WR Ezell Ruffin

Just heard Crabtree's report on 1620 regarding this kid. He says the program Ruffin is coming out of is crap. He seemed shocked that NU would look at this kid concerning the program he is coming out of. He feels the kid has a lot of potential talent but Ruffin has the rating that he does for a reason. He said that he would be surprised if NU went after this kid.

He seems to have pretty good vision while running with the ball and cuts well. Maybe this makes up for not getting "whatchu talkin bout" Willis Wright from FL. If he really runs 4.4, stands 6'1'' and runs with the ball the way it looks on film, he could contribute. We need to roll the dice on wr recruits more than most places. Let's hope Ezell doesn't come up snakeyes. Might be good out of our wildcat package!

Just heard Crabtree's report on 1620 regarding this kid. He says the program Ruffin is coming out of is crap. He seemed shocked that NU would look at this kid concerning the program he is coming out of. He feels the kid has a lot of potential talent but Ruffin has the rating that he does for a reason. He said that he would be surprised if NU went after this kid.

The 'eff' is Crabby smoking .. ?

The program Ezell comes out of is playing programs like Poly, Mission Viejo, Edison, Los Alamitos, etc.,

Ezell is playing as legit of competition as you could possibly ask for. That is unless Crabby is saying his HS program is garbage, which makes no sense. It would seem to me then with what would be a lack of coaching for Ezell, his physical attributes coupled with his raw abilities and talent that he has flashed versus top competition would make him highly thought of.

That just makes literally no sense to say that, if he did (I haven't heard the interview).

The 'eff' is Crabby smoking .. ?

The program Ezell comes out of is playing programs like Poly, Mission Viejo, Edison, Los Alamitos, etc.,

Ezell is playing as legit of competition as you could possibly ask for. That is unless Crabby is saying his HS program is garbage, which makes no sense. It would seem to me then with what would be a lack of coaching for Ezell, his physical attributes coupled with his raw abilities and talent that he has flashed versus top competition would make him highly thought of.

That just makes literally no sense to say that, if he did (I haven't heard the interview).

Yeah... a listener called in and asked what Crabtree thought about all the rumors that NU had given a verbal offer to Ezell... Crabtree said he had heard those rumors but would basically be surprised if they were true. He said that the program Ezell is coming out of is not a premier program by any means. He said they playd Poly, which is a really good program, but that Ezell's school is not. He basically called the school an inner city school with crap football, in a round about way. He said if this is who Nebraska is looking at as a backup then it means we are desperate... unless Pelini thinks he can develop the raw potential in this kid.

...because good players only come from good programs. :LOLtartar

i would prefer kids with winning backgrounds at top schools, but that is just a ridiculous reason to downgrade a kid. if anything, it makes you wonder what he could do with better coaching.

btw, word is that he had academic issues that have improved, possibly accounting for his lack of offers.

Hometown: Long Beach (NE) Woodrow Wilson

Another 2* Nebraska kid got an offer? :facepalm: This staff doesn't have a clue :sarcasm

:laughpound And what's worse is I even used to live in the LBC! Fixed it.

This is North LBC. Not a ghetto at all. It is a few miles from one but real close to Lakewood, Downey and Bellflower.

I know. I didn't live in the ghetto either. I just refer to it as the LBC to sound tough.

Hometown: Long Beach (NE) Woodrow Wilson

Another 2* Nebraska kid got an offer? :facepalm: This staff doesn't have a clue :sarcasm

:laughpound And what's worse is I even used to live in the LBC! Fixed it.

This is North LBC. Not a ghetto at all. It is a few miles from one but real close to Lakewood, Downey and Bellflower.

Crabtree referred to it as the inner city.

I know. I didn't live in the ghetto either. I just refer to it as the LBC to sound tough.