New to the Huskers, anything I should know

Haha, well thanks for the welcome and tips everyone. I read up on some stuff, mostly game of the century though, and watched some vids. I think the best way for me to learn is just wait for the season to start and pay close attention in the games, I should have all the players down in a couple games. But I'm actually really excited for this season to get under way, I miss football.

Just out of curiosity, and maybe you said it already, but what brought you to Husker nation? Did you follow any other team before this or have you just never been fully interested in football?

I went over it vaguely in the Introduce yourself thread (I think thats what its called), but it was my dad that brought me to the huskers. He grew up in minnesota and nebraska, and we moved to lincoln in '99. I've always been a diehard Vikings fan, but never really got into college football, it just didn't interest me as much as the NFL because there weren't any blockbuster trades, drafts, too hard to keep up with players leaving every year etc. I started to get interested in the huskers last year, and the first game I really wanted them to win was against Texas, and I followed that game on my cell phones sports app. When I saw we lost I was actually sad about it, like I am when the Vikings lose, and then I started following them a little more till the end of the season and the first full game I watched was the bowl game.

So it was a mixture of my dad, and just desire to have at least ONE of my teams win a championship. I'm trying to get into more sports, like MLB, but I'm starting off with college football, and at least the Huskers give me one reason to be proud to be in nebraska.

Well, I don't know about anybody else, but I love me some extra Vikings fans. That means you, me, and Minnesota Husker are the only out of the closet Vikings fans that I know of on this board.

It's good to see you following the Huskers now, though. One thing that a lot of posters won't be so quick to point out on here, as far as Husker history goes, are the years between 2002-2007. After Tom Osborne left in 1997, we had a few good years of football under Frank Solich including another trip to the National Championship game. However, the final regular season game before the Big 12 championship, we lost to Colorado 62-36 and have never really recovered since. Until Pelini.

You forgot me Enhance. I follow the vikes pretty adamantly, maybe more than the skers. I have ever since I can remember watching football because my dad is from South Dakota, and he says where he was from everyone liked the Minnesota teams just like almost everyone in SD follows the Huskers.

Haha, well thanks for the welcome and tips everyone. I read up on some stuff, mostly game of the century though, and watched some vids. I think the best way for me to learn is just wait for the season to start and pay close attention in the games, I should have all the players down in a couple games. But I'm actually really excited for this season to get under way, I miss football.

Just out of curiosity, and maybe you said it already, but what brought you to Husker nation? Did you follow any other team before this or have you just never been fully interested in football?

I went over it vaguely in the Introduce yourself thread (I think thats what its called), but it was my dad that brought me to the huskers. He grew up in minnesota and nebraska, and we moved to lincoln in '99. I've always been a diehard Vikings fan, but never really got into college football, it just didn't interest me as much as the NFL because there weren't any blockbuster trades, drafts, too hard to keep up with players leaving every year etc. I started to get interested in the huskers last year, and the first game I really wanted them to win was against Texas, and I followed that game on my cell phones sports app. When I saw we lost I was actually sad about it, like I am when the Vikings lose, and then I started following them a little more till the end of the season and the first full game I watched was the bowl game.

So it was a mixture of my dad, and just desire to have at least ONE of my teams win a championship. I'm trying to get into more sports, like MLB, but I'm starting off with college football, and at least the Huskers give me one reason to be proud to be in nebraska.

Well, I don't know about anybody else, but I love me some extra Vikings fans. That means you, me, and Minnesota Husker are the only out of the closet Vikings fans that I know of on this board.

It's good to see you following the Huskers now, though. One thing that a lot of posters won't be so quick to point out on here, as far as Husker history goes, are the years between 2002-2007. After Tom Osborne left in 1997, we had a few good years of football under Frank Solich including another trip to the National Championship game. However, the final regular season game before the Big 12 championship, we lost to Colorado 62-36 and have never really recovered since. Until Pelini.

You forgot me Enhance. I follow the vikes pretty adamantly, maybe more than the skers. I have ever since I can remember watching football because my dad is from South Dakota, and he says where he was from everyone liked the Minnesota teams just like almost everyone in SD follows the Huskers.

Leave just leave!

:lol::sarcasm

:facepalm:

All you damn Vikings fans....

empty-case.jpg

You know what that empty box is?

The Minnesota Vikings trophy case.....

GO PACK GO!

• Fire 1

ahhhh man its going to be hard for me to listen to anything you have to say now that I know that you're a puker fan. :P I'll have to put NFL rivalries aside I guess, though its hard because I bleed purple and gold. Ya ya we have no championships, I've heard it all before. You guys haven't won one in 10+ years and I doubt you have anyone from that team left, so how about something a little more relevant than history (which you guys obviously have a great one, really), like last year ;)

:facepalm:

All you damn Vikings fans....

empty-case.jpg

You know what that empty box is?

The Minnesota Vikings trophy case.....

GO PACK GO!

Don't have to have championships to be a fan.

let's see... I know about ne-ou. Although I don't hate some of the ppl that come out of there (Adrian peterson and Phil loadholt).

:cheers fellow Huskers and Vikings fan!

Welcome to the board, and welcome to Husker Nation. Enjoy the ride. :bonez