Rodney Coe

Rivals (who I trust more than Scout) lists Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Oklahoma and Tennessee as the schools he's high on. Doesn't even list Nebraska as low interest.

Mizzou offered (Edwardsville is just across the river from St. Louis, and I think Coe's father lives in Columbia), but I think they cooled on him, since he's stated he wants an offense the feature Rodney Coe as the featured back. Mizzou's offense won't be a running attack as long as Pinkel is coach.

Rivals (who I trust more than Scout) lists Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Oklahoma and Tennessee as the schools he's high on. Doesn't even list Nebraska as low interest.

Mizzou offered (Edwardsville is just across the river from St. Louis, and I think Coe's father lives in Columbia), but I think they cooled on him, since he's stated he wants an offense the feature Rodney Coe as the featured back. Mizzou's offense won't be a running attack as long as Pinkel is coach.

Edwardsville isn't just right across the river, its a good 45 minute drive to the STL.

:rollin

Missouri cooled on a :star :star :star :star :star running back.

Now I've heard them all. :D You're a funny guy MUTigerFan.

Edwardsville isn't just right across the river, its a good 45 minute drive to the STL.

It's a relative term... it's not like a Chicago suburb or Champaign. Edwardsville and Madison County are in the St. Louis Statistical Metropolitan Area.

When I was growing up, Southern Illinois U at Edwardsville sponsored some of the greatest concerts ever on campus... Grateful Dead, the Who, Credence, Dylan, Chicago Transit Authority (before they got all girlie as Chicago), Blood Sweat and Tears, and lots more, all performing in the outdoor ampitheater. Upwards of 30,000 per show and enough dope to light up a whole city. Good times!

That's not saying they wouldn't take the kid, but I understand that they're not busting a hump over someone who wants Mizzou to change its offense to suit him.

That's not saying they wouldn't take the kid, but I understand that they're not busting a hump over someone who wants Mizzou to change its offense to suit him.

Exactly. Pinkel knows he could never actually get a good running back so they "cooled" on the kid so their feelings don't get hurt. The last school I would look at as a RB outside of maybe Houston is MU.

Exactly. Pinkel knows he could never actually get a good running back so they "cooled" on the kid so their feelings don't get hurt. The last school I would look at as a RB outside of maybe Houston is MU.

Bingo. Kind of like Texas calling kids and saying that they will offer them a scholarship if they will commit to UT and cancel all trips . . . but if they won't do that they won't receive an offer. Purely a face saving move.

(Although, MU has had a few good backs. Temple was above average. That said, no one on their current roster is very impressive.)

Bingo. Kind of like Texas calling kids and saying that they will offer them a scholarship if they will commit to UT and cancel all trips . . . but if they won't do that they won't receive an offer. Purely a face saving move.

(Although, MU has had a few good backs. Temple was above average. That said, no one on their current roster is very impressive.)

Derrick Washington ran for 1900 yards the last 2 seasons on a pass oriented team, and had a bad knee most of last season. Not too shabby.