Kyler Reed

Nexus

so where do you think he fits in on the depth by seasons start? i'm assuming this means McNeill is at TE still. i'd say it goes like this..

WR- Niles & Kinnie... A. Bell and Reed... Cooper and Gilleylen

TE- McNeill... Harper... Young... Cotton

I think you are right with the WR's.

For the TE's I would Say McNeill Haper Cotton Young.

sorry for the "stupid" question, but does he project more as somebody who could stretch the field, or more of a possession reciever?

With his speed and athleticism, I would say he could definitely stretch the field.

I also wouldn't mind him getting in on some jet sweeps and option plays. I really think Reed could add another dimension to the offense if he is utilized correctly.

sorry for the "stupid" question, but does he project more as somebody who could stretch the field, or more of a possession reciever?

With his speed and athleticism, I would say he could definitely stretch the field.

I also wouldn't mind him getting in on some jet sweeps and option plays. I really think Reed could add another dimension to the offense if he is utilized correctly.

Whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Reed has exceptional speed . . . for a tight end. His speed as a receiver is probably middle of the pack at best. Those jet sweeps would be more effective with Paul or Gilleylen (provided they can hold on to the ball).

Whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Reed has exceptional speed . . . for a tight end. His speed as a receiver is probably middle of the pack at best. Those jet sweeps would be more effective with Paul or Gilleylen (provided they can hold on to the ball).

I don't know, man. I know it was just the Spring Game, but anyone who saw Reed take that short pass then blaze down the sideline for the score had to come away impressed. I think he's got pretty decent speed for a TE or a WR.

I don't know, man. I know it was just the Spring Game, but anyone who saw Reed take that short pass then blaze down the sideline for the score had to come away impressed. I think he's got pretty decent speed for a TE or a WR.

Yeah, I was there. He did look fast running away from the third and fourth string linebackers. We'll see. My money is on him having average speed when compared to other WRs. Unfortunately we haven't seen him enough yet to make a definitive judgment.

Yeah, I was there. He did look fast running away from the third and fourth string linebackers. We'll see. My money is on him having average speed when compared to other WRs. Unfortunately we haven't seen him enough yet to make a definitive judgment.

Rivals says he ran a 4.5 40, so that's probably average for college WRs, right (I don't know average college WR speed)? Maybe he got a little faster when he got to NU? :)

Rivals says he ran a 4.5 40, so that's probably average for college WRs, right (I don't know average college WR speed)? Maybe he got a little faster when he got to NU? :)

1. I don't trust rivals 40 times.

2. The 40 yard dash in general is next to worthless in trying to determine "game day" speed. Run it in pads with a football in your hand and someone trying to tackle you and it might be a LITTLE more applicable.

3. I certainly hope you are right that he will be a faster than average WR. I'm doubtful but I could certainly be wrong.