Does O'Hanlon make an NFL roster?

NUance

Scott Frost played in the NFL as a Safety and didn't even play the position his last 3 years of college. O'Hanlon isn't quite the hoss that Frost was/is, but I think if Frost could stick around for awhile, O'Hanlon has a chance.

Close there, UGA. Frost was a freak of an athlete, and was a "football player" in every sense of the term. Matt has sure played more than fine the last 2 years, but physically, cant hold a candle to Scott. That being said, Matt would be a great special teams and solid back up player for a team with one stud at the other safety.

Scott Frost played in the NFL as a Safety and didn't even play the position his last 3 years of college. O'Hanlon isn't quite the hoss that Frost was/is, but I think if Frost could stick around for awhile, O'Hanlon has a chance.

Close there, UGA. Frost was a freak of an athlete, and was a "football player" in every sense of the term. Matt has sure played more than fine the last 2 years, but physically, cant hold a candle to Scott. That being said, Matt would be a great special teams and solid back up player for a team with one stud at the other safety.

The 'Snowman' was a player. He was our QB because he was a leader, and he got the job done. His 'on the field heart and desire' made up for some inadequacies talent wise. TO"s system and having "Amen" Green in the backfield helped out too.

I looked at someone's draft predictions yesterday and there were only two Huskers on the board in the first 350 spots. This doesn't mean Matt O'H won't find a spot somewhere but he has to have a bunch of intangibles that the scouts recognize because he won't make it on pure stats. If he doesn't make it I'd bet there is a spot for him with the Sioux Falls Storm of Arena Football fame these guys are winners and the only reason they didn't win their 5th straight league championship last year was the league admins took away 5 wins because the idiot owner forgot to pay his insurance bill.

T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez

Dont write him off. The kid has got lots of talent. He was on of the best playmakers we have seen in a few years. It might be practice squad or the 53 man roster but the kid makes a team 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to completely 100% disagree with you on that one. Not to take anything away from Matt and his abilities, but I wouldn't consider him one of our best playmakers on the D in a few years. In my book, he wouldn't sniff the top 5, might not even make it into my top 10.

My inclination is to say that, sure, he'll get a chance, probably make a practice squad, whatever.

But I cant overlook that he just has it. He is the very definition of whatever it is. Playmaker, heart, instincts, all of that or maybe even none of that. I just know it is there. You dont get to where he is from where he was, without IT. And fellers, if there's one place IT is needed and certainly will never hurt, its the National Football League.

• 4 months later...