Split

EZ-E

Call me nostalgic, but I will give Carnes the benefit of doubt here. One could only hope he was even half of what Tommy was and we'll have 2 NC's. Either way I agree with WVHuskers take, whichever one the coaches want, i'll support.

A similar situation cost us barry sanders...

im unfamiliar with this story. care to enlighten me?

Weird - I thought we had confirmed that the third QB in the mix was Farjado (sp?)

They met with Fajardo a week ago but I feel he is an option no. 4.

Godfrey or Carnes (offer)

Colter

Fajardo

Just a hunch.

If there is a split on the staff it is really up in the air and Bo/staff will have to battle it out on who gets the

offer/scolly.

Only one of the 4 has an offer to date.

Fajardo is now option #3 since Colter committed to Northwestern this week.

Rivals is still showing an offer from Northwestern but no commitment for Colter. I haven't seen a commitment to Northwestern or an offer from us, that is why I still saying no. 3. Let me know if the commitment is for sure to Northwestern on Colter.

Weird - I thought we had confirmed that the third QB in the mix was Farjado (sp?)

Colter

Fajardo

Just a hunch.

If there is a split on the staff it is really up in the air and Bo/staff will have to battle it out on who gets the

offer/scolly.

Rivals is still showing an offer from Northwestern but no commitment for Colter. I haven't seen a commitment to Northwestern or an offer from us, that is why I still saying no. 3. Let me know if the commitment is for sure to Northwestern on Colter.

Scout reported it here.

Call me nostalgic, but I will give Carnes the benefit of doubt here. One could only hope he was even half of what Tommy was and we'll have 2 NC's. Either way I agree with WVHuskers take, whichever one the coaches want, i'll support.

A similar situation cost us barry sanders...

:yeah I think Godfrey looks like the better QB to me from the film I've seen, but I'm not going to pretend that I know better than the coaches which player should get the offer.

Based on the highlight videos ive seen of Carnes and Godfrey.

Godfrey has got a cannon on his arm, but Carnes has a quicker release. There is the first difference, Godfrey can throw the long ball accurately, Carnes is a little less accurate and not as a big thrower than Godfrey is.

Carnes seems to much faster than Godfrey and more agile, not saying that Godfrey isnt, he showed some good moves too. One thing i do want to point out, Godfrey isn't afraid to punch through for a few more yards on the run, rather than Carnes who would rather tuck it and try to get to the outside and run out of bounds.

Godfrey also seems to have a better pocket presence than Carnes does. Might have something to do with they way they were coached, but Godfrey seems to stay in the pocket a little longer for things to develop, rather than Carnes who at the first sight of an OL losing his edge on defender, Carnes takes off.

Pretty much what it comes down to. if you want someone to be able to run the option well and throw the short pass, go with Carnes. If you want a gun-slinger to run the spread offense and stretch the field, go with Godfrey.

My pick, Godfrey, since Watson still wants to run the spread and we only have room for maybe 1 QB.

Let's face facts here, if Cody Green can't turn into the gunslinger that the spread offense demands, Godfrey is the pocket passer who can develop into one. Green and Martinez are natural runners. Do we really need a 3rd with Carnes while running the spread offense?

Colter

Fajardo

Just a hunch.

offer/scolly.

Scout reported it here.

Thanks Nexus, I didn't see that. I don't blame Colter, we were slow playing an offer to him.

I still think it comes down to 1 and 2.

okay usually im more in the loop but its been a crazy day so i dont know whats really going on here....

are we talkign about jeff godfrey the ucf guy???

stupid me... sorry just want to clarify before i start looking at film of the wrong guy or whatever

Darian Godfrey

Yes Darian Godfrey Gilmer Texas

From Scouts. He went to a Baylor camp, not sure of the exact date of the camp but addresses his arm and their take.

Nicknamed "Stump," this Gilmer quarterback was sensational as a sophomore in 2007 helping lead Gilmer High School to a 14-1 record and a Class 3A State Runner-Up finish. He recently attended Baylor's football camp in Waco, and turned out a stellar performance. Come inside to get our take, his take, and what his future may hold.

Nicknamed "Stump," this Gilmer quarterback was sensational as a sophomore in 2007 helping lead Gilmer High School to a 14-1 record and a Class 3A State Runner-Up finish. He recently attended Baylor's football camp in Waco, and turned out a stellar performance. With offers from Kansas State and Tulsa, Godfrey showed why he is begining to pick up steam as far as recruiting goes. After the camp, Godfrey told us his thoughts.

How he thought his camp went today:

"It went well. Got out here and threw it around and competed."

What he got out of today's camp"

"Mechanics. You always have to get those down when you come to a camp. When you go to that school, you got to make sure you are hrowing how they want you to throw the ball. That is what you got to get down first."

What he did that maybe opened some eyes:

"I just came out and was being myself. I didn't try to do too much. I am just doing my job."

Plans for off-season:

"I am just lifting weights and getting better."

Plans for the future other than winning a State Championship:

"Just for anybody who comes out and watches, to say, 'He played the game right. And he lead his team to victory."

OUR TAKE

Godfrey may throw with the greatest velocity that we have seen so far this camp season. He throws a very catchable ball, and accuracy is not an issue. His ability to roll either direction and fire is a strength. Standing 6'0" may be a disadvantage, but his skills as a passes make up for that in many regards.

okay usually im more in the loop but its been a crazy day so i dont know whats really going on here....

stupid me... sorry just want to clarify before i start looking at film of the wrong guy or whatever

Darian Godfrey

From Scouts. He went to a Baylor camp, not sure of the exact date of the camp but addresses his arm and their take.

Nicknamed "Stump," this Gilmer quarterback was sensational as a sophomore in 2007 helping lead Gilmer High School to a 14-1 record and a Class 3A State Runner-Up finish. He recently attended Baylor's football camp in Waco, and turned out a stellar performance. Come inside to get our take, his take, and what his future may hold.

Nicknamed "Stump," this Gilmer quarterback was sensational as a sophomore in 2007 helping lead Gilmer High School to a 14-1 record and a Class 3A State Runner-Up finish. He recently attended Baylor's football camp in Waco, and turned out a stellar performance. With offers from Kansas State and Tulsa, Godfrey showed why he is begining to pick up steam as far as recruiting goes. After the camp, Godfrey told us his thoughts.

"Mechanics. You always have to get those down when you come to a camp. When you go to that school, you got to make sure you are hrowing how they want you to throw the ball. That is what you got to get down first."

"I just came out and was being myself. I didn't try to do too much. I am just doing my job."

Plans for off-season:

"Just for anybody who comes out and watches, to say, 'He played the game right. And he lead his team to victory."

OUR TAKE

Godfrey may throw with the greatest velocity that we have seen so far this camp season. He throws a very catchable ball, and accuracy is not an issue. His ability to roll either direction and fire is a strength. Standing 6'0" may be a disadvantage, but his skills as a passes make up for that in many regards.

shoots....

big ups for the help on this one.....

Darian Godfrey

Plans for off-season:

OUR TAKE

shoots....

big ups for the help on this one.....

this video has 9 mins of footage. Also, he is now 6'2" and 210. Grew some since his rivals numbers.