The big question

QBs  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Someone voted other... mind if I ask why?

Anyway, CG gets my vote. The way I see it, Cody was breathing down ZL's neck the entire season, and even started two games as a true freshman. Bo and crew are turning our guys into straight shooters just like himself. Cody says that he's made a 180 degree turn from last year, and if he's a true student of the staff, he's not embellishing (a whole lot). Cody was a hell of an athlete in HS, and I think he just needed some time to learn the offense and let the game come to him. If he really has made a "180 degree turn" between the end of December and now, going through spring ball with the 1's is only going to help him be the natural athlete he is.

It would be awesome to see someone we didn't expect to emerge yet for the starting position to be the Starting QB (Martinez anyone???)

It seems like Spano is kind of that unsung guy. Not really talked about too much in comparison to Green and Zac Lee. He's almost the Joe Ganz of the group in terms of not coming in with all the accolades like some of the other quarterbacks have. It would be really cool if he emerged. I wish I knew more about him talent wise. I think I read somewhere on this board, maybe it was a quote from Watson that Spano may have the strongest arm of all the quarterbacks? I am not sure.

Voted for CG. Frankly I don't buy that Zacs' injury is what made him sub-par last year. And if he is still our best option after missing spring ball then we are in for another fall of eye-gouging offense.......

Agree!

i disagree. i like cody green and think he has the most potential, but i feel he would be high risk/high reward, while zac lee offers stability and a solid handle of the playbook and schemes. i don't buy zac's problems came from his injury either, but i think he did so poorly because of our offensive line. if he has some time and a solid running core, he will do just fine and manage the offense well enough that the offense will not lose a game and the defense will just have to do its part.

I picked Lee, Not b/c I want it but that is the way it will be. They are going to start him because he can lead the team the best at this point. But, I see lot's of subbing coming in the first few games until they are sure what each can do in game. I Think HuskerTrucker has hit the nail on the head with his post. No way they will start anyone but Lee first but after that I think CG or Martinez could step up at anytime to take the lead. I've always rooted for CG but sounds like Martinez is making vast improvements which is great to hear. No matter the QB I just want Ws.

I voted Taylor Martinez. While it will probably end up being Zac Lee, but with the type of offense I think we'll be running, I just think with his speed and athleticism, he is a "sleeper" and someone to watch.

On a sidenote, I am rooting for Cody Green to make some serious improvements this year. I wish him a great season.

I voted Lee, following the Arizona game it is his position to lose and honestly he hasn't done anything to lose it yet. Nor have I seen anything from the other QB's to warrent him not starting. From the two practices I watached Lee was still the man, he has that it factor to him. During drills he impressed me not only because of his disire to throw when he couldn't but because he competed with each and everyone one of the QB's. Perfect example, one drill the QB's had to dodge giant crunch balls (aka Ab workout balls) being thrown from different directions. While that was going on the QB's had to dodge, turn and follow passing targets. Now normally you wouldn't think much of this drill but watching all the QB's take their turns and watching them interact. It was clear that Lee was still the leader of the QB's. During that drill not only did his feet work look great but he was able to dodge every ball thrown at him and quickly adjust to the passing target. The other QB's got hit atleast twice everytime they ran it and didn't adjust as quick as he was able to.

During other drillS the same thing would go on, Lee would display great feet work and the desire to fire the ball when he was supposed to pass. The other QB's just didn't seem as comforatable with the drills yet. Now I know all of this is subject to change once he is allowed to throw and fall ball begins but like I said I have not seen anything to say that he has lost his starting postion yet. The only major thing I could see is that Martinez jumps Green for the number two spot. All I can say is that we have great depth at QB and someone will probably transfer if there isn't any separation after this year. I can see Martinez starting for a VT, GT type offensive team I really could.

I had to go with Zac Lee. He's got a full season under his belt and maybe has a lot of that pressure off his chest now. He seemed to look good against the Sun Belt, VT, Mizzou, and he surprised alot of Husker fans during the Arizona game. Lee showed his running ability that was talked about all off season last year during the Arizona game and hopefully we'll see more of that in 2010.

All of this QB hype especially with Taylor Martinez is great and all but I'm not going to buy into that since I did last year with all of the Lee and Green hype and was disappointed during the 09' season.

I hope I'm wrong and all of this talk of the QB competition is true and hopefully it'll show for the upcoming season.

I went with Lee as well. I think he knows the playbook better then the other guys and he knows how to manage the game. I thought it was interesting you said he looked good against VT though (not dogging on you, just not what I remembered). So I decided to look up the stats for that game.

NEB VT

NET YARDS PASSING………….136 192

Completions-Attempts-Int…. 11-30-2 12-27-0

Average Per Attempt………4.5 7.1

Average Per Completion……12.4 16.0

Passing Touchdowns……….0 1

That wasn't a very good game for Zac Lee or Tyrod Taylor really. I thought as the season went on he managed the offense very well. He just doesn't have that "it" factor, but for now he is the best we have IMO.