Combine

Really good article by Gregg Doyel - yeah, that Gregg Doyel - about Suh and McCoy.

More and more I'm beginning to think that all this talk about McCoy being "better" is a conspiracy to sell newspapers. It's Just so preposterous.

ARTICLE

Absolutely agree.

Measurables/Athleticism: Suh > McCoy

On field production: Suh >>>>>> McCoy

I can't for the life of me imagine why ANYONE would have McCoy ahead of Suh. It's preposterous.

I think the biggest argument (besides just saying something to sell their article) is that when you looked at Suh there were a lot of times where he got his sacks by bull rushing the O-lineman and just powering his way to the QB. Will that translate to the NFL? Who knows but seeing his production in college with that style (his most productive games were against the best teams) you'd think he'd at least be OK in the NFL. Really it's hard to believe some of the things coming out of people's mouths.

What were Asante's and Dillard's numbers? I've looked, I just haven't found anything.

I think the biggest argument (besides just saying something to sell their article) is that when you looked at Suh there were a lot of times where he got his sacks by bull rushing the O-lineman and just powering his way to the QB. Will that translate to the NFL? Who knows but seeing his production in college with that style (his most productive games were against the best teams) you'd think he'd at least be OK in the NFL. Really it's hard to believe some of the things coming out of people's mouths.

What were Asante's and Dillard's numbers? I've looked, I just haven't found anything.

2010 NFL Combine Results

You know what's scary? Jared Crick's sophomore stats are better than McCoy's junior stats.

Hopefully Crick can keep up decent production when he is the guy being double teamed instead of Suh.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how he manages being "that guy" on the line. He strikes me as having the same work ethic that Suh has though, so hopefully it'll translate out on the field where it counts.

You know what's scary? Jared Crick's sophomore stats are better than McCoy's junior stats.

Hopefully Crick can keep up decent production when he is the guy being double teamed instead of Suh.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how he manages being "that guy" on the line. He strikes me as having the same work ethic that Suh has though, so hopefully it'll translate out on the field where it counts.

I think he'll be OK as THE guy since we have a bevy of solid DTs around him. Between Stein, Moore, Thad Randle and whomever else, plus Carl's teaching, PLUS having Allen on one side and Ankrah/Meredith on the other, Crick won't have to be a one-man wrecking crew next year.

I think he'll be OK as THE guy since we have a bevy of solid DTs around him. Between Stein, Moore, Thad Randle and whomever else, plus Carl's teaching, PLUS having Allen on one side and Ankrah/Meredith on the other, Crick won't have to be a one-man wrecking crew next year.

I agree. I'm looking forward to seeing what this line will look like in 2010.