Coulda-Woulda-Shoulda Husker

ESPY

Terry Rodgers he looked impressive his first few games getting around 100's yards then he got injured (Knees if I remember).

Mike Grant came off the bench and looked like the next big time QB then he was injured and never looked the same again.

Some one said Mickey Joesph - He was exciting to watch until Oklahoma cheap shotted him into the bench after a 30 yard gain.

This may shock some but how about Ahmen Green? I think he just left too soon, if he had stayed the Heisman and first pick were there for the taking.

T_O_B

:nanalama

Same could be said for Lawrence Phillips too, minus his off-the-field behavior.

If only he had, or could have, known that in his position, girls are like street cars, another one comes along every 10 minutes. 250 yards against Michigan State and in their house, he was on his way to a Heisman and if he stays for another year maybe another and quite possibly for UNL an unpresidented 4 National Championships. Wow, its amazing what you can come up with when you say, "If only."

T_O_B

:cheers

Terry Rodgers he looked impressive his first few games getting around 100's yards then he got injured (Knees if I remember).

Mike Grant came off the bench and looked like the next big time QB then he was injured and never looked the same again.

Some one said Mickey Joesph - He was exciting to watch until Oklahoma cheap shotted him into the bench after a 30 yard gain.

I thought the Oklahoma player was trying to keeping him from sliding into the bench and inadvertently injured Joseph. Seems like the field and sidelines were watered down due to the warm weather that day.

Of course it's been 19 years and I was a little kid at the time so my memory was a little fuzzy.

I thought the Oklahoma player was trying to keeping him from sliding into the bench and inadvertently injured Joseph. Seems like the field and sidelines were watered down due to the warm weather that day.

Of course it's been 19 years and I was a little kid at the time so my memory was a little fuzzy.

That's pretty much it.

T_O_B

How about Zack Bowman? He couldn't stay on the field as a Husker and he also played here a few years too early. Imagine what a healthy Bowman would have done in Pelini's defense...

Bowman's injuries were heartbreaking & IMO crushing blows to our defense at the time. He would've been the heart & soul of our D if he would've been able to stay healthy. Bowman was something to behold out on the field.

Zack had 59 tackles and 6 INTs for the Bears this year in his first full season in the NFL. True talent that never got a chance to shine for the Huskers.

Curt Brennan. He never played. I just met him the other day. He's now a chiropractor and he had a scholarship offer from TO to play back in the early 90's....wait for it...as a kicker! I guess the guy could kick 60+. He just didn't like the wear and tear on his body. I met him through a good friend of mine that's known him for a long time and said the guy isn't the type to exaggerate. Oh what could have been in that 94 orange bowl....

Curt Brennan. He never played. I just met him the other day. He's now a chiropractor and he had a scholarship offer from TO to play back in the early 90's....wait for it...as a kicker! I guess the guy could kick 60+. He just didn't like the wear and tear on his body. I met him through a good friend of mine that's known him for a long time and said the guy isn't the type to exaggerate. Oh what could have been in that 94 orange bowl....

That man might have won us the NC in '93- three in a row would have been sweet!! Depending what year, maybe he wins us that one in Boulder. 91 I think.

Herian comes to mind. I remember thinking, "this is the next great NFL Husker we can brag about." Then snap crackle pop. I was honestly sad for him.

Brook Berringer always comes to mind in these types of discussions for me too. The kind of overlooked, 'oh he's not a true Nebraska QB' type of guy behind an elite, once a decade type talent, yet filled in and got it done, and got it done when it mattered. Ive always wondered what he, and Tom's offense, would have looked like if there never was a Frazier, and he was the man.

Herian comes to mind. I remember thinking, "this is the next great NFL Husker we can brag about." Then snap crackle pop. I was honestly sad for him.

Brook Berringer always comes to mind in these types of discussions for me too. The kind of overlooked, 'oh he's not a true Nebraska QB' type of guy behind an elite, once a decade type talent, yet filled in and got it done, and got it done when it mattered. Ive always wondered what he, and Tom's offense, would have looked like if there never was a Frazier, and he was the man.

