Rivals Team Rankings

I am not surprised by Nebraska being ranked #31 on Rivals. I do bolieve we will finish a little higher come Wendnesday. I think Bo is on the right track and even though he doesn't care about stars, he will finish with a top 10 class in 2011. Another dominating defensive performance this year and he will have top defensive recruits waiting in line to be taught by the Dean of Defense.

I was surprised to see Auburn ranked as high as #3 and Boise State ranked as low as #81. After all the success Petersen has had over the years (Bryant coach of the year 2006 & 2009, overall record of 49-4, beat Oklahoma, beat Oregon twice and currently ranked 4th in the nation) and he still can not pull in top recruits. Boise State has only had one four star recruit since 2005.

And Chizik must be promising those kids immediate playing time and a back massage by the cheerleaders after each practice. Just my thoughts...Go Big Red....lets finish the game

:bonez

I am not surprised by Nebraska being ranked #31 on Rivals. I do bolieve we will finish a little higher come Wendnesday. I think Bo is on the right track and even though he doesn't care about stars, he will finish with a top 10 class in 2011. Another dominating defensive performance this year and he will have top defensive recruits waiting in line to be taught by the Dean of Defense.

I was surprised to see Auburn ranked as high as #3 and Boise State ranked as low as #81. After all the success Petersen has had over the years (Bryant coach of the year 2006 & 2009, overall record of 49-4, beat Oklahoma, beat Oregon twice and currently ranked 4th in the nation) and he still can not pull in top recruits. Boise State has only had one four star recruit since 2005.

And Chizik must be promising those kids immediate playing time and a back massage by the cheerleaders after each practice. Just my thoughts...Go Big Red....lets finish the game

No offense, but analyzing Nebraska's rank for recruiting this year is pointless. BYU is taking like 26 kids to scholarship and we are taking way less than that, so you can't really compare. All I know is we have shaped a phenomenal class for 2010.

No offense, but analyzing Nebraska's rank for recruiting this year is pointless. BYU is taking like 26 kids to scholarship and we are taking way less than that, so you can't really compare. All I know is we have shaped a phenomenal class for 2010.

They only rank you based on the top 20 in your class - so whether a team has 35 players or 20 it doesn't matter. With owa/cooper we ended up at something like 1568 points (15th), with only owa it's 1434 (18th). Though there will be some movement and a few surprises, I still expect us to end up with a top 20 class, or just outside of that.

And Chizik must be promising those kids immediate playing time and a back massage by the cheerleaders after each practice.

Do you expect anything less from that ISU back-stabber? Shoot, I halfway expect to see Kiffin as their personal chaffeur. Now that's a dynamic duo if I ever saw one.

Agreed. That's why whenever I look up the team rankings, I always sort according to "Average Points" instead of the default "Total Points." This shows a better picture of the quality of the class as opposed its quantity. When sorted this way, Nebraska has the #25 class, according to Rivals.

Agreed. That's why whenever I look up the team rankings, I always sort according to "Average Points" instead of the default "Total Points." This shows a better picture of the quality of the class as opposed its quantity. When sorted this way, Nebraska has the #25 class, according to Rivals.

Just wanted to add that despite their low rankings...Boise State seem to be doing a decent job with the talent they DO pull in.

We have a dam good class even with out the 2 we should get tomorrow. Bell Rodrequez Tobi Ashburn who I really like Rome Vestal Guy Hardrick Moudy if in a bar fight I hope he's on my side Jackson Heard Harper man this is a hellva class maybe the best Bo has recruited so far. :clap:clap:clap:clap

We have got Carnes that should put us at 25th, Cooper would jump us to 21st and then Owa should move us up to the 11 range (assuming others don't get anyone).

They have updated the ranking we are now 25th after Carnes!

Sweet! Should move to 21 or 22 at 10:00 AM with Cooper, Washington is about to make a jump as they got a 4* safety also.