Suh pledges 2.6 million donaton to UNL

Wow! Just when you think Suh has done as much as humanly possible, he takes it to another level. Just like he did on the field.

Even more impressive than flinging Colt McCoy like a frisbee. I applaud you Ndamukong Suh!!

I'm speechless!

+111

This news made my day.

He was a treasure for the university, what more can he do???

this really should mean something to recruits. i mean for everything SUH did for the university, he thinks he still owes something back. just imagine, then, what he believes the university gave to him.

i mean, it may be just him being altruistic, but even then, that says something about the university that the star player going to the nfl would want to give so much back. he obviously has respect for the program and thinks it is worth trying to help maintain/increase its success.

I'm speechless!

+111

This news made my day.

He was a treasure for the university, what more can he do???

this really should mean something to recruits. i mean for everything SUH did for the university, he thinks he still owes something back. just imagine, then, what he believes the university gave to him.

i mean, it may be just him being altruistic, but even then, that says something about the university that the star player going to the nfl would want to give so much back. he obviously has respect for the program and thinks it is worth trying to help maintain/increase its success.

It's just someone showing his appreciation to the program that helped him move to the next level.

He was ready to pack his bags and head to Oregon before Bo promised him he could be that player he wanted to be, if he gave Bo and his staff the chance to mold him into that player.

I went to the Spring Game with my Dad. I'm 23 years old and Husker Football has always been our "father and son" type thing (which i realize is not unique, but just stating for the purpose of this post) I always get those goosebumps during the tunnel walk, watching classic games, etc. My Dad is emotional, but doesn't put off or show much emotion, which made this even better for me.

When Suh came on the big screen at the stadium and said what had to say in that video it was really cool. I felt those goosebumps then too. The greatfullness, respect, and integrity of the people of Nebraska was displayed through Suh! As I looked over to my Dad to see what he thought of this event I was stunned! My dad had his sun glasses on (that he's had forever and sometimes people might even wonder if they're attached to his face) but I saw a tear on his cheek and he wiped it away really quickly so nobody we see. BUT I DID SEE. It was really cool that he was touched that much. I don't think he knows I saw that tear, but after he wiped it away real fast he said, what I previously wrote, "The greatfullness, respect, and integrity of the people of Nebraska is being displayed through that man." Then he said, "Nebraska football is definately back!"

I don't mean to embarass my dad or anything like that, but I just wanted to share with you guys how we took it. It wasn't only a nice gesture for Suh. It meant a lot more to a lot of fans than the 2.6 million meant. It's the great traits of Husker football teams and players of the glory days coming back.

Dad might have a good point because winning will come with those great personality traits through hard work, greatfullness, respect, integrity, etc. Dad's point is that Nebraska "being back" based on wins and losses is debateable, but the personality traits or characteristics in our players = Nebraska "being back" because it will lead to wins the Nebraska way!

GO BIG RED!!!

• Fire 3

I went to the Spring Game with my Dad. I'm 23 years old and Husker Football has always been our "father and son" type thing (which i realize is not unique, but just stating for the purpose of this post) I always get those goosebumps during the tunnel walk, watching classic games, etc. My Dad is emotional, but doesn't put off or show much emotion, which made this even better for me.

When Suh came on the big screen at the stadium and said what had to say in that video it was really cool. I felt those goosebumps then too. The greatfullness, respect, and integrity of the people of Nebraska was displayed through Suh! As I looked over to my Dad to see what he thought of this event I was stunned! My dad had his sun glasses on (that he's had forever and sometimes people might even wonder if they're attached to his face) but I saw a tear on his cheek and he wiped it away really quickly so nobody we see. BUT I DID SEE. It was really cool that he was touched that much. I don't think he knows I saw that tear, but after he wiped it away real fast he said, what I previously wrote, "The greatfullness, respect, and integrity of the people of Nebraska is being displayed through that man." Then he said, "Nebraska football is definately back!"

I don't mean to embarass my dad or anything like that, but I just wanted to share with you guys how we took it. It wasn't only a nice gesture for Suh. It meant a lot more to a lot of fans than the 2.6 million meant. It's the great traits of Husker football teams and players of the glory days coming back.

Dad might have a good point because winning will come with those great personality traits through hard work, greatfullness, respect, integrity, etc. Dad's point is that Nebraska "being back" based on wins and losses is debateable, but the personality traits or characteristics in our players = Nebraska "being back" because it will lead to wins the Nebraska way!

GO BIG RED!!!

:clap

Thanks for sharing. Nothing to be embarrassed about. That's just a human, being human.

GO BIG RED!!!

Great story. Thanks for the sharing! I don't feel so bad then saying I get a tear (or tears) in my eye(s) during the Tunnel Walk as well. It's just something....don't know what...it's just something about it...

GO BIG RED!!!

That story ROCKS!!!!!

I got goosebumps when the announcement was made. Does anyone happen to have video of this??

Also, did anyone see the billboard outside of the stadium that was an advertisement for a local men's formal wear store with Suh posing while wearing a casual suit? The sign said, "Nice Suht". :lol: