How unfair is this?????

so i bought 10 tickets to the spring game and i invited frinds to spend the day in Lincoln and go the gae. then my mom tells me i have to be an usher at a wedding the same day. the lady getting married is a secretary at my moms work whom ive never met. my mom barely talks to her but she voluteered me first then asked me. now i am forced to miss the game and i bought all the tickets. so unfair!!! our family also has season tickets and i have gone to every game for 10 years so im kinda a hardcore fan

You are getting played my friend!!! There is plenty of time for you to let your mom know first, then have her call this co-worker you have never met and let her know that she over-committed her sons services since this is wedding on the day of the Nebraska Cornhusker spring game. I game you go to every year. You have already paid for 10 tickets to attend and you have a lot of friends/family going and it is an all day event.

Why would you mom do this to you? The fact that your mom isn't going tells me a lot here. It is not important enough for her to go but you must miss something that is very special to you and you don't even know these people. If you don't know anyone then you are really going to feel out of place and why would this wedding party want to have a total stranger do this? Couple reasons, their friends are already busy and going to the spring game. Secondly, your mom is guilty that she isn't going and has decided to offer your free services since they are in a bind and don't have anyone since this is indeed on the same day as the spring game.

I don't know your age and if you still live at home but even if you do, you don't have to agree to this.

Let her know all the facts and take a stand that you want to go to the spring game. It is not a big deal. If this wedding is nearby, then a lot of other attendees will be feeling the same thing you are. They may actually even know these people.

Please keep us posted on this but you need to stand up and deliver on this one. Don't be shy, action creates reaction.

I don't know all the facts and I am giving you my opinion which is kind of harsh but you asked for comments, so here they are.

I'd probably call her and tell her I wasn't going to spite my mom for speaking for me, especially if my mom were going to Chicago. I'm sure she could find another usher. Just find someone out of a job to do it and give him 10 bucks. (have all 10 friends pitch in 5 bucks each and now you have 50.00 for someone else you know to do this!!!)

I would make sure my mom calls her today, you shouldn't have to deal with the bride, brides mom or anyone from this wedding. You didn't commit to this so have your mom make the call. You can then set your sights on the game which is 3 plus weeks away. Plenty of time for them to get another anonymous usher.

I agree with everyone, but, you don't need to explain yourself to this woman or your mom. It doesn't matter if you're going to the Spring Game or lying in bed due to a alcohol-induced hangover all day. You don't know this person, you did not offer to help, you have no obligation to do this.

I would tell your mom that she had better call her co-worker and break the news so that they can find an usher. Otherwise, that couple will be without one, because you're not going, period. Again, it doesn't matter if you're going to do nothing more important than devour ice cream and watch grass grow, YOU'RE NOT GOING.

Oh, and BTW, enjoy the game, grab a gyro and and elk creek for me!

I'd probably call her and tell her I wasn't going to spite my mom for speaking for me, especially if my mom were going to Chicago. I'm sure she could find another usher. Just find someone out of a job to do it and give him 10 bucks.

Since you don't know anyone at the wedding, no one at the wedding will know you. Go find some wino and give him the best $5 bottle of wine and drop him off at the church. It will be a ceremony nobody will forget.

I was just going to say to get a pickup and drive out to Home Depot early Sat? morning and offer a $10bill to an alien..just make sure you don't get probed.

I'd probably call her and tell her I wasn't going to spite my mom for speaking for me, especially if my mom were going to Chicago. I'm sure she could find another usher. Just find someone out of a job to do it and give him 10 bucks.

Since you don't know anyone at the wedding, no one at the wedding will know you. Go find some wino and give him the best $5 bottle of wine and drop him off at the church. It will be a ceremony nobody will forget.

Let me check my schedule........

Yes, I am available. BTW, we prefer to be called "refined grape enthusiasts".

• 2 weeks later...

Remember this, young padawan. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Your mom won't even be around. Like someone said, I'd just find a way to get the (apparently lame as sh1t) secretary's phone number, and call and tell her you have another obligation and don't want to do it anyway. You were volunteered without your knowledge. Obviously, you're old enough to afford 10 spring game tickets, you should be old enough to stand up to your mom once in a while. That doesn't mean that she has to know that you're going to stand up to her ahead of time ;0.

• 2 weeks later...

so i bought 10 tickets to the spring game and i invited frinds to spend the day in Lincoln and go the gae. then my mom tells me i have to be an usher at a wedding the same day. the lady getting married is a secretary at my moms work whom ive never met. my mom barely talks to her but she voluteered me first then asked me. now i am forced to miss the game and i bought all the tickets. so unfair!!! our family also has season tickets and i have gone to every game for 10 years so im kinda a hardcore fan

What is the status of the wedding. Did you cave in or are you going to the spring game???????????????

Hehe i worked one of my friends shifts at work last week and hes gonna go usher for me now. Wow you guys are genious. Its a win win. I get to go to the game and my mom will unknowlingly get compliments on how good of an usher my friend is. he went to the rehearsal tonight and said it was simple.