Suh a Ram???

A good point I saw made recently is that not a whole lot of top ten DTs have really lived up to their expectations. By not a lot, I really mean none in the past say, fifteen years+. So the odds are actually against Suh, for all the talent that he is, to live up to that lofty financial investment of a #1 pick.

As for news that the Rams are in talks with Suh, I think it might be to gain leverage against Bradford in negotiating a contract. Sometimes the teams have a couple players they have contracts in place for at the #1 spot, and pick one. It's a plus of being the #1 draft pick, you get to have your contract pretty much in place.

I guess the opinion is just that Bradford is a franchise QB. Maybe. If so, they'll strike gold. If Suh is the first top 10 DT in a generation to dominate the game as one of the NFL's premier DTs, then that still won't be striking gold - they'll just have a good DT.

On the other hand, the Lions have their franchise QB. They got a nice pick in Louis Delmas last year in the 2nd round at safety and need to add more pieces to their team. I think Suh fits that bill more than he fits the Rams, where they need pretty much everything. Suh is good, but he needs to be on a good DL, too.

Another thing is scheme wise, he wasn't asked to take over the game at Nebraska. As in, he was coached to read and react, etc. I wonder if he'll struggle if teams ask him to do that in the NFL. He did mention before that teams in the NFL learned a different scheme and he's up for the challenge of learning it. I'm sure he is, I just wonder if we'll see as astonishing results.

Heard that the Lions don't have a ton of interest in Suh, FWIW.

Of course not, they are looking for their 10th first round QB.

You mean wide receiver?

OK so I think that Bradford has an incredible amount of potential. He has all of the right tools and is incredibly smart, just look at his wonderlific test score, but with that being said he is injury prone and not to mobile outside the pocket. If the rams sould draft bradford, the would make a grave mistake. Now I understand that the rams franchise is in a desperate situation and that they need that public figure to rally their fanbase around but with the fact that the rams have absolutely no oline and that their only offense threat is a brittle hb in stephen jackson, drafting an injury prone qb as the first pick and investing over 50 million bucks in the guy is far from smart.

The way I look at is they could draft the sure deal in suh at #1 and not potentially ruin the franchise (much like the alex smikth in san fran or smith in cinci etc.) And then grab their franchise qb in the 2nd round in colt mccoy. Colt may not have brafords strength but he is by far more mobile within the pocket (a very important quality for a qb who has no offensive line) , more accurate, and CHEAPER! Less risk and pressure on the franchise.

A good point I saw made recently is that not a whole lot of top ten DTs have really lived up to their expectations. By not a lot, I really mean none in the past say, fifteen years+. So the odds are actually against Suh, for all the talent that he is, to live up to that lofty financial investment of a #1 pick.

IMO, there hasn't been a DT like Suh in the past say, fifteen years+. You can't pass on this guy. I'm not sold on Bradford as the next great QB. I think Suh is a lock to be a dominate force in the NFL for years to come.

IMO there was not a franchise QB in this draft. So why spend the money and make Bradford the number one overall pick? They could take Suh 1st overall and then draft Colt McCoy and pay him WAYYYYYYYY less money and they would have a young QB to groom.

^^^^^^This. The franchise QB, one with Elway-esque characteristics NU gets to face at Washington in a couple months. Why Locker didn't come out, IDK??? The Rams need a QB, they should trade the pick and try like everything to get Locker next year.

What physically sticks out with Bradford??? He's already used up goods with that shoulder.

As for news that the Rams are in talks with Suh, I think it might be to gain leverage against Bradford in negotiating a contract. Sometimes the teams have a couple players they have contracts in place for at the #1 spot, and pick one. It's a plus of being the #1 draft pick, you get to have your contract pretty much in place.

I guess the opinion is just that Bradford is a franchise QB. Maybe. If so, they'll strike gold. If Suh is the first top 10 DT in a generation to dominate the game as one of the NFL's premier DTs, then that still won't be striking gold - they'll just have a good DT.

On the other hand, the Lions have their franchise QB. They got a nice pick in Louis Delmas last year in the 2nd round at safety and need to add more pieces to their team. I think Suh fits that bill more than he fits the Rams, where they need pretty much everything. Suh is good, but he needs to be on a good DL, too.

Another thing is scheme wise, he wasn't asked to take over the game at Nebraska. As in, he was coached to read and react, etc. I wonder if he'll struggle if teams ask him to do that in the NFL. He did mention before that teams in the NFL learned a different scheme and he's up for the challenge of learning it. I'm sure he is, I just wonder if we'll see as astonishing results.

Heard that the Lions don't have a ton of interest in Suh, FWIW.

Not sure where you are getting that info. From what I have heard, Schwartz loves Suh and wants to build his line around him like he did with Haynesworth in Tennessee.

Next year's First Round Quarterback crop is heads and tails above this years. You've got Andrew Luck, Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert all with NFL arms and bodies who all have uncanny instincts and generally high football IQs. And that's just the start. You can pick a franchisesque QB with a late-first round next year meaning you can trade up your 2nd round pick and some later picks and take 2 First-rounders next year and get a great DT and OT with the other 2 this year and next.

Browns are now talking to the Rams about trading for the number 1 pick in the draft.

I heard that too, but I also heard that the Rams weren't that interested, even with the plethora of draft picks the Browns could offer. The Browns have ten draft picks this year. If they can't entice the Rams to trade, most likely nobody can.

And I doubt seriously Roethlisberger gets traded. Even with his recent trouble, that's a highly unlikely move for Pittsburgh.

Browns are now talking to the Rams about trading for the number 1 pick in the draft.

I heard that too, but I also heard that the Rams weren't that interested, even with the plethora of draft picks the Browns could offer. The Browns have ten draft picks this year. If they can't entice the Rams to trade, most likely nobody can.

And I doubt seriously Roethlisberger gets traded. Even with his recent trouble, that's a highly unlikely move for Pittsburgh.

I don't think the Browns have anything enticing to the Rams for that number 1 pick. Besides both teams need QB's, why would the Rams pass up the opportunity to take the first one?

As for Big Ben, I think the Steelers will eventually trade him, but it won't be until after the draft or possibly next season.