Biggest Defensive Shoes to Fill

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

LB scares me but so does safety... i love Suh, but his loss doesnt kill because we have depth there.. O'hanlon was always in the lucky spot and getting those weird INT's

But the D Line is going to have to step up next year if our secondary play falls flat. Phil Dill back there kept the running game in check for the most part.

LB scares me but so does safety... i love Suh, but his loss doesnt kill because we have depth there.. O'hanlon was always in the lucky spot and getting those weird INT's

But the D Line is going to have to step up next year if our secondary play falls flat. Phil Dill back there kept the running game in check for the most part.

I think our D-line will be just as good. Turner was good, but i think Ankrah and Meridith will be better. Crick will get D-teamed all the time, so a lot of it rests on Baker. Pierre will be, in my mind, one of the D standouts next year.

Prince should help the D-backs out, and Ricky being back helps.

Overrall our defense will start off a little slow i predict, but be back at the top of their game by Texas.

losing Phil kills, but I still have high hopes for Will.

I'm going to say O'Hanlon and Asante because both are safeties so come next year we're going to have to break in 2 new safeties. Ya we've had PJ Smith and Cassidy play some this year but Phillip Dillard played with two other starting LB's that'll be here next year and will probably start. PJ Smith, Austin Cassidy, Rickey Thenarse, and Eric Hagg will be all fighting for those 2 starting spots and right now Hagg has a huge lead. Only Eric Hagg has played more than any other of those players and he'll be the one to step in and fill in one of those voids.

Eric Martin will probably take over Dillards spot and he'll shine because of his explosive speed and his will to take anybody on and win that battle. Martin isn't afraid of nobody and nothing against Dillard but it'll show in the games and people will be like "Dillard who?"

I vote Dillard. He read the play and made a decision where to go so quickly. You have to wonder though, an O-lineman, on a lot of plays, is supposed to get to the middle linebacker, with all of the extra attention for the D-line, Suh in particular, did Dill go unblocked or at least get blocked too late and make more plays in the process. The D works as a system and I won't believe the stuff about them being "possibly" better without Suh until I see it. O'Hanlon will be greatly missed too. It must motivate the scholarship guys to not want to get outplayed by a walk-on.