Brion Carnes vs. Darian Godfrey

Brion Carnes vs. Darian Godfrey  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I understand why a lot of folks on here are saying that it seems that Carnes has more upside and better tools, but we have seen many players like that come in and do jack squat. Carnes' film shouts "I am getting by on pure athleticism and speed alone and I have no mental toughness".

Godfrey's film on the other hand SCREAMS "I am a winner and will give every last ounce of what I have to my coaches and team, I will never quit and I don't care who you are, I AM GOING TO BEAT YOU!"

Obviously that is JMO. Make no mistake about it, Bo has the final say, so if Bo has Carnes ahead of Godfrey then he doesn't see things the way I do, and I will defer to Bo.

This is why I am leaning towards Godfrey also. He seems to have more of what we saw in Rex, a guy who can will his team to victory.

Well put. You expressed what I was trying to in much fewer words.

people are sold on Carnes cause his uncle is a Husker great. All stats pint to godfrey, however the intangibles might be on Brion's side.

:yeah

That's not the reason why I voted for Carnes.

One of my main reasons is that he is from FLORIDA, and yes I believe politicking in recruiting goes a long way.

people are sold on Carnes cause his uncle is a Husker great. All stats pint to godfrey, however the intangibles might be on Brion's side.

One of my main reasons is that he is from FLORIDA, and yes I believe politicking in recruiting goes a long way.

So Florida recruits are better than Texas recruits?

Godfrey camped at Baylor and OU at least. He's just not being looked at by many programs, even when other D1 schools are taking players from the team. This is a school that produced several high level players, and has recruiters\scout at most of their games watching. He's got some funky mechanics, too much arm action, reminds me a lot of Cody Green, can throw the ball hard and far, but his motion just isn't very natural and will lead to picks.

Carnes needs to use his feet and hips better, both need some work in the passing game. Carnes has quicker feet than Godfrey, and looks to be a little more accurate on short throws which is what Watson's offense needs. I think Carnes is the clear number one for the coaching staff.

this is exactly what i see.

i personally think that the choice is obviously carnes, having played some qb in the past i feel like i understand quite a lot about what it takes to play qb and carnes is well ahead of godfrey as far as i can tell...

So Florida recruits are better than Texas recruits?

Not going that far, but I think we need to take one quality recruit out of FL every year.