My wife got the first disc from her brother a while back, and YES it is an ass kicker! Especially in the cardio department. I don't think my wife expected it to be so intense, she did about three days and couldn't hack it. Now she is using the Wii fit, and I plan on killing myself with the insanity routine. Which reminds me I need to get those other discs..........thanks Okie! :thumbs

My wife wanted to try the program as well and I tried to convince her that it was a tough routine. But she persisted and I relented and finally brought home one of the dvd's. We did just the warm-up and the warm-up stretching and that was enough for her.

What dvd did your wife come home with? I know the Pure Cardio is a serious nut-juicer.

Good luck with the program!! I was surprised when I got my dvd's and started the program. The damn warm-up can tear you down. But hang with it man. It really is a good program. I didn't start to see or feel results until about the 3rd week. I do the workouts at work in our training room where I have a lot more room and am less apt to sit on the couch and wuss out. I have another guy I work with doing the program as well. We've modified the schedule a little so we always finish up on Friday with the Recovery workout.

When I started the Insanity workout I had a lot of problems with lower back pain. I even re-aggravated a recurring injury I have with my lower calf muscles (if I run to much, I pull a tendon or something and it hurts like hell to run). Surprisingly though, the pain in my lower back has subsided quite a bit and my calf muscle feels fine. If I had to make a guess, I would say it's some of the stretching he has you do. A lot of it appears to be Yoga type stretching.

Another guy I work with has the P90X program on his computer that I downloaded to DVD's for my wife. Once we're done with the Insanity workout at work, the three of us in the shop are going to start up P90X.

My lower back was the reason I started working out again ~5 years ago (for a year).

I was finally able to isolate the problem area with this one chair that after you strapped in, you could do forward crunches against resistance..I'd do 150 or 200 reps with the stack and my back would feel great.

I did seem to grow "KEG abs" though. <_<

My lower back was the reason I started working out again ~5 years ago (for a year).

I was finally able to isolate the problem area with this one chair that after you strapped in, you could do forward crunches against resistance..I'd do 150 or 200 reps with the stack and my back would feel great.

I did seem to grow "KEG abs" though. <_<

I know the feeling. My lower back would feel fine during the workout but it was after the workout that my back would start to tighten up and hurt. Always seemed like it needed to pop. The past couple of weeks though, my back has felt pretty good. During the Insanity workout, there are a couple of excercises that seems to make my back pop and man o man o man...it feels good, lol

I tell my wife I have 6 pack abs...I just keep them covered up under a layer of fat for modesty sake.

I started P90X 3 days ago. And it is an arse kicker also. I had let myself get WAY too out of shape. over the last 5 years. I hurt every where. Not very much fun right now but i must admit that I am pretty juiced to do it. I am going sans pull up bar for now because i dont have one and the portable ones you put in the door frame do not fit in my doors.

I am trying to do the diet and everything with mine. I really want to make a change. I am too young to be this fat and feel this old. Would could keep eachother posted and be our own little Huskerboard 'kick arse and take names' support group.

just dont expect before and after pics. I wouldnt want to make you guys jelous :laughpound

I started P90X 3 days ago. And it is an arse kicker also. I had let myself get WAY too out of shape. over the last 5 years. I hurt every where. Not very much fun right now but i must admit that I am pretty juiced to do it. I am going sans pull up bar for now because i dont have one and the portable ones you put in the door frame do not fit in my doors.

I am trying to do the diet and everything with mine. I really want to make a change. I am too young to be this fat and feel this old. Would could keep eachother posted and be our own little Huskerboard 'kick arse and take names' support group.

just dont expect before and after pics. I wouldnt want to make you guys jelous :laughpound

Hey I just want to say don't quit. Don't let anyone talk it down or anything. I've heard some people belittle working out like that because it's not traditional weight lifting. The standard push-up works more muscles than any lift. Hershel Walker didn't lift a weight till college and came in at 215 or something like that by just doing push-ups, sit-ups, jumping rope, and dips.

edit: and I should add that he's the fittest 47 year old ever to have lived, without a doubt. He's way more fit than Jack Lalane was at that age.

• Fire 1

I started P90X 3 days ago.

I'm just a tad ahead of you. I've gone through two complete weeks so far. 76 more days to go! I only skipped one day of Plyo because I got sick and didn't have the energy to workout...otherwise I've been sticking to the routine. On top of P90X I play indoor soccer twice a week so I should be in shape in no time. From what I hear though, you won't start seeing big changes until Day 60-90. Still, week 2's workouts went better than week 1....so I can tell a difference already. I just can't seem to conquer Yoga without getting frustrated. I'm not that flexible!

I love P90X. Aside from Tony being a cheesy dude, couldn't ask for a much better workout in your own home. Plus you can use it forever and not have to pay for it every year like a gym membership. The first time around, I lost about 30 pounds in 4.5 months. I don't do a strict diet either because as long as you eat like you're supposed to (proper portions, no junk) you'll be good to go. Good luck guys and keep us informed of your progress.