Can we say goodbye to PPV games...

Assuming they begin the season ranked among the top 10, do you think Nebraska will more than likely be picked up for national or regional broadcasting for the three cupcake games?

I sure hope they do. Being on regular television boads well for future recruiting...and it doesn't hurt the wallet. ;)

Given the BIG 12 horrible TV Contract. WKU and SDSU will be PPV unfortunately. UW will prob be a ABC regional game and Idaho a FSN night game. I could be wrong, but I just see thats how the cards will fall.

I think we'd need to move those cupcake games to Thursday or Friday to get on TV.

friday would be great. definitely worth making the move to get national attention. a boring game on saturday (for the rest of the nation) would be the best game on friday.

I dont think Tom would allow that to happen. I believe he has said in the past, the friday nights belong to high school football.

But I agree with you a Friday Night game would garnish national attention, much like last years Thursday Night game did.

There will always be pay per view with crap schedule we throw together. Play someone with a pulse and the nation will be interested. No one out side of the state of Nebraska could care less about any of our out of conference games other than Washington, and if we are up big quick it will be a loser for the broadcaster.

You want to see the Huskers play on TV every game, we have to bring something to the table that other fans want to see.

Highly doubt they put the game(s) on NET. They should, but they won't. As long as people continue to buy the PPV's [and they are crappy broadcasting and picture as well] then the cupcake games will continue to be on PPV, and some of the PPV's go back to the University, so it's not all terrible, but they are still on PPV because people will purchase them, I am guilty of this as well during the 08 season. Thankfully, the Pederson scheduling will be ending soon, so more of our non-conference games will hopefully be on Regional or National coverage with MUCH more interest than they are now.

FWIW, all the BCS schools have cupcakes in their schedule. Much like Nebraska, they schedule one big game and then schedule winnable games, then go i-aa route if needed. Personally, I like the fact that we have one big nonconference game a year, then the rest are winnable. Is it our fault that washington has been really bad the past 8 or so years???? We scheduled them prob 3,4,5 years ago, their is no way we can predict whether a team will be "still" be good or "still" be bad.

The thing that pisses me off most about the PPV games is that they're in SD. It's 2010, time to get with the program. HD is the norm and trying to watch sports in SD (especially on an HD screen) is pretty rough. We'll be able to catch Towson vs. Indiana in beautiful HD courtesy of the Big 10 Network, but not 2-3 Nebraska games. :steam Eff the Big 12 and their god-awful TV contract.

The thing that pisses me off most about the PPV games is that they're in SD. It's 2010, time to get with the program. HD is the norm and trying to watch sports in SD (especially on an HD screen) is pretty rough. We'll be able to catch Towson vs. Indiana in beautiful HD courtesy of the Big 10 Network, but not 2-3 Nebraska games. :steam Eff the Big 12 and their god-awful TV contract.

Yeah, I agree with ya. The Florida Atlantic game last year was the last straw for me. The Horrible picture display, the commentators were extremely unprepared, Pavelka was on the sidelines sounding like he was drunk, he couldnt even put a sentence together. I told myself never again.... This year im gonna just go and try to get tickets to the game at the last minute.