Does O'Hanlon make an NFL roster?

NUance

Pelini isn’t doubting his guy’s chances.

Perhaps you heard the coach after the bowl game when he said of O’Hanlon: “It’s going to be the same thing. People are going to come in and write him off, and he’s going to make a (NFL) camp and he’s going to make a football team. article

Kind of long odds for O'Hanlon to make a roster. About as long as the odds of a Nebraska walk-on becoming a starter, and then being named Big 12 defensive player of the week. (Like O'Hanlon was after the OU game.)

Pelini isn’t doubting his guy’s chances.

Perhaps you heard the coach after the bowl game when he said of O’Hanlon: “It’s going to be the same thing. People are going to come in and write him off, and he’s going to make a (NFL) camp and he’s going to make a football team. article

Kind of long odds for O'Hanlon to make a roster. About as long as the odds of a Nebraska walk-on becoming a starter, and then being named Big 12 defensive player of the week. (Like O'Hanlon was after the OU game.)

Anybody ever heard of Jim Leonhard - played last season with the NY Jets and season prior with the Ravens. O'Hanlon reminds me a lot of Leonhard - physical appearance doesn't necessarily scare anyone but they just make big play after big play. I think O'Hanlon is probably a little faster (based on what I have no clue :LOLtartar )

Anybody ever heard of Jim Leonhard - played last season with the NY Jets and season prior with the Ravens. O'Hanlon reminds me a lot of Leonhard - physical appearance doesn't necessarily scare anyone but they just make big play after big play.

My thoughts exactly. Every time I saw the Jets play this season, I thought I was watching O'Hanlon. Underrated but completely essential. He's gonna make some NFL defense very happy.

Anybody ever heard of Jim Leonhard - played last season with the NY Jets and season prior with the Ravens. O'Hanlon reminds me a lot of Leonhard - physical appearance doesn't necessarily scare anyone but they just make big play after big play.

My thoughts exactly. Every time I saw the Jets play this season, I thought I was watching O'Hanlon. Underrated but completely essential. He's gonna make some NFL defense very happy.

Agreed. Cerebral safeties do exist in the NFL. I also saw him make some pretty nice hits this year in run support (bowl game anyone?)... We all say Bo knows safeties, and he seems to like Matt. He played a stellar year except for one play in the VA Tech game - and in reality the coaching staff could have helped him there by having more than a 2 deep (not bringing this conversation back, just observing). I personally would welcome him as a potential safety for my Detroit Lions. Can't be worse than what we've already got - which is no one (or at least I have never seen them actually near the play). Detroit's safeties are more like matadors, but I digress.

Go Matt.

I think if someone overlooks him, they will be kicking themselves later for it. The transformation Matty had after the VA Tech debacle, was absolutely remarkable. It's almost as if he used that for motivation the rest of the season.

I know of one B12 North coach who thought O'Hanlon was not that far behind Suh in his ability to affect a game by the time our teams played.

Yes, I was :blink: as well when I heard that as well.

I went to Bellevue East with Matt back in 2002, i knew his older sister Sarah and her husband Wes and I were best friends. I have a lot of respect for Matt and his family, even though its been ages since ive seen him. He has come a long way, i have my fingers crossed for him to make it to the NFL, he does have the talent and the work ethic. But even if he doesn't he is still one of the best Safeties ive seen play in my book.

I wish Matt and his family well.

i thought the same thing, but i think it's mostly because they are both white

• Fire 1

O'Hanlon should make it on somebody's roster. He's not the best cover safety, though he's not bad, but he is good in run support, diagnosing plays and making tackles. If he was just a little bit bigger I think he would be an outstanding linebacker. Anyway, the league is full of unsung guys who just keeping working their way up, so why not Matt?

I think he make one but probably not as a drafted player. Free agent invitee. He looks to be in the mold of a Eric Weddle from San Diego.

Work his way onto a roster and then his play will get him on as a starter. May take some time. That is my opinion and we have to see how he does in his workouts.

My thoughts exactly. Probably won’t be drafted. But Matty O will have several FA invites to try out. I wouldn’t be surprised to see O’Hanlon make a practice squad. And eventually get a spot on a roster somewhere. He could be a special teams DEMON, plus playing/backing up the safety positions.