CU and Nebraska to the PAC-10?

UGAHusker

Colo would be a logical choice for P-10. Then probably Utah or San Diego ST. Dodd seems to think BYU to the B-12 and TCU also if Mizzou leaves for the B-10. I would like to see BYU come in if Col left. Don't think another Texas team is whats needed to keep the league balanced, when any type of vote in and about the B-12 comes up. Going independent would doom the Huskers, we are not ND. No matter how much better a football team we put on the field. Does anyone think that top teams would want to come into Lincoln ??? We would be the new Boise ST. Playing all the big games on someone else's field, or a 1-home for 2-road. Would kill recruiting after a few years of beat downs on the road. Academically we can't get into the B-10, the way we are set up now, is what I've read. Don't know how much truth there is to that.

I hope the league stays with the same teams, probably won't. Like someone wrote to much $$$$$$ to be had.

GBR!!!

Colo would be a logical choice for P-10. Then probably Utah or San Diego ST. Dodd seems to think BYU to the B-12 and TCU also if Mizzou leaves for the B-10. I would like to see BYU come in if Col left. Don't think another Texas team is whats needed to keep the league balanced, when any type of vote in and about the B-12 comes up. Going independent would doom the Huskers, we are not ND. No matter how much better a football team we put on the field. Does anyone think that top teams would want to come into Lincoln ??? We would be the new Boise ST. Playing all the big games on someone else's field, or a 1-home for 2-road. Would kill recruiting after a few years of beat downs on the road. Academically we can't get into the B-10, the way we are set up now, is what I've read. Don't know how much truth there is to that.

I hope the league stays with the same teams, probably won't. Like someone wrote to much $$$$$$ to be had.

GBR!!!

as i was coming into work today the morning sports guy who is a kook was talking about the PAc-10 soooo instantly i know where this was heading..... the time old why cant hawaii join the pac 10.... lame

the whole argument is that with hawaii the pac-10 would open up its markets to asian countries like china japan and korea as well as being exposed to more micronesian and polynesian recruiting bases... at first i was like WTF?? i didnt know china korea or japan even gave two sh#ts about football much less pac-10 football... as for recruiting the PAc-10 is blasted out here anyways and not all but many othe nesian kids go to pac -10 schools anyways unless they are mormon.....

in otherwords hawaii is screwed...... our replacements incase fresno or Boise leaves the guy were saying could be .... NOrth Texas or make Sac State a d-1 school... hawaii is screwed :facepalm:

i just dont see cu going there... no real reason (expect rising travel costs for some schools) i know the pieces fit and what not but i just dont see it and i dont really think SDSU has enought of that "it" factor to be a pac 10 school....

BYU in the big 12 would be interesting to say the least... that would be a nice school to have....

i would pretty much shoot myself if we added another texas school so TCU dont get any ideas.........

i found this to be funny....this is off a CU forum in regards to CU moving to the Pac10

Subject: Just think of the number of huskers and jayhawks

Posted by: BUFF 1977 on Thu Feb 11 2010 8:32:58 AM

it would piss off if we moved. All the ones living here would not be

able to see their beloved teams. That alone would make it worth it.

i think that he is forgetting that CU hasn't held up his own in this rivalry for quite some time now.

It does somewhat make sense that CU would go to the Pac-10 because it's the only school in the Big 12 on Mountain Time. There's only 80 miles difference between Boulder, CO to Austin, TX than Boulder, CO to Los Angeles, CA. Plus, it would help CU in terms of recruiting from California. There's already a lot of Californians that live around Denver and the front range. Seems like a win win to me.

I just read Steve Sipple's take on all of this. Osborne is his primary source in this article, so it's nice to see some perspective from the guy at the top. Oh, and I couldn't agree more with Sipple's closing thought...

“It’ll be interesting to see,” Osborne said. “It isn’t something I stay up at night worrying about. Everybody’s aware there may be some realignment. Nobody knows quite what’s going to happen. I’m sure Dan Beebe and others in the Big 12 are looking at this, too.”

Yeah, right, Beebe has it under control. Anybody else feel uneasy?

If the conference starts dissolving I don't see the problem in going to the Big Ten. They have more tradition than any conference by far, we'd be making even more money than we are, and we'd get to play teams like Michigan and Ohio State, which I think would be a lot of fun. Not to mention our next door neighbor, Iowa, would make for an awesome rivalry. It'd be great if we could keep the old Big 8 game with Oklahoma, but let's face it - that rivalry is all but dead as it is. We play them twice every four years. Change happens and even if we don't like it, we have to accept it might be coming. I'd much rather be with the Big 10 than with the Pac 10.

The only real concern I have is what would happen to our recruiting in Texas if we left for the Big 10. I'm afraid we'd dry up and have a big talent deficit. I hope everything stays as it is, but if something is going to happen and the conference starts to crumble, better to be in a prestigious, tradition-rich conference with a massive TV contract than floating in the breeze.

no one wants NU to leave the Big XII, but i don't think anyone wants NU to stay on a sinking ship when everyone is leaving. the fear is that NU needs to be in a strong conference to stay relevant because our fan base is just too small. Nebraska is the smallest state with a BCS Championship. if Mizzou and UT left the Big XII, there would not be much luster left.

my question is how would UT leave all the other texas teams behind. i mean, the bargain was that UT would only join if their little brothers could too. Although, UT is the kinda of school to leave their state brethren behind, as well as a conference.

Let's say

Big 10 picks up ND, Pitt, or Rutgers (?).

Pac-10 takes CU

Texas stays in the Big 12

What about CSU?

Keeps the N/S balance

A sizable university with a good Ag school.

The stadium is only about 35K. But that could be expanded.

Crazy dumb or crazy like a fox?

Im not so sure CSU wouldnt be even more hurtful to the leagues reputation and standing in that scenario. I think the league would be looking for a school with more/bigger sports programs and recognition if they were to take someone from the MWC, regardless of location. Such as TCU, UTAH, or BYU. Who knows tho? :dunno

i found this to be funny....this is off a CU forum in regards to CU moving to the Pac10

Subject: Just think of the number of huskers and jayhawks

Posted by: BUFF 1977 on Thu Feb 11 2010 8:32:58 AM

it would piss off if we moved. All the ones living here would not be

able to see their beloved teams. That alone would make it worth it.

i think that he is forgetting that CU hasn't held up his own in this rivalry for quite some time now.

My response...please make the move NOW...we will get over it.

If the conference were to break up, I would say that the Big 10 would be the most logical...but where would that put Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, etc? I have a hard time believing that any of this is really going to happen...If Texas goes to the Big 10, then why wouldn't we just join the SEC? I think Texas in the SEC would make more geographical sense...