Video of Spring Game highlights

Nexus

What was up with the pants?

First, on the KO play, KO and return teams seemed to be split in the color of their jerseys.

Then we had red jerseys on red pants, and red jerseys on white pants.

What the heck was going on there? Offense - red jersey, defense - white jersey for both teams?...why? But then we had Cody (red-on-white) passing to Henry (red-on-red)...argh, my head is spinning.

First, on the KO play, KO and return teams seemed to be split in the color of their jerseys.

What the heck was going on there? Offense - red jersey, defense - white jersey for both teams?...why? But then we had Cody (red-on-white) passing to Henry (red-on-red)...argh, my head is spinning.

I think some players swapped jerseys in the middle of the game. Pelini mentioned this the other day that some players might start out on one team but will swap out to the other team. It was circumstantial.

According to the radio guys, here is how it broke down:

Red pants = red team

White pants = white team

Red jersey = offense

White jersey = defense

So on kickoffs, there was a mix of offensive/defensive players, and, therefore, a mix of red and white jerseys.

Is anyone else having trouble with huskers.com videos? It plays for a few seconds then stops and buffers for 10 seconds, over and over.

Yeah. Server traffic jam. Probably about 500,000 fans trying to simultaneously download it.

This wouldn't be a problem if they televised it, hint, hint, nudge, nudge, or at the least, streamed it live via Huskers.com.

I understand why they didn't, just really irritating that you can watch damn near any spring game online except NUs.

Red pants = red team

White pants = white team

Red jersey = offense

White jersey = defense

So on kickoffs, there was a mix of offensive/defensive players, and, therefore, a mix of red and white jerseys.

I was there and I absolutely hated this break down. Why make it so confusing? One team wears all white (or white jerseys red pants) and one team wears all red (or red jerseys with white pants).

Red pants = red team

White pants = white team

Red jersey = offense

White jersey = defense

I was there and I absolutely hated this break down. Why make it so confusing? One team wears all white (or white jerseys red pants) and one team wears all red (or red jerseys with white pants).

i wonder why the teams aren't best defensive/second offensive vs. best offensive/second defensive. this way isn't any worse, i was just wondering why they chose this variation of trying to have two equal teams (kindergarten, gym class, two captain style).

Red pants = red team

White pants = white team

Red jersey = offense

White jersey = defense

i wonder why the teams aren't best defensive/second offensive vs. best offensive/second defensive. this way isn't any worse, i was just wondering why they chose this variation of trying to have two equal teams (kindergarten, gym class, two captain style).

While that's the ideal way to divide them up, it might imply that a depth chart is in place which goes against what the coaches have been preaching when they say "no spot is secure, every position is up for grabs."

Red pants = red team

White pants = white team

Red jersey = offense

White jersey = defense

While that's the ideal way to divide them up, it might imply that a depth chart is in place which goes against what the coaches have been preaching when they say "no spot is secure, every position is up for grabs."

that makes perfect sense, kind of a stupid question on my part. i thought maybe it was because the game was more about going through reps than "real" competition.

Red pants = red team

White pants = white team

Red jersey = offense

White jersey = defense

that makes perfect sense, kind of a stupid question on my part. i thought maybe it was because the game was more about going through reps than "real" competition.

I'd agree with the bolded statement as well.