Renshaw

Someone at another board said they've watched this kid over the past 2 years in HS and that he reminded him of former Husker, Todd Peterson. Says he has good hands and is consistent.

Not sure he fits well with the current WR's :facepalm:

:lol:

C'mon WV, think positive thoughts for 2010. Our receivers are gonna light 'em up next season. :woo

ok i go millard north and have known ben for a long time and went to every football game. He does have okay hands but he cannot run routes and is known for taking many plays off. especially ones where he is not running a route and blocking. he would not be a good fit at nebraska at all

Walk-ons are zero risk high reward. Why not give him a shot at NU if he chooses to walk on?

ok i go millard north and have known ben for a long time and went to every football game. He does have okay hands but he cannot run routes and is known for taking many plays off. especially ones where he is not running a route and blocking. he would not be a good fit at nebraska at all

Walk-ons are zero risk high reward. Why not give him a shot at NU if he chooses to walk on?

I have no problem with him walking on at nebraska im just saying i do not think he has what it takes. if he does try and makes it then thats great for him

good coaching can overcome a lot of things. if he can be prodded into giving the effort, the technique will come. see phil dillard for the effect good coaching can have on a kid's motivation to improve.

good coaching can overcome a lot of things. if he can be prodded into giving the effort, the technique will come. see phil dillard for the effect good coaching can have on a kid's motivation to improve.

I just have a hard time seeing that after 8 years of playing football and basketball with him that he suddenly developes a good work ethic. He has the same attitude that niles paul does. He doesnt think that he needs to get better he already believes hes good enough

I just have a hard time seeing that after 8 years of playing football and basketball with him that he suddenly developes a good work ethic. He has the same attitude that niles paul does. He doesnt think that he needs to get better he already believes hes good enough

Niles Paul HAD that attitude up until this year. He admitted as such in stories this season, but all reports from Coaches, other players, and himself indicate that Niles has taken the role of leadership in the WR group and has learned what type of work ethic is required to be a good player on the field. IMO it showed up, he made big plays all year long. Yes he was a bit inconsistent, but he really became a force on ST's and as a WR threat, pretty good blocker too. I think he continues to work hard and cleans up those inconsistent spots. That is why you can't underestimate the ability of the NU Staff.

Niles Paul HAD that attitude up until this year. He admitted as such in stories this season, but all reports from Coaches, other players, and himself indicate that Niles has taken the role of leadership in the WR group and has learned what type of work ethic is required to be a good player on the field. IMO it showed up, he made big plays all year long. Yes he was a bit inconsistent, but he really became a force on ST's and as a WR threat, pretty good blocker too. I think he continues to work hard and cleans up those inconsistent spots. That is why you can't underestimate the ability of the NU Staff.

yup. niles turned into our best scoring threat and a pretty damn good blocker. good coaching can often cure poor attitude and effort. i would prefer we recruit kids that come in with a good attitude, but i wouldn't turn away a talented walk-on solely for questionable effort.

a lot of high school coaches will put up with that because they don't want to bench or boot their best players. at NU, an attitude like that will lead to a change of heart or a swift exit. if the kid is willing to give it a go, i don't see a problem with it.