Ending the O-fers

SaturnDrew

Nebraska has a chance to end a bad streak in the Big 12: They have yet to defeat Texas in the regular season. (Yes, they did win a Big 12 Championship game against TX, but I want to focus on regular season.) These are what I refer to as "O-fers". There aren't many other O-fers left in the Big 12.

Baylor has 3 with Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Texas Tech. Not only do they have the notoriety of having the most O-fers, they also are the only team with inter-division O-fers.

Iowa State has 2, being Oklahoma and Texas.

Kansas and Nebraska each have one with Texas.

Otherwise, all other Big 12 schools have defeated each team at least one other time in regular season conference play.

Let's end the O-fer we have with Texas! :hookerhorns

Nebraska has a chance to end a bad streak in the Big 12: They have yet to defeat Texas in the regular season. (Yes, they did win a Big 12 Championship game against TX, but I want to focus on regular season.) These are what I refer to as "O-fers". There aren't many other O-fers left in the Big 12.

Baylor has 3 with Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Texas Tech. Not only do they have the notoriety of having the most O-fers, they also are the only team with inter-division O-fers.

Otherwise, all other Big 12 schools have defeated each team at least one other time in regular season conference play.

Let's end the O-fer we have with Texas! ut.gif

To beat Texas in regular season play would be just awesome. Hoping I can be there in person too.

To beat Texas in regular season play would be just awesome. Hoping I can be there in person too.

To beat Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, or any of the better teams at any time is awesome.

To beat Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, or any of the better teams at any time is awesome.

We have yet to beat Texas in regular season Big 12 play... Beating all three goes without saying.

I had the displeasure of attending our 1st regular season Big 12 loss to Texas in '98. You know the one I'm talking about - #7 Huskers at home vs unranked Texas. Led by Ricky Williams & Major Applewhite, the whorns win 20-16 to end what was the 5th longest home winning streak in NCAA history (47 straight). Of course it also marked our 1st home loss to an unranked opponent since 1978. The classy fans that we Huskers are then applaud Texas as they exit the field - definitely the first & last time I applauded them.

How bout not having another o'fer. We didn't win a MNC in the 00's how bout we win one in the 10's. Beating texas will probably have to happen first but either would be nice.

But we didtn win one in the 1890's, 1900's, 10's, 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, or 80's either, so that may not be in the back of their head. Just sayin. :)

Also, as many times as we've been so close to beating Texas, (i think every time has come down to the final minutes), when it finally does happen, whether it be next year or 2011, or 14 or 15, i feel it will be a complete blowout, that one game when the monkey doesnt just get off the back, but is completely body slammed into the ground. :bonez

What's PO'd me about many of the losses is that in about half of the games NU was the outright better team, and many of the other games, NU seemed to be the better team that day. The Crouch fumble at the goal-line in '98, Buckhalter fumble at the goal-line the next year (along with a couple of other silly NU fumbles), the Nunn fumble, and the ridiculous Jammal Charles 4th qrtr after NU led 21-7, are ones that come to mind as games NU should've won.

What's PO'd me about many of the losses is that in about half of the games NU was the outright better team, and many of the other games, NU seemed to be the better team that day. The Crouch fumble at the goal-line in '98, Buckhalter fumble at the goal-line the next year (along with a couple of other silly NU fumbles), the Nunn fumble, and the ridiculous Jammal Charles 4th qrtr after NU led 21-7, are ones that come to mind as games NU should've won.

Those were some painful reminders. Thanks for that.

On a positive note, I despise Texas even more now.

One of these is not like the others. Can anyone guess which one. chuckleshuffle