The Way Too Early 2010 Prediction Thread

Enhance

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12-2. I think we'll beat Washington & Texas and be a top 15 team all season. But, I think we'll stumble a couple times to teams like K-State or Texas A&M on our way to winning the Big 12 title over Oklahoma. After winning the conference, we'll take our BCS foe by storm & win the Fiesta Bowl.

I think our defense will be 5x better, just like Bo said and our offense will come out swinging like they have something to prove, because let's face it, they do. I predict 14-0, national champs. After the BCS game, we take on the defending Superbowl champs and beat them too. :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

The offense show incredible improvement with a healthy Lee, and we see an offensive scheme similar to 08, Helu is back to his old self, Burkhead remains that solid go to 2, Brandon Kinnie emerges as the big wr threat while Niles continues to flirt with inconsistency, O-line drastically improved. Defensively? Well i'll just say any and all naysayers from 09 or proved wrong and that defense is for real at Nebraska. Defense puts up an incredible 5.5 points allowed per game mark. I saw we walk thru the Big 12, texas our only challenge, but a 24-3 win, but lose a very close and tough low scoring BCS championship game to Bama, 7-3. 13-1, Big 12 Champs, National runner-up, setting the stage for an incredible "unfinished business" season in 2011. Sound familiar?

The offense show incredible improvement with a healthy Lee, and we see an offensive scheme similar to 08, Helu is back to his old self, Burkhead remains that solid go to 2, Brandon Kinnie emerges as the big wr threat while Niles continues to flirt with inconsistency, O-line drastically improved. Defensively? Well i'll just say any and all naysayers from 09 or proved wrong and that defense is for real at Nebraska. Defense puts up an incredible 5.5 points allowed per game mark. I saw we walk thru the Big 12, texas our only challenge, but a 24-3 win, but lose a very close and tough low scoring BCS championship game to Bama, 7-3. 13-1, Big 12 Champs, National runner-up, setting the stage for an incredible "unfinished business" season in 2011. Sound familiar?

Nope. Can't say I ever remember playing Alabama for the Nat Championship

If we lost no less than 2 games next year, I'd think it would be a tremendous success. I can definitely see us in the Big XII title game, and probably winning that as well, with a hopefull BCS bowl game.

But there are too many damn variables, this early on. We could have a couple key injuries, that could absolutely derail our chances. Ball bounces the wrong way, we get boned on a bad call, the list could go on.

But, I definitely like our chances of playing in a BCS bowl game. It seems to be the logical progression. Do I see us in the NC game, not yet. Are we close, absolutely.

Sorry, just wanted to give a no BS assesment.

If we lost no less than 2 games next year, I'd think it would be a tremendous success. I can definitely see us in the Big XII title game, and probably winning that as well, with a hopefull BCS bowl game.

But there are too many damn variables, this early on. We could have a couple key injuries, that could absolutely derail our chances. Ball bounces the wrong way, we get boned on a bad call, the list could go on.

But, I definitely like our chances of playing in a BCS bowl game. It seems to be the logical progression. Do I see us in the NC game, not yet. Are we close, absolutely.

With our schedule and BO keeping pretty tight reins on the ship, i think the only team that can beat us next year, is ourselves. no bs

With our schedule and BO keeping pretty tight reins on the ship, i think the only team that can beat us next year, is ourselves. no bs

Well, yea, that's a big part of it, but there are a couple games that are red flags for me.

1) Ok St - We'll be coming off of a potentially huge victory over UT. It's on the road, and I know they'll be losing some key folks, it still just has trouble written all over it.

2) A&M - By the time we play them, they could be 7-3, more likely 6-4. We'll be coming off a hopeful pounding of KU and we may get caught looking ahead to CU.

Was referring to the unfinished business part after losing a close NC game. As far as Alabama, goes, 1971.

Was referring to the unfinished business part after losing a close NC game. As far as Alabama, goes, 1971.

Ah, that's why i don't remember. i was -15 years old then.

• Fire 1

Well, yea, that's a big part of it, but there are a couple games that are red flags for me.

1) Ok St - We'll be coming off of a potentially huge victory over UT. It's on the road, and I know they'll be losing some key folks, it still just has trouble written all over it.

2) A&M - By the time we play them, they could be 7-3, more likely 6-4. We'll be coming off a hopeful pounding of KU and we may get caught looking ahead to CU.

walksalone I couldn't have said it better myself. My thoughts EXACTLY. More worried about Ok St but also worried a little about A&M.

I trust Bo not to let his players look ahead to far though.

I think we'll finnish the regular season undefeated, win the Big-12 Championship game, Be kept out of the MNC game because everybody will say we played nobody, and there were a couple of other undefeated teams in the SEC and B-11, then we'll get beat by BSU in the Fiesta Bowl.

Then..I'll start considering a playoff. :facepalm:

My take is this: we don't know if we have legit playmakers on offense or a QB who will be able to game the O into something special. The D made strides this year, but benefited from a freak performance by a guy who's about to go down as one of the most legendary college football players in decades. We're going to lose him.

So next year will be a struggle. Those of you expecting a stellar season or continued upward trending will likely be disappointed. But by 'struggle', I mean we will struggle to win 10+ games. We'll need some breaks and we'll need to really play well in some games. But I think 8 wins at least, and likely 9 or more.

Bo is going to be a 3rd year head coach, and he is still establishing and building this program and making it his own. Every year, there are strides, and there is fallback. In the tumultuous first few years as HC, we can expect some swings and some plateaus...I have faith in Bo and this staff, but I'm not sure I see it happening next year like some. It wouldn't be impossible, but surprising. And the year after that, we'll be breaking in a new QB...and we haven't seen a worthy successor yet. Will we ever find one? Hopefully soon...but I think a realistic view is that we'll likely be a 8-10 win team consistently under Bo's reign.

For 2010, I think it's actually going to be our best shot in the near future, while we still have studs like Prince to hang onto. If Lee can really turn it on and we find another WR threat or two, watch out. So I predicted 9-5 originally, but I'm going to change that to 11-3...I'll be optimistic :)

• Fire 1