Becoming a true husker fan

Welcome manitobahusker! You guys still have that stampede thing? Seems my two older Brothers both made separate Band trips to Winnepeg for something like that.

Still can't believe no-one has jumped you yet for using the term "TRUE Husker Fan".... <_<

Must be the off-season. :LOLtartar

uhmm the only stampede that i know of which is really big is in Calgary, Alberta

welcome to the board manitoba! where are you from? ive got a bunch of family in steinbach.

thats cool! im from Winnipeg!! Just out of curiosity when it comes to recruiting how is the instate talent in nebraska?? do you guys mostly get players from texas and surrounding states? or is it mostly in house? What are the High School power houses in nebraska? if i was looking to follow nebraska high school football closely

Most are from Texas and California. The rest come from around the country. We usually get 1 or 2 instate scholarship guys a year. The walk-on program takes care of the rest of them. As far as powerhouses that produce in-state talent....there are none (correct me if wrong). Maybe someone else on the board could elaborate more on how it was in the old'n days. I think that back then we got alot more in-state guys than we do now.

as far as our players, you also need to Google 'Nebraska Walk-on Program', there's boatloads about it - even a recent movie made by NET, our public television/production enterprise...

Know that GBR means GO BIG RED....when someone yells Husker...you yell Power....If you hear Go Biiiiig Reeee-d chant style...respond with GO BIG RED! We were the bugeaters before the cornhuskers, TO's decision to go for 2 earned more respect than winning the title would have in the 84 orange bowl, and always remember that you are a part of the program ("we play today")

Might I also recommend sending a brief letter to Tom Osborne with what you just wrote to us and let him know that you were told you needed his autograph.

would he actually write back? thats super cool haha

You have a pretty good shot of getting a generic response with an authentic autograph. My sister did it back when he was HC getting ready to retire and we were all shocked.

welcome to the board manitoba! where are you from? ive got a bunch of family in steinbach.

thats cool! im from Winnipeg!! Just out of curiosity when it comes to recruiting how is the instate talent in nebraska?? do you guys mostly get players from texas and surrounding states? or is it mostly in house? What are the High School power houses in nebraska? if i was looking to follow nebraska high school football closely

Most are from Texas and California. The rest come from around the country. We usually get 1 or 2 instate scholarship guys a year. The walk-on program takes care of the rest of them. As far as powerhouses that produce in-state talent....there are none (correct me if wrong). Maybe someone else on the board could elaborate more on how it was in the old'n days. I think that back then we got alot more in-state guys than we do now.

as far as our players, you also need to Google 'Nebraska Walk-on Program', there's boatloads about it - even a recent movie made by NET, our public television/production enterprise...

having a hard time finding this video..tried searching on google but couldnt find it

having a hard time finding this video..tried searching on google but couldnt find it

Here's a blurb i can cut-n-paste... I'm still searching Nebraska 'NET' too.

Premiere Screenings of NET Television Film “Walk Ons: Huskers’ Edge” in Omaha July

LINCOLN, Neb. (July 15, 2009) -- NET Television will kick off the football tailgating season

with a premiere of its upcoming, high-definition documentary “Walk Ons: Huskers’ Edge” on

Thursday, July 30, at Marcus Village Point Cinema, (304 North 174th Street), in Omaha. Four

showings will be held at: 2, 3:30, 5 and 7 p.m.

Former Husker football players and celebrities, as well as Kevin Kugler and Adrian Fiala, hosts

of NET Television’s “Big Red Wrap-Up” series, will be on hand prior to the four screenings to

greet guests and sign autographs. Guests will also have the chance to win a Husker-NET-themed

gift basket in a drawing.

“Walk Ons: Huskers’ Edge” tells the story of the University of Nebraska’s football walk-on

program, following the young men, raised with Nebraska values and dreaming of becoming a

Husker and playing in Memorial Stadium. Former Husker walk-on greats Jeff and Joel

Makovicka, Jeff Jamrog, Jason Peter and Langston Coleman talk about their walk-on

experiences, with sportscasters and analysts, as well as Tom Osborne and current Husker coach

Bo Pelini, discussing the past and present impact of the fabled program.

I kind of skipped thru a lot of the posts on this thread but I've got a cople of thisgs to say.

1. Stop the 'E-a' thing at the end of every sentence you speak.

2. Don't ever talk hockey here.

3. Find a way to stop all the 'Canadian Fridig Fronts' that are sent into the upper mid-west every year.

Please excuse my levity MH and welcome to Husker Board the anchor of Husker Nation.

GBR

T_O_B

:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance

Welcome manitobahusker!

Even after your total immersion therapy, there will be things that are harder to see - let me start off with a few, guys add more if you got 'em...

-on football Saturday's our grocery stores have 'the game' on the radio all across the state

-people in Nebraska wear red on gameday (and I'm talking about all across the state - those not at the game)"why aren't you wearing red?!" is a question you might actually hear

-when I was a kid in small town Nebraska, you could listen to the game driving around town, just by having your car window open - blaring radios were litterally everywhere

-with any news, the Huskers 'are' the headline in the newspaper... all of 'em. and I'm not talking about the sports section

-we don't trust people who live here, who don't like the Huskers. (they're usually hippie freaks anyway)

-if you are/were a boy in Nebraska, you started pretending to be some specific Husker football player as soon as you could walk and hold a football

-we absolutely love our adopted Huskers, who came here from out-of-state and stayed to raise a family... there are a bunch of them

+1 for the bolded because it made me laugh.

-Throw the bones every chance you get

:bonez

I kind of skipped thru a lot of the posts on this thread but I've got a cople of thisgs to say.

1. Stop the 'E-a' thing at the end of every sentence you speak.

2. Don't ever talk hockey here.

3. Find a way to stop all the 'Canadian Fridig Fronts' that are sent into the upper mid-west every year.

Please excuse my levity MH and welcome to Husker Board the anchor of Husker Nation.

GBR

T_O_B

:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance:corndance

haha, sorry but i dont feel bad about the cold weather you guys get for a few weeks....from December to March its always -30 or worse here lol