WR Ezell Ruffin

For the record, I like this kid a lot more after seeing his youtube film. He looks like a good athlete who could play safety, WR, RB or returner. This might be another sleeper find for this staff.

This is great news. We have been in a holding pattern waiting for the big 3 to play out, excluding the Marsh Grayshirt.

Some of his film is against Long Beach Poly, one of the top teams in So Cal. Poly has silver and green uni's.

I am really pumped. Looks like he play WR or DB, great ATH. Rumblings of a 4.4 40.

He is just offered or is he N?

For the record, I like this kid a lot more after seeing his youtube film. He looks like a good athlete who could play safety, WR, RB or returner. This might be another sleeper find for this staff.

This is great news. We have been in a holding pattern waiting for the big 3 to play out, excluding the Marsh Grayshirt.

Some of his film is against Long Beach Poly, one of the top teams in So Cal. Poly has silver and green uni's.

I am really pumped. Looks like he play WR or DB, great ATH. Rumblings of a 4.4 40.

He is just offered or is he N?

Recieved a verbal offer from Marvin Sanders from the sound of it.

Either Pelini has an uncanny and ingenious knack for finding diamonds in the rough or something is wrong here - is our last option really a 2 star WR with interest from Utah State and SDSU? I guess this means we're losing Owa/Cooper or both. WTF is going on?

I think that it is more along the lines of there will be attrition from scholarship players already on campus. Means nothing about Owa, MAYBE something about Cooper but that is a stretch.

Well I figured since we only have a few more spots left, if this guy commits then we won't have room for Owa/Cooper. You find a way to make room, but the undertones here to me are that we're not getting our first choices for those spots. Hope I'm wrong. I really want Owa and Cooper both.

The word on RSS as previously stated on this thread is that 3-5 scholarship players on team now could be leaving.

Either Pelini has an uncanny and ingenious knack for finding diamonds in the rough or something is wrong here - is our last option really a 2 star WR with interest from Utah State and SDSU? I guess this means we're losing Owa/Cooper or both. WTF is going on?

I think the staff can pull a greyshirt out if needed. They will make sure the big 3 are here if they commit. They know what they are doing.

I don't think they would put the effort into the big 3 and then not have a plan in place if they actually commit on the 3rd.

The verbal to Ruffin may be conditional based on who commits on the 3rd. (Just a guess.)

No need to panic at this stage of the game.

Well I figured since we only have a few more spots left, if this guy commits then we won't have room for Owa/Cooper. You find a way to make room, but the undertones here to me are that we're not getting our first choices for those spots. Hope I'm wrong. I really want Owa and Cooper both.

The word on RSS as previously stated on this thread is that 3-5 scholarship players on team now could be leaving.

Could be leaving is a big "if." I'm sure they know what they're doing, but an offer this late in the game seems out of nowhere.

If Sanders is his lead recruiter, can we assume that NU is looking at him at DB somewhere or is southern CA Sanders' region? Not sure how much to read into Sanders' involvement.

But from the small amount of film they have on Rivals showing Ruffin at safety, I'm not very impressed. You don't see him doing anything special in coverage and he definitely doesn't look like a natural hitter. He just kind of tries to stop guys that break into the third level. Thoughts?

Yeah I like him as a WR or RB better... he seems to have some breakaway speed.