FWIW: Rex Burkhead

typ3kal

From LJS:

After the trash talk reached a fever pitch in the weight room this week, Husker coaches Bo Pelini and John Cook set up a throwdown at the Coliseum today.

The details come from the volleyball offices, mind you, but the report was that the volleyball team of Sydney Anderson, Tara Mueller, Kayla Banworth, Megan Pendergast and Gina Mancuso "crushed them."

The volleyball team played with five players, wasn't allowed to block and played with only one front-row attacker.

Who was the best of the football players on the volleyball court? John Cook says it was Rex Burkhead. Niles Paul and Prince Amakumara also played. Not certain of the others.

Hopefully, some video will turn up.

doesnt surprise me that burkhead would have been the best out there...he seems to be that type of guy that just 'gets' sports, makes things happen athletically no matter what it is.

just makes me feel good about the program and the athletic dept. as a whole again...Ive been fortunate enough to be present several times that Bo and Doc have been together, and let me tell you, those two could be brothers. You think Bo has a temper and gets after refs, youre missing out if youve never seen Doc in action. Then there is the Rigoni/Manning showdown...Seeing coaches and players from the different sports get along and have fun is what college sports should be all about. Sadly all we have to do is look a couple hours south to see recent evidence that this isnt always the case.

Did he where a volleyball uniform like McKeon and those guys did a few years back? :sarcasm

Rumor had it that the teams were going to put a wager on the match but backed out last minute..

If the volleyball team won, the Football team would have to do a day of winter conditioning in volleyball uniforms.

If the Football team won, the volleyball team would do practice/drills in full pads.

I have a feeling it was Bo who backed out of the wager last minute.. Probably wouldn't be the best thing when bringing recruits in this weekend to see players doing sprints and lifts in compromising clothing. Carnes and Co. would be thinking WTF, 'I thought South Flordia was bad'. :sarcasm