Happy Groundhog's Day!!

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Groundhog's Day! :moreinteresting

I know our buddy Punxsatawney Phil, out there on Gobbler's Knob :facepalm: , has predicted 6 more weeks of winter, but from some (5-10 minutes) research, I have found that he isn't correct very often (around 39%). Either way, I was actually watching the movie Groundhog's Day the other night. I had forgot some of the funny stuff from that movie.

Anyway, hope y'all have a good one! Don't let that rodent's prediction ruin College Football Christmas tomorrow! :thumbs

According to the Atlanta JournalConstitution, he's been correct 50% of the time in the last 16 years. Not sure if that's better or worse than throwing darts at a dart board blindfolded, but I'll bet it's close.

LINK

Regardless of Phil's accuracy (which, at 50%, is still better than most meteorologists isn't it?), I think this a fun, silly "holiday" and Groundhog Day with Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell is one of my favorite movies ever.

That's one thing I hate about Nebraska weather. It was 50 here today. It was actually pretty nice for the majority of December/January but I have a feeling that February/March are gonna be crappy. It's like all the months are messed up!! :ahhhhhhhh

See's his shadow --> 6 Looooong weeks of winter

Doesn't see his shadow --> only 1.5 months of winter

:blink:

:lol: Ummmm, what?

I think it goes:

Shadow = 6 more weeks of winter

No Shadow = 2-3 more weeks of winter

Actually no shadow = "Spring is just around the corner"

Which I choose to define in the same vein as Dan Hawkins will when he describes his recruiting class as "excellent in every way"