Big 12 north recruiting: Nebraska

Nebraska

Commits: 18 | ESPNU 150: 1

This Nebraska class is heavy on the interior fronts, which is an indication the program is back on the rise. Of the 18 verbal commitments, eight of them are on the offensive and defensive line from the high school level, led by DT Chase Rome (Columbia, Mo./Rock Bridge) and DT Jay Guy (Houston/Eisenhower). RB Braylon Heard (Youngstown, Ohio/Cardinal Mooney) could play either safety or running back at the next level. If there is a concern with this class it's that there are still no difference-makers at the offensive skill positions. Plus, three of the top four rated players in this class at some point switched their commitment to the Huskers.

Top prospect: OG Andrew Rodriguez (Aurora, Neb./Aurora) is a massive offensive guard prospect who fits the mold Nebraska has carved out for its offensive linemen for decades. He is fundamentally sound in the trenches and one of the more powerful run-blockers in the 2010 class.

Don't be surprised if: Nebraska somehow hauls in a WR like playmaker Willis Wright (Miami/Miami Springs) from Florida.

Tom Luginbill is the National Recruiting Director for ESPN's Scouts Inc. Billy Tucker is a recruiting coordinator for Scouts Inc. and has close to a decade of coaching experience at the college and high school levels.

I didn't know we were still going after Willis Wright... Just another case of a recruiting analyst not knowing his stuff?

We arent getting Wright. I believe him to be a heavy WVU lean and he has work to do in the class room as well.

I think that Braylon Heard would fall into that "difference maker" category on the offensive side of the ball.

Rivals is CLEARLY superior to scout and ESPN Scouts Inc.

Is there any doubt that Braylon Heard will play RB instead of S? What is he listed at right now? RB or S? Or are we waiting to see if we get Corey Cooper to fill the S slot?

I have not read any snippet indicating that Braylon won't be a RB at NU.

Braylon was on USC a month ago or right after he committed and he said he wanted to be a RB with NU.

I think we are more than happy to have him run the rock!!!

Is there any doubt that Braylon Heard will play RB instead of S? What is he listed at right now? RB or S? Or are we waiting to see if we get Corey Cooper to fill the S slot?

I have not read any snippet indicating that Braylon won't be a RB at NU.

Braylon was on USC a month ago or right after he committed and he said he wanted to be a RB with NU.

I think we are more than happy to have him run the rock!!!

:yeah

I was going to post the same thing.

i remember seeing this on my phone and was going to come home and post it... well, i havent been on since.. but this guy is obviously out of it.. saying that chase rome is the big one of the class... and no mention of a potential owa and cooper signing. dumb.

Wasn't Lemming also critical, something about lacking sizzle at the Offensive Skill Positions? I just don't see it, especially if the staff lands Brion Carnes.

i remember seeing this on my phone and was going to come home and post it... well, i havent been on since.. but this guy is obviously out of it.. saying that chase rome is the big one of the class... and no mention of a potential owa and cooper signing. dumb.

Wasn't Lemming also critical, something about lacking sizzle at the Offensive Skill Positions? I just don't see it, especially if the staff lands Brion Carnes.

:yeah

Yup.. And with Heard I just don't get it either.. unless he's assuming he'll be on the defensive side of the ball? Who knows...