I thought he would be the next Jay Novacek. Herian had great hands. You could count on him to bust a big play when needed.

1. Terrel Farley- I think he was either adopted or in foster care as a child, but either way he had a tough childhood. Freakish ability to be around the ball. Had alot of demons

2. Kenny Wilson- seemed like he was going to break into the rotation and then that whole tv deal.

3. Cody Glenn- loved him as a running back, loved that he willing switched to LB, and then proof-gone

4. Joe Daily- kid was caught in a trap when BC came.

Easily my favorite Husker LB of all time. He just made opposing offenses look silly...

__0601167P_NEBRASKA_V_CO_02VZQ..jpg

I totally agree, Farley was a beast. He was great in the 95 season and set a trend for guys like Carlos Polk and Demario Williams of the future. Fast, tenacious linebackers who could cover a lot of ground.

1. Terrel Farley- I think he was either adopted or in foster care as a child, but either way he had a tough childhood. Freakish ability to be around the ball. Had alot of demons

2. Kenny Wilson- seemed like he was going to break into the rotation and then that whole tv deal.

3. Cody Glenn- loved him as a running back, loved that he willing switched to LB, and then proof-gone

4. Joe Daily- kid was caught in a trap when BC came.

Easily my favorite Husker LB of all time. He just made opposing offenses look silly...

__0601167P_NEBRASKA_V_CO_02VZQ..jpg

I totally agree, Farley was a beast. He was great in the 95 season and set a trend for guys like Carlos Polk and Demario Williams of the future. Fast, tenacious linebackers who could cover a lot of ground.

Does anyone remember what happend to Farley after he left the team? If memory serves, I thought he just went back to Mississippi or Alabama and was never heard from again.

Does anyone remember what happend to Farley after he left the team? If memory serves, I thought he just went back to Mississippi or Alabama and was never heard from again.

Not sure..

But this thread did get me interested in "whatever happened to Doug DuBose"

All I'm able to find is a couple years with the 49rs and these:

http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/doug-dubose

SPORTS

February 14, 1990

Irving Fryar of the New England Patriots, a former Nebraska football player, denied a published report that he shared cocaine with Doug DuBose, a troubled former Cornhusker star running back. "I used marijuana through college," Fryar told the Omaha World-Herald, "but I didn't use cocaine until after my senior year in college, right before I got into the pros."

SPORTS

February 7, 1990

University of Nebraska football Coach Tom Osborne confirmed that former running back Doug DuBose tested positive for drugs several times and was treated for drug use while at Nebraska. Osborne was responding to statements by DuBose published in the Hartford (Conn.) Courant. DuBose told the Courant that he twice tested positive for drugs, was never suspended from the team and accepted about $50,000 in gifts from Nebraska boosters over a five-year period.

SPORTS

February 5, 1990

Irving Fryar, a wide receiver for the New England Patriots, has acknowledged that he used cocaine while playing at the University of Nebraska, the Hartford Courant reported. Fryar also said he helped introduce Nebraska teammate Doug DuBose to the drug. Fryar's comments came in a story profiling DuBose, who went on to the NFL but is now out of the league because of a seven-year-old cocaine habit. Fryar, who claims to be drug-free, said of DuBose's situation: "That could so easily have been me."

SPORTS

49ers' DuBose Is Suspended by NFL as Part of League's Get-Tough Policy

August 5, 1988

Running back Doug DuBose of the San Francisco 49ers has been suspended by the National Football League for 30 days, apparently because he failed a league drug test, 49er Coach Bill Walsh announced Thursday at Rocklin, Calif. Walsh said that DuBose's suspension is the result of the NFL's new get-tough policy this season. "He has been placed on non-football injury status and will be unable to participate in a game for 30 days," Walsh said. "He most likely will be able to practice within two weeks.