Split

EZ-E

Honestly, Lee is a better runner than Green

Okay, now that's going a little too far. Lee looked better in the Holiday Bowl, but he's one of the worst QBs I've seen run the ball in a long time. Go back and watch Green's high school film. Dude can run. Maybe he's not a Vick or Vince Young, but he's also no Lee!

I'll wear the STUMP shirt. I like them both, I just think Stump has bigger upside as a passer. He also just seems to have that Command Presence that you can't teach.

I agree with you 100%. I'll be happy with either, or so it don't matter much to me. But if I had to pick one, I'd give the slight edge to Godfrey based on the films I've seen. There is no wrong pick though.

Okay, now that's going a little too far. Lee looked better in the Holiday Bowl, but he's one of the worst QBs I've seen run the ball in a long time. Go back and watch Green's high school film. Dude can run. Maybe he's not a Vick or Vince Young, but he's also no Lee!

To counter --- you may be right that in HS Green was a fine runner --- but at NU, so far, he has not been. He has seemed like a fish out of water trying to run --- unless he has lots of open turf in front of him. Maybe it is just nerves and lack of experience and he'll settle in. But based upon what we have seen Cody has neither run well nor passed well. He really, so far, pretty much seems out of place at QB. But he is young and might develop and be fine. Perhaps a redhirt year next year? A position switch? Who knows... but again, based on what we have seen so far, Cody is a long term project. Or, at the very least, needs to develop a great deal (perhaps he'll have a great deal of improvement quickly).

Word is Carnes will visit NU on Jan. 23. Godfrey will visit Virginia on Jan. 22 and then NU on Jan. 29.

Can anyone confirm Godfrey's visits? We need to get him here if we have a shot at him. It would make sense to not be here on the same weekend as Carnes, so this weekend or 1/29 would have to be it if he visits before the signing day.

Word is Carnes will visit NU on Jan. 23. Godfrey will visit Virginia on Jan. 22 and then NU on Jan. 29.

Can anyone confirm Godfrey's visits? We need to get him here if we have a shot at him. It would make sense to not be here on the same weekend as Carnes, so this weekend or 1/29 would have to be it if he visits before the signing day.

I'm not sure about the Nebraska visit, but I can confirm that he's visiting New Mexico today according to Scout.

To counter --- you may be right that in HS Green was a fine runner --- but at NU, so far, he has not been. He has seemed like a fish out of water trying to run --- unless he has lots of open turf in front of him. Maybe it is just nerves and lack of experience and he'll settle in. But based upon what we have seen Cody has neither run well nor passed well. He really, so far, pretty much seems out of place at QB. But he is young and might develop and be fine. Perhaps a redhirt year next year? A position switch? Who knows... but again, based on what we have seen so far, Cody is a long term project. Or, at the very least, needs to develop a great deal (perhaps he'll have a great deal of improvement quickly).

Yeah, no doubt Cody had a rough year, but I'm definitely not ready to give up on him at QB just yet. I still think he'll be our QB for 2011 and 2012, if not even for 2010. It's so rare for true freshmen QBs to perform really well. Look at Matt Barkley at USC. Everyone agrees that this kid is going to be a real stud, but he had a really rough year as a true freshman. And he even had the benefit of getting pretty much 100% of the reps. How much harder was it for Cody to come in for just one series in most games? Hard to get your rhythm that way, especially when you're still trying to learn the offense. As for the running thing, I think he'll grow more comfortable as he gets a better grasp of the offense and the speed of the college game. At that point I think he'll become a much more confident and effective runner. But I do agree with you that he didn't look much like Robert Griffin out there this year.

Yeah, no doubt Cody had a rough year, but I'm definitely not ready to give up on him at QB just yet. I still think he'll be our QB for 2011 and 2012, if not even for 2010. It's so rare for true freshmen QBs to perform really well. Look at Matt Barkley at USC. Everyone agrees that this kid is going to be a real stud, but he had a really rough year as a true freshman. And he even had the benefit of getting pretty much 100% of the reps. How much harder was it for Cody to come in for just one series in most games? Hard to get your rhythm that way, especially when you're still trying to learn the offense. As for the running thing, I think he'll grow more comfortable as he gets a better grasp of the offense and the speed of the college game. At that point I think he'll become a much more confident and effective runner. But I do agree with you that he didn't look much like Robert Griffin out there this year.

Very good points Bruin. I failed to consider what you really pointed out that was critical --- Green almost always seemed to come in for a short series and that is a rough way to establish something. Context is everything. Maybe with more of a chance to play he'll show more. I sure hope so.

On rivals it says that it seems like it is either Carnes or nobody for qb this year on the big news coming story on the front page of HI. It says that Godfrey hasnt been given much attention from nebraska and that Carnes might leave committed to nebraska even though he still has another visit.

Wow. Two big shoot downs here.

@ Robsker - I cannot agree that Zac Lee is a better runner than Cody Green. Cody has got speed, that's an asset. While i will agree that his running vision and agility is sub-par, that will come in time with conditioning and training. As for him hitting defenders high when running the ball, The kid is 6' 4", even if he does crouch down, he is still going to hit some of the 5' 10" to 6' 1" defenders up high.

@ HuskerBruin - There is no way im going to agree that Zac Lee is the worst QB we have had in a long time. At least let him finish his career at Nebraska before you toss out suggestions like that.

@ HuskerBruin - There is no way im going to agree that Zac Lee is the worst QB we have had in a long time. At least let him finish his career at Nebraska before you toss out suggestions like that.

I'm pretty sure I didn't say Lee is the worst QB we've had in a long time. At least that's definitely not what I was trying to communicate. I said that he is one of the worst runners at QB that we've had in a while. And I do truly believe that, though I acknowledged that he looked much better in the Holiday Bowl. Hopefully that's the Lee we see next year.

I am torn to. I think they both look good and as long as we get one of them I will be happy. :dunno

I would agree with this but Carnes has a slight edge over Godfrey but not much. Both these QBs are basically the same person almost as if they're twins. Both QB's are both a threat when it comes to the run and throwing the ball. It doesn't matter who we get because I think a lot of Husker fans will be satisfied with either or.

I'm pretty sure I didn't say Lee is the worst QB we've had in a long time. At least that's definitely not what I was trying to communicate. I said that he is one of the worst runners at QB that we've had in a while. And I do truly believe that, though I acknowledged that he looked much better in the Holiday Bowl. Hopefully that's the Lee we see next year.

Forgetting Zac Taylor and Sam Keller are we? And Lee is probably a better runner than Dailey, but it's debatable.