Your List of "Prove-It" Players For 2010

Kugler and Severe did a segment on Unsportsmanlike Conduct where they discussed players on their "Prove-It" lists. The list is essentially comprised of guys that have to prove their worth on the field, no matter how many good things are said about them through Spring and Fall. For example, Curenski was talked pretty highly of last Spring and during the Fall, yet never amounted to much outside of the non-con games and now has a question mark over his head.

So, who are the guys on your Prove-It list?

For me, Cody Green is definitely a guy on my list. He has a lot of athletic ability, yet never seemed comfortable with the offense following the non-con. Considering how the coaches talked about him and the skills he showed off during his high school years, he's a guy that needs to prove he's all there mentally and physically.

The second major guy on my list is Thenarse. The guy has flashes of greatness, yet was still responsible for a lot of blown coverage in 2008. His 2009 season ended too early for any of us to really tell if he had made significant improvements, and we had all but forgotten about Thenarse near the end of the season after the way Asante and O'Hanlon were playing. I remember ESPN doing a segment on Thenarse back in 2007 when College Gameday was here for the USC game. National media thought real highly of him that year.

I have three.

First, whoever lines up next to Crick. (T-Mo, Steinkuhler, etc.)

Second, Crick. Let's see if he can still produce at an elite level when consistently being double teamed.

Third, Niles Paul. I'm tired of his amazing physical talent being overshadowed by bone headed mistakes.

3 players stick out in my mind:

1. Eric Martin- Carl Pelini said in an interview some time ago that he WOULD be the defense. Did an amzing job on special teams though.

2. Terrance Moore- Jared Crick talked highly of him, lets see if he can stay healthy.

3. Taylor Martinez- Alot of talk about him so far, I understand he might not see alot of action this year, but I am excited to see if he can live up to the hype surrounding him as a quarterback.

3 players stick out in my mind:

1. Eric Martin- Carl Pelini said in an interview some time ago that he WOULD be the defense. Did an amzing job on special teams though.

2. Terrance Moore- Jared Crick talked highly of him, lets see if he can stay healthy.

3. Taylor Martinez- Alot of talk about him so far, I understand he might not see alot of action this year, but I am excited to see if he can live up to the hype surrounding him as a quarterback.

That's pretty much my list. You could also throw Yoshi in there since they've been talking him up since he committed.

Curenski is definitely a prove-it guy on my list. Will Compton's another one. Sean Fisher was spoken highly of too, and Matt May and Holt as well (both were invisible last year after promising campaigns before that). Zac Lee, in a different way, is a big one. He'll need to step up his production.

Curenski Gilleylen- All the speed and athleticism in the world, but seems to be a real head case with all of the drops, fumbles, trips.

Brandon Kinnie- Coaches are talking him up saying that he has stepped his game up and that he and NP24 are the two clear cut leaders at WR.

Ricky Thenarse- Was in an intense battle for the safety spot with O'Hanlon before getting hurt. He's a gifted athlete, just needs to get the system down.

Zac Lee/Cody Green/Kody Spano/LTW/Taylor Martinez- Well....you guys saw the QB play last season.

• Fire 1

Baker he came in has a 5 star prospect now as junior and we aren't even sure he has a starting job. I would love to see him step up and show the production we all know he is capable of.

Niles its time for a break outseason

The collective O-Line last year was down right terrible but they were young. Now with a year under most of their belts it is time to put up or shut up.

1) Zac Lee - If his injury was the only thing keeping him from the play we saw against Sun Belt and Arizona prove it.

2) Crick - Can he handle the pressure of being the one double teamed

3) Gomes - are you good or great

I'd say that Gomes more than proved himself last season. The pick at Mizzou that setup a score, the strip against KU to save a Kerry Meier TD and even on a bigger stage, the Big XII CCG, he intercepted a pass that set us up for what should have been the go ahead score.

Gomes is a ball player.

• Fire 1

Baker he came in has a 5 star prospect now as junior and we aren't even sure he has a starting job. I would love to see him step up and show the production we all know he is capable of.

The collective O-Line last year was down right terrible but they were young. Now with a year under most of their belts it is time to put up or shut up.

In all fairness to Baker, he was recruited as an OL. Like zoogies just said, he'll be a RS Soph this coming season.

And don't forget the injuries. Smith had a pectoral issue, Hickman had the hip pointer, Williams had ankle issues, etc. etc. The only o-linemen that went relatively unscathed was Ricky Henry.