Your List of "Prove-It" Players For 2010

1) Zac Lee - If his injury was the only thing keeping him from the play we saw against Sun Belt and Arizona prove it.

2) Crick - Can he handle the pressure of being the one double teamed

3) Gomes - are you good or great

I'd say that Gomes more than proved himself last season. The pick at Mizzou that setup a score, the strip against KU to save a Kerry Meier TD and even on a bigger stage, the Big XII CCG, he intercepted a pass that set us up for what should have been the go ahead score.

Gomes is a ball player.

True that, that pick against Texas was unreal.

Number 1 for me would be P.J. Smith. He's been talked about as a different kind of special for the last year or so, I want to see if he's got the goods. Also, Marcel Jones has been talked up quite a bit, we're always hearing how he might be the best OL on the team. Curenski and ZL are the same in my book, they played great against the sunbelt, but fell off during conference play, so they've got a lot to prove.

1) Zac Lee - If his injury was the only thing keeping him from the play we saw against Sun Belt and Arizona prove it.

I'd say that Gomes more than proved himself last season. The pick at Mizzou that setup a score, the strip against KU to save a Kerry Meier TD and even on a bigger stage, the Big XII CCG, he intercepted a pass that set us up for what should have been the go ahead score.

Gomes is a ball player.

Absolutely. One of the most amazing interceptions I've seen from a Nebraska DB in years.

Gomes is a ball player.

Absolutely. One of the most amazing interceptions I've seen from a Nebraska DB in years.

My point to that is I see flashes of greatness but will he become that guy QBs and WR fear. Just as the other 2 on my list we saw flashes of a great QB out of Lee and flashes of a great DT from Crick. Now it's time to prove that it wasn't a fluke.

Zac Lee and who ever is the QB coach. Can't count how many times on third down and everyone knew the rush was coming that it looked like Zac was pointing at the ground where he was going to curl up after the ball was snapped.(usually he ended up exactly the same spot coincidence?)

1. Zac Lee. Show us what you can do post injury. I felt bad about being so critical of his play after I learned of the injury. He has to step up this year. He could be the QB on a team with a chance to do something great.

2. Whomever fills in for Dillard. Compton, Fisher, or Eric Martin.

3. The entire DL. We have heard people say that we will not see too much of a drop off this year. That is quite a tall order. Lets see.

Cody Green will be fine people. He was an 18 year old kid last season.

My prove it list:

Keith Williams: Tons of raw talent. I want pancakes.

Eric Hagg: Won’t have that pesky Irish walk-on starting in front of him this year.

Sean Fisher: Show us why we should recruit more in Omaha. Or less.

Niles Paul: It’s his year to shine. I want to see glue fingers.

Kevin Kugler and Mike Severe: No more puff pieces or you guys do a 100 yards of pencil rolls.

Zac Lee- See if yr 2 brings any improvement

Will Compton- and the other LB's, they will have to be playmakers if the DL is the focus for opposing teams

Jared Crick- just the opposite of above, would love him to fill at least 1 of Suh's shoes!

Cody Green-- maybe... still a young kid and has even more talent breathing down his neck than last year.

Offensively - Niles Paul. IMO he's the epitomy of underachieving WR b/c he has all the physical tools to be the best Nebraska WR we've ever seen. Sure, he's proven his big play ability, but most of those have come from his speed alone. Until he can consistently run crisp routes, catch the ball in stride (w/o falling to ensure the catch), catch the ball in the middle (and take the hit) and most importantly avoid making huge mistakes (i.e. TT & ISU), he's my #1 "prove-it" player overall.

Defensively - Sean Fisher. He was a disappointment last year considering all the hype & his strong start in non-con play. We need a LB to step up, and he has lots to prove, more than all our other LBs combined IMO.

Coaching - Watson...for obvious reasons, visited & revisited every day on this board.

QB - Cody Green. He got experience last season, and he goes into his second offseason with the Huskers. Time to step up to the plate Cody.

HB - Collins Okafur. Seeing how he was complaining of not seeing the field and almost transferring. I want to see a put up or shut up attitude from him.

WR - Curenski Gilleylen. Last year you showed talent and speed. Now its time to show us how better your hands are.

TE - Chase Harper. Seeing that Kyler Reed and Mike McNeill are moving to the WR spot, I want to see great things from you at that spot.

OL - Yoshi Hardrick. The O-line needs a boost, I hope your that force we need to win the battle in the trenches.

DL - Baker Steinkuhler. You had your moments last season with the limited playing you saw. This year its time to step it up a notch.

LB - Matthew May. Injuries plagued you last year and the loss of Blake Lawerence didn't help. Having Fisher and Compton back helps, but lets see more productivity.

CB - Lance Thorell. You have talent and can lay a good hit, but you lack speed and explosiveness to the ball. With Hagg and Gomes possibly switching to Safety, I hope you have a strong year.

S - Rickey Thenarse. That ACL sprain was huge last year, but your back this year healthy. Now its time to show us that injury hasn't had any affect on your playmaking skills.