What was the worst bill callahan play call

Crazy Joey

We should just create a forum on this board specifically related to all SP and BC talk.

Oh wait, the BS forum...

Callahan didn't have bad play calls. I'm a firm believer in there being no such thing as a bad call, just poor execution on the part of his players. The throw to T. Nunn wasn't a bad call, he just fumbled it.

I don't think he is a bad coach, just that he surrounded himself with some bad assistants. He can obviously coach though, look at his career besides Nebraska. Even if you were to just look at this year, he lead the top rushing attack in the NFL. I'm not a BC hater, but c'mon. There has to be a least one call he made that you hated. I remember 1st and goal from the 2 once he threw it 3 times straight and we took 3 pts.

Well sure, I obviously hate a play if it doesn't work, but I don't necessarily think it's a bad call. For example, if someone drops a completion on 3rd and 2 resulting in a 4th and 2, I'll be frustrated when it first happens. But after a few seconds, I'm over it, simply because if the ball had not been dropped we'd have had a first down and I would have been happy.

When I watch football, I see the reasonable side to it. Sometimes things go your way, sometimes they don't. Sometimes a play will work one week, and the next week it won't. I don't like to waste time fretting about what was and wasn't a good play call. I just try to do what the players do and that is move on to the next play.

We should just create a forum on this board specifically related to all SP and BC talk.

Oh wait, the BS forum...

Callahan didn't have bad play calls. I'm a firm believer in there being no such thing as a bad call, just poor execution on the part of his players. The throw to T. Nunn wasn't a bad call, he just fumbled it.

I don't think he is a bad coach, just that he surrounded himself with some bad assistants. He can obviously coach though, look at his career besides Nebraska. Even if you were to just look at this year, he lead the top rushing attack in the NFL. I'm not a BC hater, but c'mon. There has to be a least one call he made that you hated. I remember 1st and goal from the 2 once he threw it 3 times straight and we took 3 pts.

Well sure, I obviously hate a play if it doesn't work, but I don't necessarily think it's a bad call. For example, if someone drops a completion on 3rd and 2 resulting in a 4th and 2, I'll be frustrated when it first happens. But after a few seconds, I'm over it, simply because if the ball had not been dropped we'd have had a first down and I would have been happy.

When I watch football, I see the reasonable side to it. Sometimes things go your way, sometimes they don't. Sometimes a play will work one week, and the next week it won't. I don't like to waste time fretting about what was and wasn't a good play call. I just try to do what the players do and that is move on to the next play.

No, I feel the same way there. I'm just sharing because I just don't feel like I should be running the OP down like other people have. I mean everybody just needs to cut the guy some slack.

I don't think he is a bad coach. He can obviously coach though, look at his career besides Nebraska.

I see it differently. Starting with the loss of the Super Bowl that he got to with Gruden's team. Continuing on with completely loosing his Raider team the next year. Then his incompetantcy while he was here at Nebraska. This guy has never been anything but a fairly good assistant coach. He F'd up my Raidersw and he F'd up my Huskers. There is no forgiving him for these screw ups.

T_O_B

:steam:steam:madash:madash:madash:steam:steam

The funny thing is I probally know alot more about football than you do and yes I know that bill hasnt been the coach for a few years. I just wanted to make a funny thread and I am probally bigger husker fan than you are plus I think its funny to make fun of bill

You know more about football than me AND you are a bigger Husker fan than me?! ZOMG! You are so soo cool!

Even if the second one actually meant anything, the fact that you assumed your statement to be true without knowing me shows your use of logic is comparable to a 3rd grader. But anyway, keep making sweet threads and telling people how cool you are!

Slob on my nob like corn on the cob I dont give a crap what you say or think stop posting in my threads if you are going to be a lil bitch.

Whoah Nelly!!

greetings from Germany, all...

i don't think this is a dumb thread...it's just the opposite of threads like, "Greatest Tommie Moments" or something...

anyway, I do have a few singular moments that straight up showed me 'he' was wrong Here...BUT it was more of a series of play calls that I was absolutely going Nucking Futs over that I still remember to this day:

Against Mizzou, they had scored on like 2 straight possessions and we desperately needed a few 1st downs, not to mention a score of our own...the Season, the Quarter, the players: I have buried all the major facts deep into my subconscience and it only comes out after I've been drinking (which is now, some dark German Beers, lol)

on 3rd and 2 from about our own 30, driving and in need of yardage and points..'he' runs a stupid little out route for an imcompletion. Defense under the other 'he' miraculously holds...

next drive 3rd and 3 from about our own 35, driving and gaining a little momentum 'he' runs a RB flare and the ball is horribly overthrown. Defense under the other 'he' miraculously holds...

Well 3rd drive in a row, we are desperate before Half to get some points and gain some momentum. We have the ball 3rd and 4 from their 45...'he' runs some wideout bubble to the sideline and the WR gets tackled for a half yard loss.

Mizzou seizes the opportunity against the other 'he' and goes up by an insurmountable point total and We are left completely domoralized...

Moral of the Story? Run the F'ing Ball on 3rd and short DoucheCallahan!!

I will never forget thinking (and probably screaming): "Under this IDIOT, we are no longer Nebraska."

If you don't like the topic, don't open it. This may not be the best thread ever, but it is not the worst. The guy coached here and is part of Nebraska football history whether you like him or not. To suggest someone quit posting altogether is a bit much and should be against board rules if it isn't already.

Anyway, the fake punt against Auburn wasn't even BC's worst fake punt call. The one against USC that actually worked was. If he had no plans to try and even win the game, what's the point of trickery? :moreinteresting

My vote is the whole 2006 USC game where Cally played to "not get blown out".

I don't think he is a bad coach. He can obviously coach though, look at his career besides Nebraska.

I see it differently. Starting with the loss of the Super Bowl that he got to with Gruden's team. Continuing on with completely loosing his Raider team the next year. Then his incompetantcy while he was here at Nebraska. This guy has never been anything but a fairly good assistant coach. He F'd up my Raidersw and he F'd up my Huskers. There is no forgiving him for these screw ups.

T_O_B

Raiders fan and a Husker fan? Talk about goin one extreme to the other.

T_O_B

Raiders fan and a Husker fan? Talk about goin one extreme to the other.

Seriously, I only know of one other person who likes the Raiders :flush and Huskers. You're from Eastern SD. Why don't you like the Vikes?

Worst Callahan call ever, coming to Nebraska.

I am a Raider fan as well. Callahan got to the Superbowl with Gruden's team, and when he actually had to face Gruden, Chucky pants'd him in front of a national audience. I remember John Lynch coming to the sideline after the Buc's D had just stopped the Raiders O, and looking at Chucky saying, "they're doing exactly what they said you would".