What ever happened with the trying to schedule Boise State?

Regarding scheduling Boise State for the 2011 season...

Regarding scheduling Boise State for 2015,2016,2017 seasons for home, away, and home.

I know there was talk about this before on this board, but it's been a while since I've heard anything new.

What was the latest news? Did the whole thing die out?

• Fire 1

The whole thing died out, as far as I know. I don't think Boise State wanted to do a Home, away, Home deal for one reason or another. My guess is that they didn't like the details of the deal, maybe even as far as what money they would get for coming to play us?

All I know is that they are a team that a lot of people don't take entirely serious because of the conference they play in and the teams they play each year. Sure, they show up well in BCS games, but you have to look at the bigger picture. The last two years they played Oregon and TCU, the only teams of any real significance. The year before that, they didn't play a single talented opponent other than Hawaii. I'm not saying they're a bad team, but going through their schedule each year is nothing compared to the schedule teams from the Big 12 and SEC have to go through. Their S.O.S. is just bad.

Considering that they have been trying to gain more respect, you'd think they would take the opportunity to add some beef to their schedule.

• Fire 3

I agree they need to beef up their schedule... They need to to like what, then independent, Florida State did in the late 70s and early 80s. At that time, Florida State made itself a national power with an "anyone; anywhere" idea. Florida State scheduled teams to get the national respect they needed to build their program. They even played LSU (in Baton Rouge) 5 years in a row without getting to play them in Tallahassee... They were independent, which helped, but they did what they needed to do with their schedule to earn the respect. Boise State has earned some respect from me, but they need to swallow their pride like FSU did to get to where they want to be. This means playing more than 1 tough non conference game and playing away from home in tough nonconference games without getting to play in Boise the next year or getting a BIG payoff!

Boise State, and a few other teams, could learn a lot from what Florida State did back then! Bye the way... Florida State went 4-1 in those matchups against LSU! Pretty impressive! Boise State claims to have that same "anyone, anywhere" motto, but it still hasn't been shown.

From what i remember, T.O. was waiting to hear a response from Boise State on our proposal. But we never got a response from them. So i wouldn't count it out just yet, we haven't heard them say yes or no.

ok cool because i would really like to see this in the schedule!

I agree they need to beef up their schedule... They need to to like what, then independent, Florida State did in the late 70s and early 80s. At that time, Florida State made itself a national power with an "anyone; anywhere" idea. Florida State scheduled teams to get the national respect they needed to build their program. They even played LSU (in Baton Rouge) 5 years in a row without getting to play them in Tallahassee... They were independent, which helped, but they did what they needed to do with their schedule to earn the respect. Boise State has earned some respect from me, but they need to swallow their pride like FSU did to get to where they want to be. This means playing more than 1 tough non conference game and playing away from home in tough nonconference games without getting to play in Boise the next year or getting a BIG payoff!

Boise State, and a few other teams, could learn a lot from what Florida State did back then! Bye the way... Florida State went 4-1 in those matchups against LSU! Pretty impressive! Boise State claims to have that same "anyone, anywhere" motto, but it still hasn't been shown.

Bingo. Plus when FSU was doing the "anytime, anywhere" scheduling they weren't demanding $1 million+ cash payouts like Boise State is attempting to do.

• Fire 1

Bingo. Plus when FSU was doing the "anytime, anywhere" scheduling they weren't demanding $1 million+ cash payouts like Boise State is attempting to do.

This comes down to one thing.

Boise State is demanding that people treat them like a big boy, except they want to get the deals that the small, no-name schools get.

Agree 110% with you both!!!

In this day and age..I doubt FSU's method of gaining "respect" is necessary or even that possible with Boise's recruiting base.

Also..Playing Nebraska isn't as beneficial as it once was..(We're still probably considered "down" and probably will be until we start beating top-10's regularly).

In this day and age..I doubt FSU's method of gaining "respect" is necessary or even that possible with Boise's recruiting base.

Also..Playing Nebraska isn't as beneficial as it once was..(We're still probably considered "down" and probably will be until we start beating top-10's regularly).

and that begins this year!!! :koolaid2:

This comes down to one thing.

Boise State is demanding that people treat them like a big boy, except they want to get the deals that the small, no-name schools get.

Yes. Their whole image is semi-contradictory.

They have a program which has gained a lot of national respect over the past few years. They want people to take them seriously and they want to be given the opportunity to play for BCS titles when they go undefeated. Yet, when a large time program refuses to pay the "small" time deal, they either a)ignore the deal or b)do not accept the deal.

They need to realize that 1)they're not a little po-dunk school in the WAC anymore, but 2)they're still nowhere near the caliber of a Florida, Alabama, Texas, etc. Accept the deals they are offered unless they really aren't good. But if they are usable, then take the deal. Otherwise, people are still going to doubt the S.O.S. and the team in general. They gotta step up to the plate here.

A lot of tough talk out of Boise State last couple of years. Haven’t done much to back it up. Other than beating up Big Sky patsies on the smurf turf. Time for Boise to put on their big boy pants and play a real football team. The home-away-home NU proposed would have been a good start. If they think they can hang with us, that is.

I think Boise-NU would be a great series. I'd like to see it happen.