Split

EZ-E

DAMN GINA

the kids a stud!!!!

looks pretty good to me... real fluid passing and ability to make plays and put the ball in place only reciever can get....

wonder what the knock on him is from other schools??? under the radar type guy?? if so why?? doesnt seem like he would be since anyone who leads anyone to anything in texas football is a stud of some sorts......

i like him....

but i remember this kid now...

isn't he high on tulane or something??

looks good to me though

DAMN GINA

the kids a stud!!!!

looks pretty good to me... real fluid passing and ability to make plays and put the ball in place only reciever can get....

wonder what the knock on him is from other schools??? under the radar type guy?? if so why?? doesnt seem like he would be since anyone who leads anyone to anything in texas football is a stud of some sorts......

i like him....

but i remember this kid now...

isn't he high on tulane or something??

looks good to me though

Per EZ-E, the staff seems to be split and torn between Carnes and Godfrey. I don't think we have extended an offer or a visit to Godfrey. Of the schools on his list, I think we are way above everyone listed. If we offered I think he would commit on the spot.

When and if he were to hit the field at NU, he would be probably 6'2" to 6'3" and 215 to 220 lbs in a year. He seems like he would not shy away from contact and be able to hit receivers when needed. We are headed back to a power offense and we need a QB that can pull it down and get tough yards. Carnes seems to shy away from contact and run out of bounds. I didn't see that in the Godfrey tapes.

I am not an expert but if there is a split, some of the staff sees something in Godfrey too.

You know, im comparing Godfrey to Gabbert.

Why the hell did we go after Gabbert?! Both Godfrey and Carnes are way better than Gabbert.

I'll Gabbert an arm and accuracy, but footwork, pocket presence, speed and agility? You won't find that in Gabbert, only in Godfrey and Carnes.

But even if the notion was to stay the course and continue with the spread-pass, that Tyler was looking for.

Why take a great passer out of Tyler Gabbert, when you can have a great passer and good scrambler out of Darian Godfrey?

I dunno, personal opinion would tell me Godfrey is the smarter choice, even before the offensive problems this season. Maybe the interest level from Gabbert was more than Godfrey, or that Gabbert was 5 stars and Godfrey is (2 stars, right?).

I guess one difference between the two is consistency.

I'm not sure I buy into the whole Tyler Gabbert being overrated thing.

Isn't he basically a shorter, maybe gutsier and tougher version of Blaine? More of a baller type while Blaine had all the measurables? Blaine had some serious wheels - I'd be surprised if Tyler wasn't pretty fast and mobile in the pocket as well. You don't think of guys like Reesing as dual threats, but he had fine speed and burned us for some long gains this year on the ground. I'm fine with that kind of play at QB.

Isn't Tyler also another example of a kid who has everything but for 3 inches of height that would make him one of the most sought-after prospects in the country?

In any case, I am kind of warming up to the Godfrey idea. Whoever we get as our QB out of this year's class, I'm expecting him to be the next Joe Ganz four years down the line. No pressure, kid. :)

I'm not sure I buy into the whole Tyler Gabbert being overrated thing.

Isn't he basically a shorter, maybe gutsier and tougher version of Blaine? More of a baller type while Blaine had all the measurables? Blaine had some serious wheels - I'd be surprised if Tyler wasn't pretty fast and mobile in the pocket as well. You don't think of guys like Reesing as dual threats, but he had fine speed and burned us for some long gains this year on the ground. I'm fine with that kind of play at QB.

Isn't Tyler also another example of a kid who has everything but for 3 inches of height that would make him one of the most sought-after prospects in the country?

In any case, I am kind of warming up to the Godfrey idea. Whoever we get as our QB out of this year's class, I'm expecting him to be the next Joe Ganz four years down the line. No pressure, kid. :)

I rarely saw him step up in the pocket, or roll to the outside with quickness and speed, or take off when the pocket collapsed around him.

But i could be wrong, ive been wrong before. haha.

Word is Carnes will visit NU on Jan. 23. Godfrey will visit Virginia on Jan. 22 and then NU on Jan. 29.

I haven't heard anything about Godfrey visiting, but that's good news if true. I think it comes down to Carnes and if he commits before Godfrey's visit (provided there is one). If not, you have to offer Godfrey and take him. He's a very impressive looking QB, and he looks like a pass-first kind of a guy, who can also run...which is what we want. We don't want another RB playing QB type, not for Watson's system anyway.

Well if the staff is split, then we know who is on Carnes' side. Judging by the fact that Carnes has an offer in hand and an official visit scheduled and Godfrey doesn't have either, I'd say it's safe to say that at least Bo is in Carnes' camp.

Hey, we should make "Team Darian" and "Team Brion" posters and t-shirts like preteen girls did over that New Moon movie. I can just see Bo, Barney and TO walking through the complex wearing their t-shirts and yelling "Team Darian" as they pass each other in the halls.

Based on the highlight videos ive seen of Carnes and Godfrey.

Godfrey has got a cannon on his arm, but Carnes has a quicker release. There is the first difference, Godfrey can throw the long ball accurately, Carnes is a little less accurate and not as a big thrower than Godfrey is.

Carnes seems to much faster than Godfrey and more agile, not saying that Godfrey isnt, he showed some good moves too. One thing i do want to point out, Godfrey isn't afraid to punch through for a few more yards on the run, rather than Carnes who would rather tuck it and try to get to the outside and run out of bounds.

Godfrey also seems to have a better pocket presence than Carnes does. Might have something to do with they way they were coached, but Godfrey seems to stay in the pocket a little longer for things to develop, rather than Carnes who at the first sight of an OL losing his edge on defender, Carnes takes off.

Pretty much what it comes down to. if you want someone to be able to run the option well and throw the short pass, go with Carnes. If you want a gun-slinger to run the spread offense and stretch the field, go with Godfrey.

My pick, Godfrey, since Watson still wants to run the spread and we only have room for maybe 1 QB.

Let's face facts here, if Cody Green can't turn into the gunslinger that the spread offense demands, Godfrey is the pocket passer who can develop into one. Green and Martinez are natural runners. Do we really need a 3rd with Carnes while running the spread offense?

I like your post a great deal and agree with all but one thing. I do not see Green as a natural runner. In fact, Cody seems really awkward running the ball. he has shown no vision at all. he basically cradles the ball and runs into defenders too high and goes down in a clump. Yes he is gazelle-like when he is in the open field and can straight-line cover ground quickly. But, he has shown no moves, little to no field vision, and has gained little to nothing after contact. In my mind, it is a stretch calling him a dual threat QB. Honestly, Lee is a better runner than Green --- but is himself also a stretch to call dual threat. Both are, at best, decent runners.

Well if the staff is split, then we know who is on Carnes' side. Judging by the fact that Carnes has an offer in hand and an official visit scheduled and Godfrey doesn't have either, I'd say it's safe to say that at least Bo is in Carnes' camp.

Hey, we should make "Team Darian" and "Team Brion" posters and t-shirts like preteen girls did over that New Moon movie. I can just see Bo, Barney and TO walking through the complex wearing their t-shirts and yelling "Team Darian" as they pass each other in the halls.

"That is the worst idea I have heard in my life Tom."

"Yeah, that is horrible, this idea."

:)