slot.

I would like to see, or at least have them try, putting Kyler Reed in a role similar to how KU used Kerry Meier. Maybe they already have and I didn't notice because he didn't catch 10 balls a game like Meier. He has the size and speed to do it.

except the kid is always getting injured. don't know if he could handle the hits in that role...

8 Will Henry WR Jr. 2V 6-5/220

85 KC Hyland WR Fr. RS 6-6/205

very nice size for a WR and a couple people that are 6-4

i dont know much about the guys above i wonder how there speed is and phisicality but if there phisicality is anyting like purify then we are in good shape guys... :)