Kyler Reed

Nexus

Kyler's little brother has an article in Huskers Illustrated today. He said that Kyler is in the process of switching positions as a Slot Receiver. He currently weighs 230 lbs. and will be trimming a few pounds off for the position.

Good. Kyler is an athletic freak. Get him on the field anyway possible.

Same with Martinez.

Well they said the added benefit with moving him is that he's also a solid blocker, so it makes sense.

I have been waiting for him to make big time contributions. Hopefully with him moving to receiver him and Paul will be the physical receivers we need to seal off the edge on stretch plays yet be a handfull for DB's trying to cover on passing plays.

Good news, imho. We've got a LOT of talent at TE, so if Reed can run and catch he'd probably be better utilized at WR.

Didn’t I hear a while back that McNeill is moving to WR? So who does that leave at TE? Young and Cotton / Hill?

Good news, imho. We've got a LOT of talent at TE, so if Reed can run and catch he'd probably be better utilized at WR.

Didn’t I hear a while back that McNeill is moving to WR? So who does that leave at TE? Young and Cotton / Hill?

I don't think McNeill is moving . . . could be wrong but I don't think I've seen that. We've also got Dreu Young, Ben Cotton, Ryan Hill, J.T. Kerr, and the JUCO coming in.

I don't think McNeill is moving . . . could be wrong but I don't think I've seen that. We've also got Dreu Young, Ben Cotton, Ryan Hill, J.T. Kerr, and the JUCO coming in.

That sounds better. It would be strange if both Reed and McNeill moved out of the TE spot.