WR Ezell Ruffin

well... he plays a lot of running back and a lot of safety in his video. he's listed as a WR but he is split out wide in only a few plays. this tells me Cooper isn't coming or Heard didn't qualify. IMHO i hope were keeping Heard. i think Coopers a bit overrated and Heard is a bit underrated

It is way too early to tell on Heard. He still has a semester to get his classes done and possibly a summer course or two that he could do to get qualified. If Heard was such a risk to qualify then I don't think Bo would have went after him, not saying that Braylon will qualify for sure but I think he has a pretty good shot to be in Lincoln this Fall.

well... he plays a lot of running back and a lot of safety in his video. he's listed as a WR but he is split out wide in only a few plays. this tells me Cooper isn't coming or Heard didn't qualify. IMHO i hope were keeping Heard. i think Coopers a bit overrated and Heard is a bit underrated

It is way too early to tell on Heard. He still has a semester to get his classes done and possibly a summer course or two that he could do to get qualified. If Heard was such a risk to qualify then I don't think Bo would have went after him, not saying that Braylon will qualify for sure but I think he has a pretty good shot to be in Lincoln this Fall.

yeah that's what i was thinking. the next ACT isn't till February and he only needs an 18 so he should be fine as long as he tries. i think this means Coopers out

:yeah

My thoughts exactly about Heard Cave.

Maybe they did this to put a bit of pressure on Cooper? :dunno Thoughts?

Is there any chance that Bell or Enunwa aren't going to make it?

Or what if our receivers competition is so bad that we desperately need competition there so we're taking an extra.

i don't think our coaches would have realized a week before signing day that we need another receiver. if we wanted another receiver, we would have chased Austin Hill or Willis Wright harder. based on this kid's videos i expect him at RB or Safety, and most likely being Safety

Or what if our receivers competition is so bad that we desperately need competition there so we're taking an extra.

I honestly don't know, but I haven't heard of any issue with either one? This one is certainly out of left field, just in the sense that we hadn't really heard anything on this young man at all before now.

I will personally promise you that Kenny Bell will be a husker.

I just thought to myself that when looking at the depth chart in terms of future needs, we really do need to sign a safety in this class. With that said we must just be trying to make sure that we get one.

If Sanders is his lead recruiter, can we assume that NU is looking at him at DB somewhere or is southern CA Sanders' region? Not sure how much to read into Sanders' involvement.

But from the small amount of film they have on Rivals showing Ruffin at safety, I'm not very impressed. You don't see him doing anything special in coverage and he definitely doesn't look like a natural hitter. He just kind of tries to stop guys that break into the third level. Thoughts?

I will personally promise you that Kenny Bell will be a husker.

I just thought to myself that when looking at the depth chart in terms of future needs, we really do need to sign a safety in this class. With that said we must just be trying to make sure that we get one.

:yeah

i don't think our coaches would have realized a week before signing day that we need another receiver. if we wanted another receiver, we would have chased Austin Hill or Willis Wright harder. based on this kid's videos i expect him at RB or Safety, and most likely being Safety

The fact that Marvin offered makes me think he is being looked as a Safety as well. I don't think Marvin has any responsibility in CA for recruiting?

If Sanders is his lead recruiter, can we assume that NU is looking at him at DB somewhere or is southern CA Sanders' region? Not sure how much to read into Sanders' involvement.

But from the small amount of film they have on Rivals showing Ruffin at safety, I'm not very impressed. You don't see him doing anything special in coverage and he definitely doesn't look like a natural hitter. He just kind of tries to stop guys that break into the third level. Thoughts?

i was rather impressed with his video actually. i don't see Cooper doing anything better than Ruffin did in their videos

i was rather impressed with his video actually. i don't see Cooper doing anything better than Ruffin did in their videos

Well I'm certainly not going to act like I'm a professional talent evaluator, so I definitely (hopefully) could be wrong here. But what specifically do you see in Ruffin's film as a safety impresses you?

Well I'm certainly not going to act like I'm a professional talent evaluator, so I definitely (hopefully) could be wrong here. But what specifically do you see in Ruffin's film as a safety impresses you?

not much. in fact i thought he looked pretty good at RB. but my point was watch Cooper's video. extremely umimpressive for a 4-star. basically i'm saying we shouldn't judge Ruffin's safety skills by his limited amount of video because we are all in love with Cooper, whose video is equally unimpressive

not much. in fact i thought he looked pretty good at RB. but my point was watch Cooper's video. extremely umimpressive for a 4-star. basically i'm saying we shouldn't judge Ruffin's safety skills by his limited amount of video because we are all in love with Cooper, whose video is equally unimpressive

Oh I'm not saying this kid sucks because the three or four clips of him playing safety is unimpressive. Not at all. I was just saying that it makes the most sense that he would be offered as a safety, but that his film makes him much more attractive at RB or even WR. But like you rightly noted, Cooper's film would suggest that he's a better WR as well. But the bottom line for me is that I trust this staff. So if they want him, then I do too.