2010 Potential Running Back Dominance

I'm super excited about our RB's this next year. We are stacked at that position with talent.

Last year...

Roy Helu (injured most of the year, played a majority of snaps)

Burkhead (didn't play much until Helu started getting hurt, then exploded in Co game)

Robinson (had a RS until 3/4 thru the season when Helu and Burkhead went down)

Heard (was a senior in HS developing into the #5 back in the country)

This year... we are much deeper

Sr Roy Helu*** (Look for him to explode, then get injured :blink: )

So Rex Burkhead**** (I expect to see Burkhead gain 10-15lbs, beat out Helu for the starting spot, and explode with the better OL blocking)

So Trey Robinson*** (This guy is going to have much better footwork, put on some muscle, and be a HUGE powerback for us this fall, he will be automatic on 4th and 1)

Fr Braylon Heard**** (I think he will play as a freshman and will have similar stats to Burkhead's last year)

Throw in Aaron Green next year as a replacement for Helu and watch out Big 12, Even Texas and OU ain't got nothin on our run game!!!

• Fire 1

I'm super excited about our RB's this next year. We are stacked at that position with talent.

Last year...

Burkhead (didn't play much until Helu started getting hurt, then exploded in Co game)

So Rex Burkhead**** (I expect to see Burkhead gain 10-15lbs, beat out Helu for the starting spot, and explode with the better OL blocking)

So Trey Robinson*** (This guy is going to have much better footwork, put on some muscle, and be a HUGE powerback for us this fall, he will be automatic on 4th and 1)

Fr Braylon Heard**** (I think he will play as a freshman and will have similar stats to Burkhead's last year)

Throw in Aaron Green next year as a replacement for Helu and watch out Big 12, Even Texas and OU ain't got nothin on our run game!!!

I think we are going to go after two backs in the coming class. We should have the scholarship room and will probably try for a burner/slasher like Green and a balanced or Power guy of some sort. I think it will make it real interesting and we may even be able to redshirt one of them to help build for the future. Next years class as a whole is shaping up to be huge.

Last year...

I think we are going to go after two backs in the coming class. We should have the scholarship room and will probably try for a burner/slasher like Green and a balanced or Power guy of some sort. I think it will make it real interesting and we may even be able to redshirt one of them to help build for the future. Next years class as a whole is shaping up to be huge.

I agree. I hear rumblings of NU getting close to offering another RB from Texas besides Green. He goes to the same high school that Trey Robinson went to.

Last year...

I agree. I hear rumblings of NU getting close to offering another RB from Texas besides Green. He goes to the same high school that Trey Robinson went to.

Probably this guy!!!

Thanks to Nexus

burkhead will not overtake helu unless helu has a major injury imo...

Agreed. If Helu stays healthy, split time is the best Rex will do...unless the wildcat is used regularly. I really don't see Heard coming in & getting the same reps Rex got last year...unless Helu goes down again. Trey is a solid short-distance back, but I think Rex was just as effective, if not more so, in those situations last season. If Heard lives up to his billing, then I think Trey will get the short stick as RB4 in 2010.

Regardless of who gets PT though, I totally agree this is a solid group of RBs. Should be tons of fun to watch in the coming seasons.

Last year...

Probably this guy!!!

Thanks to Nexus

Ahh...Thank you sir!