NU coaching staff made a good impression in KC tonight

Nexus

I came across this at another forum and thought it was thread worthy.

I am a high school coach in the Kansas City area. Every month we have our Greater Kansas City Football Coaches Association meetings at Central States Distributorship (Coors and Miller). They open up all the taps for us and a college staff comes in to do a clinic.

I have gone to the meetings for 12 years. I have seen KState, KU, MU, even OU. They usually bring a few coaches, talk for half an hour, drink a few beers and leave.

Tonight was the Nebraska staff's turn. I was stunned when every single coach on the NU staff showed up, Bo included. Bo spoke at the beginning to approx. 500 coaches from both KS/MO, stating his intention to make KC players a priority. Watson and Carl each talked for an hour and then every coach (including BO) did a breakout session for another 45 minutes. They were still going when I had to leave.

I got Bo a beer, and he told me to give his brother sh#t while he was speaking. One of the assistants from my school who is a TX guy even commented how hard it is to not like these guys. I was never more proud to be an NU fan. GBR.

• Fire 2

Sounds like the coaching staff is not only listening to TO's regional recruiting wisdom but doing something about it. This could be huge for our team's upcoming recruiting classes 'cause if you get the KC/MO high school coaches on your side, that makes it much easier for them to support one of their players considering his LOI to Nebraska.

first step is always getting the High School coaches trust. if they trust you and like you, then it makes it that much easier to recruit a player.

I was an Army recruiter for years, and I always tried to gain the trust of the teachers, counselors, principles and coaches. if they dont trust that you are honest and have the students best interest in mind, your life as a recruiter will be 100X harder than it already is

Nice! Real nice. Good to hear. Good to know that 500 coaches will spread the word. Coach Bo & staff had to show some insight about running their program at Nebraska. I hope it inspires a few. Could be a very positive domino effect for potential recruits, also their younger brothers & other family too, as far as their coaches influence to at least think about attending Nebraska. I hope the staff does other clinics like this around the country. You never know.