2011 RB recruiting

Nexus

Coach Beck told a Junior Day visitor that they'll take 2 RB's in 2011. They're looking for a thumper back and a fast back. We already know that Aaron Green is priority #1 that suits the fast back mold, and as far as I'm aware, we don't have an offer for anyone that fits the thumper back mold as of yet. My guess is they'll offer Adonis Ameen-Moore from Colorado since he does fit that mold and is also projected to be the best recruiting prospect in the state of Colorado according to this site.

Coach Beck told a Junior Day visitor that they'll take 2 RB's in 2011. They're looking for a thumper back and a fast back. We already know that Aaron Green is priority #1 that suits the fast back mold, and as far as I'm aware, we don't have an offer for anyone that fits the thumper back mold as of yet. My guess is they'll offer Adonis Ameen-Moore from Colorado since he does fit that mold and is also projected to be the best recruiting prospect in the state of Colorado according to this site.

From video I've seen, he doesn't seem like a 6.0 guy. Maybe 5.7.

By scout he has been rated as a 4*. If rivals agrees that means he is at a minimum a 5.8. I think he looks like he would be a quality thumper back. Obviously he doesn't have the speed and shiftiness of A. Green or B. Heard, but he is strong and never gets knocked back.

By scout he has been rated as a 4*. If rivals agrees that means he is at a minimum a 5.8. I think he looks like he would be a quality thumper back. Obviously he doesn't have the speed and shiftiness of A. Green or B. Heard, but he is strong and never gets knocked back.

I wouldn't always go by scout, and I don't know if he a thumper back. He's just big. He seems too patient a runner for someone his size and speed, and I think that will work against him when he starts going against faster defenses.

Let's divide our offer list into 2 groups: The shifty, speedsters and the Big, strong, power backs.

Small Speed

Aaron Green 5'11" 178 4.4 (4.37 on some sites)

Robert Standard 5'10" 173 4.4

Tevin Williams 5'10" 185 4.41

Big Strength

Adonis Ameen Moore 5'10" 215 4.55

Dagan Reed 5'11" 195 4.53

Who else might fit on these lists? And which backs might end up being in the opposite categories?

Let's divide our offer list into 2 groups: The shifty, speedsters and the Big, strong, power backs.

Small Speed

Big Strength

Who else might fit on these lists? And which backs might end up being in the opposite categories?

I think Tevin Williams is in a category of his own. He reminds me of CJ Gable from USC, not necessarily the fastest back but extremely fluid. He seems to be sound in all areas, but not great in any area.

Small Speed

Big Strength

FYI, its been stated by multiple people that if Dagan came here, he'd most likeily be a safety. Not trying to be smart, just help. :)

Small Speed

Big Strength

awfully black and white. odd. im sure this is what the coaches board looks like. :moreinteresting

Rivals has a teaser that Aaron Green currently has NU at #1.

Hopefully when he comes to the Spring Game and meets Jamal Turner, Tyler Moore, Ryne Reeves, and Dylan Admire he will get sucked into our program. Hopefully those guys can pull Christian Westerman in too. And maybe Aaron will feela little competition for the scholarship with Robert Standard there ready to commit to NU.

What does NU do if Standard gets fired up about the program and wants to commit to NU? Do they let him commit if Aaron is not ready to make his mind up yet but has NU at #1? I think we all agree Green is the much better back. But what would happen if Standard was put on the wait list behind Green, Green drug out his commitment until the Army All American Game and end up committing someone else, and Standard gets tired of waiting so he commits elsewhere... then we lose both.

So what do you do with a delicate situation that could potentially play out this way?

• Fire 1