Texas Big 12(11, 12) conspiracy

It's no secret that Texas gets their way with lot in the Big 12, i say this latest piece of sh#t and playing talks with the Big 10 is another ploy at not only publicity but to get even more on their plate, esp. when Dan Beebe already said they'd do whatever it takes to keep their teams. Seriously, i'm stirrin sh#t here and i wanna know what others think. Is it possible that with all the positive publicity Nebraska is getting again that Texas and even the Big 12 for that matter needed to come up with something to put the attention back on TexASS and the conference. I have read a hell of a lot more than not that Texas has instigated the talks with the Big 10 and Dike and Mike in the morning really put a lot of steam behind this this morning (the talks with Big 10 that is, not my crazy ass conspiracy theory)

• Fire 1

I think it revolves around the Big 10 (little 11) having a need to increase their relevance in college football. They used to be the #1/2 conference. They are no longer.

>1. They (Big 10) would love to have ND - huge fan base accross the USA. This will not happen until NBC dumps them. Still an issue with their basketball being in Big east.

>2. If not ND, then add a new big market:

>> A. NY/NJ with Rutgers

>> B. KC / St. Louis with Missouri

>> C. Pitt & Syracuse would be next

>> D. Louisville, etc. to start getting toward the south.

>> E. Iowa state ? i don't think so....

>3. If they do end of adding team(s) odds are 75/25 they only add one team. 25% 3 teams.

>4. No way Texas, reasons:

>> A. Texas will no-longer be the king of the conference like they are in the big 12.

>> B. Travel too far for Football, and worse for other sports. Not practical.

>> C. Texas would go to the SEC before the Big 10.

>> D. Texas fans would not like the move.

>> E. Politically, the state of Texas would not allow this move - would hurt Texas A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech.

I think more realistically the SEC for Texas before Big 10.

The Big twelve needs to move big 14 or big 16.

> 1. Add TCU and Houston to pull ALL of Texas into the the conference (OK moves to North)

> 2. Do above and add Utah and ????? to make 16 team.

Also, I could see Colorado leaving to the Pac-10.

Lastly, I think Nebraska needs to stay aggressive and not be left behind on this. Maybe Nebraska as an independent will be the endgame.

GBRFE

Independence could be devastating for us i think, it's hard enuff as it is for us to shedule non-conference games as it is with only 4 to pull-off much less all 12. I cant get over Colorado in the pac-10, they have no athletic consistence to provide, as bad as i want them out the the Big 12, the pac 10 is not the place for them, they belong in the WAC or Mountain west or the Ski Belt or somethin. I just cant conceive texas leaving for any reason other than wanting the talk about them and getting something to stay.

Independence could be devastating for us i think, it's hard enuff as it is for us to shedule non-conference games as it is with only 4 to pull-off much less all 12. I cant get over Colorado in the pac-10, they have no athletic consistence to provide, as bad as i want them out the the Big 12, the pac 10 is not the place for them, they belong in the WAC or Mountain west or the Ski Belt or somethin. I just cant conceive texas leaving for any reason other than wanting the talk about them and getting something to stay.

You don't think that the pull CU already has with west coast athletes would just intensify if they were in the Pac 10? It can't help CU to have to convince a kid from San Diego or LA to come to Boulder to travel to places like Ames, Lincoln, Manhatten or Lawrence. If they were in the Pac-10 I'd imagine they could sign 15 good California players a year. I could be wrong. :restore

• 2 weeks later...

You don't think that the pull CU already has with west coast athletes would just intensify if they were in the Pac 10? It can't help CU to have to convince a kid from San Diego or LA to come to Boulder to travel to places like Ames, Lincoln, Manhatten or Lawrence. If they were in the Pac-10 I'd imagine they could sign 15 good California players a year. I could be wrong. :restore

good point

Going independent would be suicide. No way we would ever get to a NC game.

• Fire 1

The Big 12 has been all about Texas from the very beginning. Every big decision has gone in their favor & now the money is pouring in. No question in my mind the final decision about expanding the conference or moving a team will fall in Texas' favor once again. Unfortunately even the strongest conference loyalties (NU, KU, KSU, ISU, etc) stand no chance when in the end it's all about the $$$.

The Big 12 has been all about Texas from the very beginning. Every big decision has gone in their favor & now the money is pouring in. No question in my mind the final decision about expanding the conference or moving a team will fall in Texas' favor once again. Unfortunately even the strongest conference loyalties (NU, KU, KSU, ISU, etc) stand no chance when in the end it's all about the $$$.

I do see a solution. Make Texas our b*tch and we control our own destiny and the future of the BIG XII. I personally would love to see this, unfortunately that task is even harder than it sounds.