Quentin Castille Update

People must remember - people make mistakes, especially when we're referring to the college timeframe. That said, I hope Q succeeds. He didn't break any laws, didn't hurt anyone, and hasn't bad mouthed NU as far as I'm aware...

I'm rooting for Q because why would we root against a human being that chose to wear RED, regardless of the events that led to his dismissal (since these weren't Thunder Collins' type charges...or charges period).

If you’re looking for something to do today, how about submitting your name for the NFL’s supplemental draft? Evidently anyone can do it, even Quentin Castille.

Pelini unceremoniously booted the once promising running back on August 22 for the usual mysterious undisclosed violation of team rules, ending Castille’s shot at the riches and fame of pro football.

Or so we thought! Castille has found his way into the NFL draft after all. He’s parlaying the 349 yards rushing that he racked up in 11 games during his junior year at something called “Northwestern State University” in 2009. What NFL team wouldn’t want a D-1 castoff who averaged 3.3 yards/carry and 0.09 TD/game against the likes of McNeese State, Sam Houston State and Nicholls? (In fairness, he did post 7 yards on 8 carries in NSU’s 68-13 loss to Baylor.)

If I sound bitter it’s because the last time we saw Quentin Castille he was running all over Clemson in the 2009 Gator Bowl, posting 125 yards rushing while Helu and Lucky were slowed by injuries. He could have been good. And because of Castille’s undisclosed shenanigans, these things didn’t happen: (1) the easy Iowa State victory in October, (2) Helu’s orderly and unrushed return from injury, and (3) Rex Burkhead’s uneventful (and healthy) 2009 redshirt year. And of course, (4) Quentin Castille’s NFL career.

LINK(Better off Red)

I do not recall this... :facepalm:

People must remember - people make mistakes, especially when we're referring to the college timeframe. That said, I hope Q succeeds. He didn't break any laws, didn't hurt anyone, and hasn't bad mouthed NU as far as I'm aware...

I'm rooting for Q because why would we root against a human being that chose to wear RED, regardless of the events that led to his dismissal (since these weren't Thunder Collins' type charges...or charges period).

Are you sure he didn't break any laws? Rumor has it he was booted for smoking weed. I'm pretty sure that's still against the law.

I'll sum up his career here at Nebraska. He had one great game. Besides that, he was a liability because he had a huge fumbling problem. People did nothing but whine and complain about hit until after the Clemson game. He became some kind of folk hero for some reason after that game. For everyone saying the outcome would have been different in the Iowa State, VT, and Texas game; well the outcome might have also been different against OU and CU given one or more of his fumbles inside the 20.

• Fire 1

Are you sure he didn't break any laws? Rumor has it he was booted for smoking weed. I'm pretty sure that's still against the law.

I'll sum up his career here at Nebraska. He had one great game. Besides that, he was a liability because he had a huge fumbling problem. People did nothing but whine and complain about hit until after the Clemson game. He became some kind of folk hero for some reason after that game. For everyone saying the outcome would have been different in the Iowa State, VT, and Texas game;Nowell the outcome might have also been different against OU and CU given one or more of his fumbles inside the 20.

Until there is a charge against him its safe to say he didnt break any laws. If u could be jailed for RUMORS we would all be in for it. What he was in court for something having to do with improper registration. He was a god guy but he made some bad choices. its just some pot anyways!

Mod edit - language.

You can swear freely in the Woodshed, but on the main boards we like to keep it PG. PM me if you don't have the Woodshed password and I'll give it to you. - knapplc

I do not recall this... :facepalm:

When it gets like this you can at least look forward to sitting in a rocker on the front poarch. When the kids come over yur first question will be, "Who the hell are these people and why are they callin' me Grandpa." :cheers Here's to better days KC.

T_O_B

:)

I'll sum up his career here at Nebraska. He had one great game. Besides that, he was a liability because he had a huge fumbling problem. People did nothing but whine and complain about hit until after the Clemson game. He became some kind of folk hero for some reason after that game. For everyone saying the outcome would have been different in the Iowa State, VT, and Texas game; well the outcome might have also been different against OU and CU given one or more of his fumbles inside the 20.

See that's not quite the truth. If he was ever caught, convicted, etc.. than it would be true. Otherwise, to quote Judge Judy, "It's hearsay." If we are judging people based on hearsay...we wouldn't be America would we?

Plus, if it's only smoking weed? I prefer to cast my stones at garbage like child molesters, rapists, etc... Not a college kid who decided to smoke weed. Much more important things to worry about at least where I live. Not condoning it, just saying there was once a guy named LP. See there's someone to root against if you are needing to jump on someone to get that feeling.

See that's not quite the truth. If he was ever caught, convicted, etc.. than it would be true. Otherwise, to quote Judge Judy, "It's hearsay." If we are judging people based on hearsay...we wouldn't be America would we?

Plus, if it's only smoking weed? I prefer to cast my stones at garbage like child molesters, rapists, etc... Not a college kid who decided to smoke weed. Much more important things to worry about at least where I live. Not condoning it, just saying there was once a guy named LP. See there's someone to root against if you are needing to jump on someone to get that feeling.

Respectfully, this makes no sense. Set aside the legal issue of smoking mj (it's an infraction in NE, below the level of a misdemeanor), the use of mj is a violation of team rules, one that is clearly articulated to each player. And of course it is hearsay......it should be. The program does not need to publicly hang around a kid's neck the reason for his dismissal from the team. If Bo is nothing else, he is CLEAR about his expectations.

• Fire 1

I'm sure Bo kicked him off the team for just hearsay.

Until Bo says he kicked Q off the team for smoking weed, we dont know the actual reason. So yeah, its still hearsay.

Bo would not dismiss anyone for hearsay. Any public reasons given for Q's dismissal IS hearsay (you're correct) and it SHOULD be (see #25). The fact that we don't know the reason does not mean that the basis for the dismissal was hearsay. Bo knows the reason and if you think it's hearsay then you should read Q's public statement when he left NU......it was HIS fault and he knew he violated team rules.

Now flush the hearsay argument down the toilet. It's irrelevant.

I'm sure Bo kicked him off the team for just hearsay.

Until Bo says he kicked Q off the team for smoking weed, we dont know the actual reason. So yeah, its still hearsay.

Bo would not dismiss anyone for hearsay. Any public reasons given for Q's dismissal IS hearsay (you're correct) and it SHOULD be (see #25). The fact that we don't know the reason does not mean that the basis for the dismissal was hearsay. Bo knows the reason and if you think it's hearsay then you should read Q's public statement when he left NU......it was HIS fault and he knew he violated team rules.

Now flush the hearsay argument down the toilet. It's irrelevant.

I'm not doubting Bo had cause for dismissing Q. I guarantee he was justified. I'm just saying we shouldn't judge a college kid so harshly, ESPECIALLY if his greatest fault was that he's a cheefer. I just don't like Al Sharptons aka people that live for putting other people down.

We're all humans that make countless mistakes...especially in Q's phase of life. We should be more humane and root for people to make better decisions, especially ex-Huskers; not get off on watching people fall by the side of the road. That's all I'm saying...I'm not even condoning what was allegedly done...just saying I think it's funny that everyone is trying to judge Q personally based on an alleged accusation that we don't even actually know.

I know that "something" occurred. DUH. I'm just saying that our statements debating this "event" are hearsay. Good try though.

Don't forget the Kansas game too.